A-10C Advanced Aircraft Training Qualification

With respect to Part B of the Tactical Training Campaign.

I've seen what happens when ED tries to give an ETA and the results aren't good if you miss the estimate. :(

We are working on the missions and want to complete them as soon as we can, but we also don't want to rush the delivery and have to deal with bugs and other issues (and we don't want our customers to have to deal with them either). :thumbup:

One caveat we do have is that the mission has to be able to be completed successfully. If I can't complete the mission then it goes back for further tweaking and refinement. Sometimes I'm the worst enemy to an early release. :mad:

It's a delicate balance between realism, mission editor limitations and play ability to make them fun, exciting and at the same time achievable.

I suggest subscribing to our Blog as we will be announcing any updates there (hopefully soon) :smilewink:

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

Thanks Neil but i already own that campaign from Maple Flag, i was asking about the latest release which focuses more on engagements and tactical planning in the hog. So far only part A is available for download.

My apologies, I completely missed that.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Well done and nice shooting!

I noticed you were using the night hud (amber) instead of the day hud (green).

Do you find that better?

I picked that up from a tutorial, and yes it seems to help. Great missions, thanks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MB GIGABYTE | GA-Z68XP-UD3P Z68 R __ VGA XFX | HD-695X-ZNFC HD6950 1G R

PSU CORSAIR | 750W CMPSU-750TXV2 R __ CPU INTEL|CORE I7 2600K 3.4G 8M R

MEM 16G|GSKILL F3-10666CL9D-8GBSR __ HDD 1T|WD WD10EARX SATA6G 64M %

MNTR ASUS|LCD 23" 2MS VH236H RT __ Xbox 360 USB Gamepad

If you're going through hell, keep going. ~ Winston Churchill

Campaigns AFT02...I was trying to fly AFT02 today but there was no tanker in the air. I was flying towards WP4 and tryed to contact tanker...but there was no radio for it..also TACAN was not beeping and compass needel was gone crazy (rolling all over the place). I made another attempt but still no tanker channel or TACAN. I looked miz file and if I looked right (I don't no nothing about mission editor) it will start at air time 0:00:00....but rendevouz should be time 22:23:00.

Am I missing something or is there error on file or does latest update broke something?

Btw..I finally manage to pass thru first refuel mission..joystick.gif

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HP Z420 | Xeon E5-1650 @3.20GHz/3.70Ghz | 16Gb DDR3-1333 | ZOTAC GTX 980 Ti AMP! | Micron RealSSD C400 256Gb | Sound Blaster Z | TrackIR4 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog| CH Pro pedals | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Hmmm..I'm sure that I have latest version because in my first mission and both trainings I needed to use ch 251.Also I bought this campaign 09/24 and U have updated it 09/22...but I check when I get home.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HP Z420 | Xeon E5-1650 @3.20GHz/3.70Ghz | 16Gb DDR3-1333 | ZOTAC GTX 980 Ti AMP! | Micron RealSSD C400 256Gb | Sound Blaster Z | TrackIR4 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog| CH Pro pedals | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

I checked that version was ok at my first install...but I reinstalled files and after that I saw that tanker...but I missed WP4 from right (TOT was ok) so I need to fly mission again....sorry that I bother you with this.

At my first attempt I didn't notice that I need to turn to right when rolling out of parking area so I missed right fly starting position at ramp...I started from later place at airfield...could that make that tanker didn't showed up...well no need to know...now it's working?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

I finally manage to end AAT10 with Q- and got end text for AAT campaign but campaing stayed in active state. Was that error in campaign or should I end AAT10 better than Q-?

I know I can edit logbook.lua to end this campaign but just wanted to know am I wrong or right...better sayed can I edit lua file without feeling I'm cheating on this..:blush:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Do you recall what your score was? A Q- rating should have given you a score of 75 so the campaign should have advanced and because there is no other missions after AAT10 it should have ended.

Sorry I can't explain why it didn't end for you. I checked the goals in the latest version (1.4) and that's what it should have done.

I'll retest it and see if I can reproduce your result. We are refactoring the missions and will make an update if I can find the problem.

• 4 months later...

The latest version of DCS World 1.2.16.37730 broke one of the triggers we use to test for Flare deployment in AFT05 - Illumination Flare Employment.

We have fixed that issue and at the same time updated the maps and diagrams and adjusted the briefing text so it no longer gets truncated.

You can download the updated copies here (note you need to install both Part A and Part B for the campaign to work properly):

A-10C Advanced Aircraft Training Qualification Part A

A-10C Advanced Aircraft Training Qualification Part B

We also updated the practice mission package for this campaign available here.

Your existing mission keys can be used to install these updated packages.

Please contact us at mapleflagmissions@gmail.com if you have any issues.

• 5 years later...

Hi guys.

Well I can’t get past the first mission.

TOT isn’t working. Each time in input 07:23.00 for the tanker RV I’m always late, regardless of what my hud says I need to fly yo be on time. I tried twice & each time it got me there well over a minute late.

Also the TOT to wypt 2 requires you to either do an unscheduled circuit of the airfield on takeoff, much to the annoyance Of the instructor or fly at virtual stall speed while zig zagging around the sky.

Any ideas??

• 5 months later...