Havoc Company Dedicated Server

Johnny_Rico

• 4 weeks later...

May I suggest to respawn the hostile groups N/NE of the Ka-50 FARPs (Syria map) not one by one but when all groups have been destroyed? It kills the immersion and our airframes when you have a recently destroyed group respawn below or next to you. A corresponding message and timer for the respawn would also be much appreciated.

May I suggest to respawn the hostile groups N/NE of the Ka-50 FARPs (Syria map) not one by one but when all groups have been destroyed? It kills the immersion and our airframes when you have a recently destroyed group respawn below or next to you. A corresponding message and timer for the respawn would also be much appreciated.

I will see what I can do

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

ok implemented on all servers on all static ground groups (3 ranges - easy - armoured - SAM)

when all the enemy within the zone are dead a message will appear telling

you that in 90 seconds they will start to respawn (displayed for 10 seconds)

90 seconds later they start spawning in random locations

No more pre-orders

Tested it on Syria server; works -- big improvement!

The FARP furthest south is out of range for ground crew, though (Huey A-G, think it was a/the Moscow FARP). However, refueling the A-G Huey did not work on any FARP: "Copy" on rearm and refuel request, after successful rearming ground crew changes their mind to "cannot comply" for refueling.

Here you go -- oddly, yesterday I didn't have any problems with the Shark on the FARPs in the yellow box, rearming/refueling no probs.

Edit: Landed on bottom left corner of FARP Yunga (top right FARP on image), could refuel there.

Screen_200902_124255.thumb.jpg.d6c10ec8985d183abd09ca8392bd20b6.jpg

Edited by Catweedle

new version uploaded .. hopefully fixed? things are very close together now

Thinking of adding the A4-C mod to the server, any thoughts folks ?

Edited by HC_Official

No more pre-orders

Some WIP-suggestions/-observations:

- Symmetrical amount of cold and hot start airframes (2/2, 4/4, ...)

- Country of some Hueys is set to RUS (intended?)

- One or two Akulas on RUS side (immersion/authenticity); more Akulas in general

- Some tankers too slow for fast movers, add 30-50kt, i.e. to 230-250kt (?)

- Mission suggestion: Easy/med./hard convoys: fuel, resupply trucks(+AAA?)/APCs+AAA(+SAM?)/Tanks+AAA+SAM

- Mission suggestion: Prevent/destroy "IED-vehicles" from reaching a destination/harming friendly convoy

- Player controllable (unarmed?) JTACs

Edited by Catweedle

Some WIP-suggestions/-observations:

- Symmetrical amount of cold and hot start airframes (2/2, 4/4, ...)

- Country of some Hueys is set to RUS (intended?)

- One or two Akulas on RUS side (immersion/authenticity); more Akulas in general

- Some tankers too slow for fast movers, add 30-50kt, i.e. to 230-250kt (?)

- Mission suggestion: Easy/med./hard convoys: fuel, resupply trucks(+AAA?)/APCs+AAA(+SAM?)/Tanks+AAA+SAM

- Mission suggestion: Prevent/destroy "IED-vehicles" from reaching a destination/harming friendly convoy

- Player controllable (unarmed?) JTACs

currently 2 of each aircraft for now until i can work out demand, one cold + one hot

RU - fixed

Akulas - I had a great sub hunting mission done 3 months ago ......... subs are broken in MP .. thanks ED!

Tankers - speed has been fixed

I have code for convoys and have for years .... MP making moving vech warp all over the place stopped me enabling them

JTAC .. maybe ... but they need to be elevated to look down onto targets and lase them ?

No more pre-orders

No bother @ moving stuff, was just throwing in some ideas. I hoped it got fixed for the most part ... nope, just witnessed teleporting vehicles while dispersing. :noexpression:

Aye, JTAC needs LOS -- might be tricky and maybe a thing to add at a later stage.

Was going to continue my previous post, but maybe it's better to report stuff this way:

- Easy targets did not respawn (they did once in the afternoon; however, an hour ago they did not)

- High demand on both A2G Vipers; 2nd one is cold start also; no WP set (I owe you a drink for molesting you with them :smartass:)

+ Maybe add a Kobuleti-style target range; I saw a couple of pilots having a hard time spotting the targets at the Easy-area in the hills)

As usual: a big thanks for your efforts!

Edited by Catweedle

ok ... something screy is happening with that group ... one extra unit is being counted ... that does not exist, set respawn trigger to one higher

- viper 2 is hot now

if you can scout a decent place to move the range to I will move it, just post a pic

No more pre-orders

With the concept of the other maps in mind, i.e. close to the main A2G FARPs/AFs, "landmark-ed", and far enough from higher-threat area, it's kind of tricky without touching what is already there. But, after some National DCS Geographic I found a spot (cf. images).

The only problem is the southern border of the medium range -- the marker "MEDIUM RANGE BORDER" had a MANPAD on the server. If you relocate the southern (med. range) spawn locations a bit further north it should be fine.

Screen_200904_122716.thumb.png.531b824b46435de2d001a8d18e51fc3f.png

Screen_200904_122808.thumb.png.65c151577e33366eb5ec4fdb0f67e86e.png

I see what you did. :) Nice new range, we like it.

The five FARPs near R. David need tents (or whatever it was that does repairs), though. Furthermore, for some odd reason the southern FARP, when selected, is shown as a ZIL_KUNG_P1 (see att. image).

I just tried the server and the top left one (london) was showing as KUNG .... must be some weird DCS bug

I will try to work out what needs to be at the FARP to repair stuff

No more pre-orders

Ye, I also smell some DCS oddity with the Kung. Now it didn't show any Kung-Fu-FARP on the map. I could also repair, but maybe I was close enough to the nearby (medi-)tent.

give it a whirl tonight If you have time

No more pre-orders

NVG's burnt my retinas on the CAU server, have to test Syria with damaged airframe tomorrow. I did see you added an extra tent at the FARP's, though. Should work, the radius seems to be rather large for those.

Update: No anomalies detected, repair/refuel/rearm no probs.

Edited by Catweedle
Update