Looking for the Formation light color code files

assafm25

Hi ,

I working on some IAF skins.

In the israeli F-15's we have yellow formation light and not blue like in the USA fighters.

Is ther any lua file that controll the colors of the lights?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAF Bell205

IAF Anafa

-----------------------

DCS World Modules: A-10C, FC3, MiG-21BiS, F-86, P-51, KA-50, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8, M2000K, Gazal, Bf109, Mig-15, Hawk and NTTR

-----------------------

My System - ASUS Maximus HERO iiiv, CoolMaster 120 Sadion Plus, I7 -6700K @4.0, G.Skill ddr4 16GB ram, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 , PSU Seasonic X-650W, OCZ 150 500Gb ssd drive X2, Seagate 7200 1T X2.

-------------

It's an LUA somewhere. I've seen it before, but can't remember. It had values for the RGB for the lights, but unfortunately I think that changed the colors for ALL the FC3 aircraft. So if you find that LUA and change the colors, I think it would apply to all the FC3 aircraft, not just the F15. If someone else doesn't try to help you out, I'll try to find the LUA again when I get home. I've never changed the values of that LUA though, so I'm only 60% sure. Lol. DCS is quite extensive, and it can be a nightmare to find a file or figure out what does what sometimes.

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

I'm not completely sure if the formation lights come from the model texture files or from some generic texture file, so assuming its the model file try this.

This is probably the line you need to add to your texture lua, with the corrected appropriate tga.dds file:

f15 description lua:

{"f15_BANO_bill", 0, "f15_bano", true};

If true does not work try changing it to false, I forget which is which these days, every version of the game appears to be different !!!

And this is the texture file name for the f15 lights

f15.bano.tga.dds

If that does not work its probably a generic texture file, and I would not even try to change that because it will change every other model as well, as Magic Zach points out.