Vulkan with AMD Vega

nVidia supports Vulkan well too. The problem with this game is, that the nvidia drivers are most probably not optimized at all.

I own Vega myself, but you will be looking at similar boost in performance on nVidia as with AMD... ideally. It all depends how drivers will be optimized for DCS in this regard.

Do, or do not, there is no try.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire Nitro+ Rx Vega 64, i7 4790K ... etc. etc.

I hope you're right. I hope ED's Vulkan also performs good with green team in the future. I just couldnt help myself seeing that benchmark. It beat the more pricy 2080ti card. Its amazing.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Sincerely doubt ED will intentionally favor one brand over the other, and suspect they will focus on CPU performance anyway. At least at first.

That said, I guess Vulkan has had multi-GPU support for a year now, and supposedly there are migration tools for that (https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2018/03/vulkan-1-1-adds-multi-gpu-directx-compatibility-as-khronos-looks-to-the-future/)

Sounds like AMD is out in front of NVIDIA, in terms of support (or even interest in) multi-GPU systems.

To be clear, none of that matters for DCS, UNLESS you're into VR. If you are, this could get interesting. I'd way rather invest in twin Vegas (especially since I already have one lol) as opposed to say a Titan, or whatever it'll take to drive the next generation HMD's

So, maybe someday. Meanwhile, I'll take the multi-threading all day long

Ryzen 5600X (stock), GBX570, 32Gb RAM, AMD 6900XT (reference), G2, WInwing Orion HOTAS, T-flight rudder