Scale of Speedtrees in 2.5

Nice! Will try this as soon as I can. Thank you! :thumbup:

EDIT: A lot better (see attached). Did you try anything higher than 90%, like 96% or so?

Screen_180208_002642.thumb.png.adc6e422ea5ea2c7dc7f0e06c2e56e38.png

Edited by rrohde

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Thanks! Tried 90% reduction but had an artifact out my left side so went to 80% and no issues (in VR).

***EDIT

Going to test again after work now that I've seen the pics below. Not sure if the trees actually were reduced in size now...

Edited by Spetz

I've noticed artefacts as well at 90%, which didn't show up during my testing initially. I finally saw them in the M2000C quick mission "Takeoff", flying towards Gaudata.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Tried 90% and I'm sold. Flew the "moving trucks" mission in the Gazelle and noticed a huge change in the perception of speed across the ground.

Then again, flew the Cold Start mission in the F-5 and kept it low level. 300+ kts and its very noticeable.

Thank you for another great fix.

As I mentioned last night, I barely noticed any difference between 80% and 90%. 1 -5 feet maybe. Perhaps none at all. Usually the tallest trees were between 150 - 170 feet. The only measure I have is the radar altimeter in the Harrier which is a crude way to measure. It has me wondering is the radar altimeter is off because those trees do not look 170 feet tall.

Try 80% if you are experiencing any artifacts. There's not much difference between 80% and 90%, if any.

Bananimal's DCS Mods and Skins

What is the meaning of mod, if the height does not really change?

Show pictures with original vs mod trees.

Show who has the difference in altitude.

I have an idea, use JSGME. Follow the instructions. Screaming it is not working for you when you choose to do it manually and expecting someone to be able to reverse engineer your mistakes is a mighty high expectation. Even more so, demanding I prove it works through pictures because you are bent on doing it your way is an interesting position to take.

I've checked that my JGSME are working proparly, atleast with other mods.

But I can't seem get this mod to work, I've tried all of the different reduction %'s but don't get any noticeable difference. I've also checked that I got the updated version of your mod where the filenames are correct.

Great work Bananimal :) Hope I can enjoy it too somehow :angel:

@Bananimal,

did you figure out what caused these artifacts (see image attached)?

I tried something for fun - and it removed the artifacts for me completely (while keeping the trees reasonably small) - I used the -90% BlockTrees.ref, but used the -80% CaucasusObjects.ref file instead.

Curious what triggers these artifacts within the changes of the 90% CaucasusObjects file.

Screen_180208_130545.thumb.png.b126a62fbab1e88e490d83f8a9680817.png

Edited by rrohde

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I've checked that my JGSME are working proparly, atleast with other mods.

But I can't seem get this mod to work, I've tried all of the different reduction %'s but don't get any noticeable difference. I've also checked that I got the updated version of your mod where the filenames are correct.

Great work Bananimal :) Hope I can enjoy it too somehow :angel:

Same here, including Kudos.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

Thanks alot now I can spot ground units near the tree cover, so long SAM!

METEOP

i5-6600K OC@4.5Ghz, GTX 1070 OC, 32Gb RAM, M.2 NVMe SSD

Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Rudder Pro, Trackhat Clip, 1080p projector, Custom touchscreen rig, Ikarus touchscreen panel, Voice Attack, ReShade, Simshaker Aviator

Not sure if the mod works for all tree types on the map? Just tried the -50 set from the corrected package, in default P-51 Batumi takeoff mission (proximity of trees to airport building makes comparison easier), and there is no height difference whatsoever.

I turned it on using OvGME, not JSGME, but that shouldn't matter, both enablers work on the same principle.

Edit - OK, I don't want to stir the pot, but I hope we don't suffer from the giant placebo effect in this thread :D? Below I made a screenshot of default trees in Anapa airbase, to compare with first of Bananimal's screens in post #127, which were supposed to show how the trees look like with -90 reduction. Well, take a look, they're exactly the same :D. Position, density, height etc. What gives?

Screen_180208_230257.thumb.jpg.4298f114fb70051d7f2ea04545914150.jpg

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Same here, including Kudos.

It's got to be because the files are not dropping into their folders.

Open up the following folders and set the view to "Detail" in the windows tool bar for that folder so that you can see the date of the files that you are getting ready to replace.

DCS 2.5\Mods\terrains\Caucasus\Models\BlockTrees

Run JSGME and import one of my mod folders.

Leaving the folder open above, watch for the date to change on the BlockTrees.ref.

If the files dropped and JSGME is working correctly, the date on the new BlockTrees.ref that JSGME drops in the folder will be 2/7/2018 7:13 PM.

Not sure if the mod works for all tree types on the map? Just tried the -50 set from the corrected package, in default P-51 Batumi takeoff mission (proximity of trees to airport building makes comparison easier), and there is no height difference whatsoever.

I turned it on using OvGME, not JSGME, but that shouldn't matter, both enablers work on the same principle.

Edit - OK, I don't want to stir the pot, but I hope we don't suffer from the giant placebo effect in this thread :D? Below I made a screenshot of default trees in Anapa airbase, to compare with first of Bananimal's screens in post #127, which were supposed to show how the trees look like with -90 reduction. Well, take a look, they're exactly the same :D. Position, density, height etc. What gives?

Looking into this right now. It appears that some of the lines in my 90% folder are values that have not changed from originals.

Bare with me on this because there are 338 hits for "tree" in the BlockTrees ref file. I have to go through each line manually and ad the value to my chart. This might explain why I was not seeing a significant change in tree sizes in some instances. Best course of action for me is to start from scratch and redo all the files. I should have something ready in a hour or so. Sorry guys, this is a b!$ch of a mod. Miss one line and it's dorked.

Here's a few more screens at 90% reduction. I think scale is much better than default. The shots of the aircraft at altitude are 2500 ft. and 1500 ft respectively. Note that the power lines are above the trees now as they should be.

I think I've got it to work, because i also got the artifacts in -90% reduction. But the thing is there is no difference in tree height what so ever :no:

Bananimal you said to note the power lines that are above the trees but they look the exact same in default aswell :music_whistling:

Hope you'll get it working :) Really appreciate the effort!

Try 80% if you are experiencing any artifacts

-80% no artifacts

use JSGME

Ok! I'll try JSGME...

Well, take a look, they're exactly the same .

Here I am about the same!

Edited by huligan

win10 21H2 | i5-4670K 4.5GHz | 16Гб DDR3 | MSI RTX2080ti Ventus OC 11G | РУС vkb Gladiator Pro+РУД vkb Gametrix ECS+Пендали BRD-MS1 | Pico4 VR | | https://vk.com/paraplan_mkp

Sorry guys, this is a b!$ch of a mod

This explains why I did not see any changes on my trees!

Very thanks for your work ! I hope you bring this mod to the finals!

win10 21H2 | i5-4670K 4.5GHz | 16Гб DDR3 | MSI RTX2080ti Ventus OC 11G | РУС vkb Gladiator Pro+РУД vkb Gametrix ECS+Пендали BRD-MS1 | Pico4 VR | | https://vk.com/paraplan_mkp

It's got to be because the files are not dropping into their folders.

Open up the following folders and set the view to "Detail" in the windows tool bar for that folder so that you can see the date of the files that you are getting ready to replace.

DCS 2.5\Mods\terrains\Caucasus\Models\BlockTrees

Run JSGME and import one of my mod folders.

Leaving the folder open above, watch for the date to change on the BlockTrees.ref.

If the files dropped and JSGME is working correctly, the date on the new BlockTrees.ref that JSGME drops in the folder will be 2/7/2018 7:13 PM.

Yah, I've got lots of experience with JSGME/OvGME etc.. and have already confirmed as you described.

Can appreciate you're mounting frustration with this, but it's an important contribution to this Beta.

Much appreciated.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

:thumbup: Maybe what we have been seeing is slight changes in density and not tree height at all ? Anyway Bananimal keep at it you will crack this nut..:thumbup:

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE