F/A-18C Arab Spring Campaign

How do I download new update?

Follow the link at the start of the thread, unzip the folder then place in your saved games folder. Make sure you use the version relevant to your version of DCS. Use Mods version on 2.5.5 stable (if you want the extras) and No Mods in 2.5.6 (as mods are broken on OB release)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Please feedback if things aren't right. Plus i'm working on an SC version too

Thanks for your hardwork.

Any idea when the SC version of the campaign will be available?

Thanks

Intel i7 8700K @ 5Ghz, Aorus Z370 Gaming5, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3000MHz, Nvidia 3080Ti FE, Samsung 970 NVME, Samsung 512GB EVO SSD x 2, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Rudder Pedals, HP Reverb G2, Windows 11 x64, DCS Modules = FC3, A10c Warthog, F14 Tomcat, F18 Hornet, F16 Viper, Persian Gulf, Syria.

Hi,

I tried the SC version last night ; is it supposed to start me in the air in Mission 1? I thought the whole point of that version was to start on the SC.

Playing on stable (2.5.6), I own SC of course. Because of that I started way ahead of the SEAD flight so the rest of the mission is pretty difficult (or you have to wait on station at high altitude for them to destroy the SA-2). Also I am curious why the loadout in that mission is Mk-82s for such small targets, I'd have preferred AGM-65s for a precision strike, or some laser-guided GBUs.

AMD R7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200MHz | RTX 4080S 16GB | Varjo Aero | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk3 + STECS + pedals

Hi,

I tried the SC version last night ; is it supposed to start me in the air in Mission 1? I thought the whole point of that version was to start on the SC.

Playing on stable (2.5.6), I own SC of course. Because of that I started way ahead of the SEAD flight so the rest of the mission is pretty difficult (or you have to wait on station at high altitude for them to destroy the SA-2). Also I am curious why the loadout in that mission is Mk-82s for such small targets, I'd have preferred AGM-65s for a precision strike, or some laser-guided GBUs.

Didn’t happen in testing. Check the ME to ensure it’s set to ramp start please

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Didn’t happen in testing. Check the ME to ensure it’s set to ramp start please

My bad, SC was installed on OB but not Stable. Once installed the mission runs fine and is fun! From the SC I could actually change the loadout to my liking.

One thing: even though I killed all 4 radars for the wormthings we have to kill but still got a mission failed after successfully landing. I guess we have to target the missile launchers instead? As an improvement suggestion, it would be helpful to indicate mission success requirements in the brief.

AMD R7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200MHz | RTX 4080S 16GB | Varjo Aero | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk3 + STECS + pedals

My bad, SC was installed on OB but not Stable. Once installed the mission runs fine and is fun! From the SC I could actually change the loadout to my liking.

One thing: even though I killed all 4 radars for the wormthings we have to kill but still got a mission failed after successfully landing. I guess we have to target the missile launchers instead? As an improvement suggestion, it would be helpful to indicate mission success requirements in the brief.

Thought the brief said “destroy the silkworm sites” ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thought the brief said “destroy the silkworm sites” ?

That part is clear, but do we need to destroy all missiles and radars (8 targets in total)? I destroyed only the radars and got mission failure - I took the same logic as for a SAM site, without a guidance system those missiles are useless. Destroying all would require my stupid AI wingman to actually do something right...:music_whistling:

That part is clear, but do we need to destroy all missiles and radars (8 targets in total)? I destroyed only the radars and got mission failure - I took the same logic as for a SAM site, without a guidance system those missiles are useless. Destroying all would require my stupid AI wingman to actually do something right...:music_whistling:

Or use of the gun

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I actually managed mission 1 with 8 GBU-12s and a TGP. Was very short on fuel (landed with 1500lbs) but all good.

Mission 2 is a lot more manageable, and I just had a blast completing it! I just wanted to point out that TACAN for the boat doesn't seem to work properly in that mission (2) on 73X. I had no signal on the HSI, checked that it was properly turned on. I did not have this issue in mission 1. No big deal, just a remark. ;)

Great work on this campaign, I am enjoying it a lot so far!

Is that using the SC version if you're talking TACAN 73X?

Yes, sorry. I use the SC version, mission 2. Don't know what was up but my HSI couldn't find the beacon when dialing 73X. The indicator was spinning all around the HSI, but even 5nm from the boat it couldn't find it. It was working in mission 1 just the day before.

Yes, sorry. I use the SC version, mission 2. Don't know what was up but my HSI couldn't find the beacon when dialing 73X. The indicator was spinning all around the HSI, but even 5nm from the boat it couldn't find it. It was working in mission 1 just the day before.

Check the ME and ensure it’s assigned to the the carrier

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Been playing the first mission now. So far everything has been working good :).

One question, might be in regards to wingman AI in general:

How can I get my wingman to help me destroy certain targets? First mission was the Silkworm sites, but no matter what I tried to tell my wingman to do, be it engage ground targets, air defenses, mission objective etc, he wouldn't do anything.

At the end I barely completed the mission, with no bombs left, and like 50 gun rounds for the last target, which thankfully hit. My wingman flew back to base with a full bomb load.

One question, might be in regards to wingman AI in general:

How can I get my wingman to help me destroy certain targets? First mission was the Silkworm sites, but no matter what I tried to tell my wingman to do, be it engage ground targets, air defenses, mission objective etc, he wouldn't do anything.

At the end I barely completed the mission, with no bombs left, and like 50 gun rounds for the last target, which thankfully hit. My wingman flew back to base with a full bomb load.

This is weird. For me I did the following:

- Ask "Complete mission objective and return to formation" when on WP1 flying towards WP2 - the idiot guns it for WP3 with full burners at 500ft AGL but doesn't drop anything

- When I saw him turn around with full ordinance, I asked him to "Engage ground targets" (the pilot says "Targets of opportunity") - he engaged the Silkworm sites but only hit 2, he was dropping them in pairs

- He rejoined but of course with all his stupid low-level full-AB flying, he was out of gas so I sent him to the tanker

It could be that the AI does not consider the targets at WP2 as mission targets, but I would refrain from comments as I am not familiar with the mission editor (and the creator already did an impressive job with the level of detail & complexity in each missions I've played so far). I will say this, it is definitely the hardest campaign I've played with the Hornet so far. Plenty of easier options out there if your skill level is not up to the challenge just yet.

At least this left me with 6 targets instead of 8. I changed my loadout on the carrier because I don't find it particularly fun to dive-bomb in CCIP with a modern plane, instead I had a Litening pod and 8 GBU-12s. Since you can bomb from 30,000ft fuel consumption stays low, I managed all 6 targets and flew back to the carrier without AAR. Close call but manageable, I had 2000lbs left once on the deck. IMHO the loadout for mission 1 is adding to the difficulty ; could be on purpose though, but I find that dive-bombing and canon passes are more suited for A10s and Vietnam-era planes. Definitely if you go up, then dive, then up again and repeat for 8 targets, you will be out of gas very very quickly even with 3 drop-tanks.

- Ask "Complete mission objective and return to formation" when on WP1 flying towards WP2 - the idiot guns it for WP3 with full burners at 500ft AGL but doesn't drop anything

- When I saw him turn around with full ordinance, I asked him to "Engage ground targets" (the pilot says "Targets of opportunity") - he engaged the Silkworm sites but only hit 2, he was dropping them in pairs

- He rejoined but of course with all his stupid low-level full-AB flying, he was out of gas so I sent him to the tanker

It could be that the AI does not consider the targets at WP2 as mission targets, but I would refrain from comments as I am not familiar with the mission editor (and the creator already did an impressive job with the level of detail & complexity in each missions I've played so far). I will say this, it is definitely the hardest campaign I've played with the Hornet so far. Plenty of easier options out there if your skill level is not up to the challenge just yet.

At least this left me with 6 targets instead of 8. I changed my loadout on the carrier because I don't find it particularly fun to dive-bomb in CCIP with a modern plane, instead I had a Litening pod and 8 GBU-12s. Since you can bomb from 30,000ft fuel consumption stays low, I managed all 6 targets and flew back to the carrier without AAR. Close call but manageable, I had 2000lbs left once on the deck. IMHO the loadout for mission 1 is adding to the difficulty ; could be on purpose though, but I find that dive-bombing and canon passes are more suited for A10s and Vietnam-era planes. Definitely if you go up, then dive, then up again and repeat for 8 targets, you will be out of gas very very quickly even with 3 drop-tanks.

Thank you for your feedback. This campaign was created a while ago when the Hornet did not have all the latest toys it does now. Players are free to change load outs as they require In the rearm menu.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yea, my wingman said bingo fuel at some point, so I asked him to RTB. Later he ejected anyway.

Landed back at the carrier after destroying the 8 targets with the original load-out having around 3,000 in fuel, so was good in that regard

On mission 2 when I got close to the attack waypoint, I was told JTAC had popped red smoke, and targets was there. Found the red smoke, but there was no tanks in sight anywhere.

After looking around for a short while, I got mission complete RTB. None in my flight had dropped a single weapon, so not sure what happened there. Found some burning wrecks of something in a nearby town, maybe something else took them out somehow.

Also the TCN frequency in the briefing, and the one the carrier uses has a mismatch (73x vs 74x)

On mission 2 when I got close to the attack waypoint, I was told JTAC had popped red smoke, and targets was there. Found the red smoke, but there was no tanks in sight anywhere.

After looking around for a short while, I got mission complete RTB. None in my flight had dropped a single weapon, so not sure what happened there. Found some burning wrecks of something in a nearby town, maybe something else took them out somehow.

Also the TCN frequency in the briefing, and the one the carrier uses has a mismatch (73x vs 74x)

I am using the latest SC version.

Same problem I had with no tanks anywhere to be seen.

Also I am not getting any comms from my wingman despite using the correct radio and Chanel.

Thanks for anything you can do to assist Flo.

Intel i7 8700K @ 5Ghz, Aorus Z370 Gaming5, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3000MHz, Nvidia 3080Ti FE, Samsung 970 NVME, Samsung 512GB EVO SSD x 2, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Rudder Pedals, HP Reverb G2, Windows 11 x64, DCS Modules = FC3, A10c Warthog, F14 Tomcat, F18 Hornet, F16 Viper, Persian Gulf, Syria.

I am using the latest SC version.

Same problem I had with no tanks anywhere to be seen.

Also I am not getting any comms from my wingman despite using the correct radio and Chanel.

Thanks for anything you can do to assist Flo.

New version released to FIX Mission2 AV8Bs attacking tanks. Hadn’t noticed a radio issue. Check the ME please for FlightComms as I cant get near my PC today and let me know.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]