"Special Store"

Sauerkraut

In this article is a "special store" mentioned.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2605076&postcount=9

Then I found this:

The F-86F-35-NA had the capability of carrying a nuclear weapon. The 1200 pound Mk 12 "special store" (As the atomic bomb which euphemistically called) with a yield of up to 12 kT what Carried under the Port Wing, while drop tanks were attached under the starboard wing. The nuclear bomb that delivered by use of the Low Altitude Bombing System (LABS), in Which The Pilot Approached the target at low altitude, pulled up to begin a loop, released the bomb near the top of the loop to throw the bomb away from the flight path, and then escaped the blast by climbing away with at Immelmann turn. The F-86F-35-NA what equipped with a computer for Determining the exact instant of bomb release, alongwith a set of controls for arming and disarming the "special store" in flight. Conventional weapons That Could be Carried included a pair of 1000 pound or smaller bombs, two 750-pound napalm tanks, or eight 5-inch HVAR rockets. The F-35 which otherwise similar to other F-86Fs.

Source: http://www.joebaugher.com/usaf_fighters/p86_8.html

Is it possible, to make the MK12 available for this aircraft?

Edited by Sauerkraut

To be honest, I would like to see this as it gives the player a reason to use the LABS system that is already on the aircraft.

I know that there is some discomfort surrounding the idea of modeling nuclear weapons in DCS but Leatherneck proved that you can "simulate" a nuclear weapon in a way that the LABS system would be useful with.

• 3 weeks later...
To be honest, I would like to see this as it gives the player a reason to use the LABS system that is already on the aircraft.

I know that there is some discomfort surrounding the idea of modeling nuclear weapons in DCS but Leatherneck proved that you can "simulate" a nuclear weapon in a way that the LABS system would be useful with.

You can always use the LABS system with conventional bombs to practise employment of nuclear weapons. Here the challenge is actually greater to see how close you can come to the target with the bomb. While I don't generally resent the idea of including nuclear weapons in this simulation, I also don't really see a strong need to have them; in this one aspect personally I am happy with what we have. I think however the F-86 needs more conventional ordnance, like cluster bombs or napalm. The two 500lbs bombs combined with the difficulties of precise targeting are of limited use against armored targets.