Problems Qualifying - Game Bugs - Report them Here!

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for purchasing our campaign.

There are a set of 12 practice missions that were supposed to be included in the initial release but unfortunately due to an installer issue they didn't get deployed. They should be out in the next update. They contain runway and in-air starts to avoid the lengthy A-10C start-up procedure and some extra dialogue to help prepare for the qualification missions.

If you are having any problems qualifying or see any bugs or other things amiss please report it here.

We will do our best to understand the issue and get you flying again.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

• 3 weeks later...

mission problem in maple flag advanced training campaign

hello there should be a problem with advanced flight training 09 guided bombs A-10C, every time I go below 5000ft, during the engagements in the training range and after the mission ends approaching kobuleti, the exam terminate with a fail, I experienced this also when the instructor give me the autorization to return to base and say me that the restriction is terminated.......no way to terminate this mission and my training campain is blocked .... please help me to solve this is a big problem for me.....I'm on steam with last version of dcs for steam 1.5.3.52018, utilizing the campaign which I have bouight from maple flags and downloaded from dcs site

thanks

hello there should be a problem with advanced flight training 09 guided bombs A-10C, every time I go below 5000ft, during the engagements in the training range and after the mission ends approaching kobuleti, the exam terminate with a fail, I experienced this also when the instructor give me the autorization to return to base and say me that the restriction is terminated.......no way to terminate this mission and my training campain is blocked .... please help me to solve this is a big problem for me.....I'm on steam with last version of dcs for steam 1.5.3.52018, utilizing the campaign which I have bouight from maple flags and downloaded from dcs site

thanks

Are you killing all the targets in AFT09? You need to drop the bombs on the specific targets identified in the briefing and then destroy all elements in the convoy.

Does this also happen with the practice mission package?

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/421093/

Hi there, I have the package working nicely.

On mission 4, the one with the missed approach, I fly it all correctly then at the last few moments when I am on approach the mission gets terminated.

The instructor says maintain pattern altitude (2500ft) but I am on approach to land with a clearance? Which one is it? Land or pattern altitude with gear and flaps out?

I cant get past this and it feels a bit buggy to me that I am told that I am clear to land and so set up and head in to do so, but then get terminated for flying an on glideslope approach?

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Rob.

Hi there, I have the package working nicely.

On mission 4, the one with the missed approach, I fly it all correctly then at the last few moments when I am on approach the mission gets terminated.

The instructor says maintain pattern altitude (2500ft) but I am on approach to land with a clearance? Which one is it? Land or pattern altitude with gear and flaps out?

I cant get past this and it feels a bit buggy to me that I am told that I am clear to land and so set up and head in to do so, but then get terminated for flying an on glideslope approach?

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Rob.

Make sure you hit the Initial Approach Fix provided by ATC and then on heading 120 to Batumi. There is a trigger zone that will turn off the Pattern Altitude check.

Once you hear: "Make your descent to the Final Approach Fix and don't forget to complete your checklist." then you are clear to exit the pattern altitude.

Compare your flight to the one in this video to see where things were different:

Report back if you continue to have issues and we will investigate further.

Hey sabre,

loving the campaign! Any change we might see the advanced flight and tactical training campaigns released by dcs soon? Cant find them anymore and dying to try them out!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Emergencies

Hi Sabre

I`m having problems progressing with BFT08.

I do the engine shut down and restart ok then it should start to

give me random failures but nothing happens until the voice over

informs me I failed to respond correctly.

Many Thanks

ARACAS

Hi Sabre

I`m having problems progressing with BFT08.

I do the engine shut down and restart ok then it should start to

give me random failures but nothing happens until the voice over

informs me I failed to respond correctly.

Many Thanks

ARACAS

Thanks for reporting that. We will investigate and see if we can reproduce it.

Here is a video of how this mission should play out:

Hi Sabre

I have uninstalled then reinstalled the campaign but still no luck.

I pass the left engine shut down and restart it then informs me of impending failures then nothing then it informs me that I failed to respond correctly .

Many Thanks

Aracas

On watching the video I have noticed the cadet merely shuts down the left engine allows it to cool then initiates a restart.

I am shutting down the engine starting the apu then apu power followed by motoring the engine til bellow 150c then initiating a restart .

Hi Sabre

I have uninstalled then reinstalled the campaign but still no luck.

I pass the left engine shut down and restart it then informs me of impending failures then nothing then it informs me that I failed to respond correctly .

Many Thanks

Aracas

It looks like you got through the engine restart test ok and you got the message indicating the random failures are next.

10 seconds after that message the first random failure is a CDU failure and there is one flag (57) that is controlling that.

I suspect the flag is being set on your system somehow and then all other failures don't play out.

Does this happen in both practice and qual missions?

Hi Sabre

Yes it happens in both practice and qual.

Great campaign by the way , it has taught me a lot and can`t wait to get on with it :) .

All the previous missions both practice and qual have played perfectly and when I reinstalled the campaign I didn`t loose my place.

Thanks again.

Hi Sabre

Yes it happens in both practice and qual.

Great campaign by the way , it has taught me a lot and can`t wait to get on with it :) .

All the previous missions both practice and qual have played perfectly and when I reinstalled the campaign I didn`t loose my place.

Thanks again.

Until we understand the flag issue you can play the missions manually.

See this post for instructions on how to do that.

Hi Sabre

I`ve passed the BFT08 with a Q rating.

I responded to the CDU failure correctly by shutting it down then after four seconds restarting it even though it didn`t shut down on its own in the first place.

I then got a responded correctly message and the rest of the mission played out correctly.

Thanks

Aracas

Hi Sabre

I`ve passed the BFT08 with a Q rating.

I responded to the CDU failure correctly by shutting it down then after four seconds restarting it even though it didn`t shut down on its own in the first place.

I then got a responded correctly message and the rest of the mission played out correctly.

Thanks

Aracas

We have not had a chance to test it yet (hopefully today). Do you have immortal setting enabled?

No I don`t have imortal selected unlimited weapons etc or any of the game modes.

I set up a mission in the editor to replicate the emergencies mission and

at first only some of the failures occurred.

When I set mission options to force failures it played out as planned.

No I don`t have imortal selected unlimited weapons etc or any of the game modes.

I set up a mission in the editor to replicate the emergencies mission and

at first only some of the failures occurred.

When I set mission options to force failures it played out as planned.

We were able to retest and it looks like the Game Engine has changed the SET FAILURE trigger and has added a new parameter. The failures weren't working with the default values so we managed to get them to work with some new values. However the CDU failure seems hit and miss with the game engine at present so we put in a message to indicate the failure so the user will know what occurred.

I've updated both the practice and qual missions and they should be available in the next ED update. :thumbup:

Well I passed the emergencies mission and moved onto the instrument landing mission, after umpteen attempts I was about to ace it when the instructor crashes into me on finals ! :(.

Shame I didn`t get to my Master Arm and Gun Arm quick enough.

Has anyone else had this happen ?.

• 1 month later...

thanks

Did you have to do anything special to get the module to work in the steam version of DCS World?

Well I passed the emergencies mission and moved onto the instrument landing mission, after umpteen attempts I was about to ace it when the instructor crashes into me on finals ! :(.

Shame I didn`t get to my Master Arm and Gun Arm quick enough.

Has anyone else had this happen ?.

This happens to me every once in a while when I'm landing on any of the missions. I find that just having my wing man orbit before I get to the approach fix and then call for him to RTB when I've landed cures the issue.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 years later...

Hi there! ;-)

I bought this campaign yesterday and I was very excited about all the details, the story and the complexity of all the documents.

The first mission with the arrival of the C-130 to Batumi was awesome and I was very satisfied. So I started the next mission and I completed it.

I was ready for more! :-)

The next day I wanted to continue with the mission but suddenly everything looks different. The story and the documents changed!??!?

It´s still a BFT and at Batumi but something looks different now!!

Yesterday it looked like this mission (pls check link):

https://www.mudspike.com/dcs-a-10c-basic-flight-training-qualification-campaign/

Now the first mission is to start taxing from the ramp and back! :huh:

Did I miss something or do I have to download additional files? Which one is the current one?

Sorry for all the questions but maybe someonr can help me out!!

Thank´s in advance!! ... and greetings from Germany! :)