Great achievement! Stuck prop no longer creates abnormal pitch yaw oscillations.

Bravoooo! After almost a decade of discussions, the flight model developers for prop planes have finally understood (don't know after which update they have corrected this nonsense) that a stopped propeller cannot create any gyro effects when it's stopped! The P-factor will still definitely generate some random combination of side and vertical lift (depends in which position the prop stopped, the blade pitch angle and the actual plane's IAS), but even that should be merely indistinguishable by the pilot. Having gyro precession effects on a stopped prop though, and even greater than when it was actually spinning..., and even much greater when you would've also taken your flaps out! I decided to just keep my words for all of those anomalies, but you have finally fixed it and this matters a lot!

Thank you very much for fixing that!

Good knowledge and common sense make the absurd run for defense.

Flying has always been a great interest for mankind, yet learning everything about it brought the greatest challenge!

Well,

after all this years, and whenever I return to DCS - only for the ww2 props and the uh-1h - I remember those discussions, as well as the one I had with Yo-Yo regarding a "weird" effect of downwash under high x-wind takeoffs where the aircraft during the initial takeoff roll can actually call for rudder into the wind and aileron away from the wind - the kind of stuff I would never imagine could be realistic...

Yet, after having come across some pilot descriptions and even a scientific ( aerodynamics ) paper I started reconsidering it and giving Yo-Yo the credit he really deserves.

OTOH, I am just a glider pilot IRL, grounded for ages now with Covid... so, who am I to say it is or isn't correctly modelled ...

Edited by jcomm

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

Just tested it, At high power low speed flaps out and gear up nose is doing circles.

Really? Copy that! So that stupid crap is still happening! There is no other simulator (especially not in reality) in which a prop plane starts wobbling in pitch/yaw if the controls are not changed, no matter the lift devices, speed, AoA. Any oscillation that can occur due to a sharp change of conditions should be naturally damped in less than 2-3 more oscillations, but not perpetuate or self-excite as I understand that it still happens!

I was only curious (after quite a while of testing props in this DCS) if the abnormal gyro effects still occur when the propeller is standing still and from my tests that got fixed, but by what you say, those old dumb oscillations (since P-51 came in DCS) are still present when the prop is normally spinning but you have the flaps out and you fly at a bit higher AoA and high power! Sad!

Flying has always been a great interest for mankind, yet learning everything about it brought the greatest challenge!

Well,

after all this years, and whenever I return to DCS - only for the ww2 props and the uh-1h - I remember those discussions, as well as the one I had with Yo-Yo regarding a "weird" effect of downwash under high x-wind takeoffs where the aircraft during the initial takeoff roll can actually call for rudder into the wind and aileron away from the wind - the kind of stuff I would never imagine could be realistic...

Yet, after having come across some pilot descriptions and even a scientific ( aerodynamics ) paper I started reconsidering it and giving Yo-Yo the credit he really deserves.

OTOH, I am just a glider pilot IRL, grounded for ages now with Covid... so, who am I to say it is or isn't correctly modelled ...

Hello again Jcomm and I'm happy to hear you again! Could you please share that scientific paper with us too as a reminder? Sorry, but I don't understand the conditions that you've used in your example! So, if you have a crosswind, say from the right, you couldn't normally get a rightward yawing moment by the use of rudder and that you couldn't bank away from the wind? Normally, the AoA on the vertical stab+rudder should automatically yaw you somewhat rightwards (more or less depending on prop torque) as well as having a bit of uncommanded left roll (even for zero dihedral).

Many thanks!

Hello again Jcomm and I'm happy to hear you again! Could you please share that scientific paper with us too as a reminder? Sorry, but I don't understand the conditions that you've used in your example! So, if you have a crosswind, say from the right, you couldn't normally get a rightward yawing moment by the use of rudder and that you couldn't bank away from the wind? Normally, the AoA on the vertical stab+rudder should automatically yaw you somewhat rightwards (more or less depending on prop torque) as well as having a bit of uncommanded left roll (even for zero dihedral).

Many thanks!

Hi 85t_Maverik, please check your PMs.

Unfortunately some of the links are no good :-( so I'll to find the original texts somewhere else.

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

I'm also almost 100% certain they did not, because I haven't noticed any differences whatsoever. The OP must've had a placebo experience.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.