Transfer saved game from bs2 and a10c to DCS Word?

This is also a concern of mine.

I have a BS 2 campaign in progress that I took a hiatus from a while ago, and having just found out about DCS World I am concerned that I will lose all my progress if I upgrade to DCS World.

Incidentally, DCS World doesn't affect cmapaign missions in general, right? So once I install DCS World and BS2, I will still be able to play the BS2 campaigns?

Thank you.

Itkovian

The underlying structure for trackiing your progress will have changed, so unfortunately I do not believe this is possible. It might be theoretically possible, but would involve manually editing the relevant files while editing all entries with the new structure in mind. So sorry, probably not practical.

Itkovian, I'm not entirely sure I understand your question there. The BS2 campaigns are playable in DCS World if you have installed the BS2. If you have a half-played campaign in your existing, stand-alone, BS2 install, you will also be able to continue it through that install even after installing DCS World, since they track user data in separate folders. The drawback is that you'll be playing on the existing install rather than the DCS World one, but since the installs are able to coexist on the same machine this should be no problem. Did that roughly answer your query?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Itkovian, I'm not entirely sure I understand your question there. The BS2 campaigns are playable in DCS World if you have installed the BS2. If you have a half-played campaign in your existing, stand-alone, BS2 install, you will also be able to continue it through that install even after installing DCS World, since they track user data in separate folders. The drawback is that you'll be playing on the existing install rather than the DCS World one, but since the installs are able to coexist on the same machine this should be no problem. Did that roughly answer your query?

I was just checking if the single player campaign worked in DCS World, just in case DCS World was a multiplayer-only thing.

That said, what you're saying is that if I wanted I could download and install DCS World (in its own directory) and then install BS2 1.2 (which is DCS World only, as I understand it), and I won't need to uninstall my current BS2 installation?

But, as the data tracking is not compatible, if I want to play DCS World I would need to start over with a new pilot, correct?

Thank you.

Itkovian

I was just checking if the single player campaign worked in DCS World, just in case DCS World was a multiplayer-only thing.

DCS World on it's own is single-player only, with an Su-25T as a flyable. This is a free product.

Multiplayer becomes available in DCS World when the user purchases and installs one of the modules - A-10C, BS2, P-51D, CA. Users that have a license for either of the aforementioned need not purchase of course, just install. If you currently have BS2 active on your computer, DCS World will detect this activation and you're set to go.

That said, what you're saying is that if I wanted I could download and install DCS World (in its own directory) and then install BS2 1.2 (which is DCS World only, as I understand it), and I won't need to uninstall my current BS2 installation?

Correct, though I'd say that the only reason to keep the current BS2 installation would be specifically if you have a campaign you want to continue.

But, as the data tracking is not compatible, if I want to play DCS World I would need to start over with a new pilot, correct?

You could probably copy over things like medals, flight hours, kill numbers etcetera with little problem - that would just be a matter of copying some numbers with two notepad windows. And while this method should theoretically work even for tracking campaigns, it becomes very involved and is not practical.

As a further note: if you decide you want to remove your old install, which personally is what I'd recommend unless you specifically want to continue a campaign, you should not deactivate the install. Leave it active and DCS World will use the same activation.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester