Update to latest version

Royraiden

Very simple question guys , I had ingored the prompts to update DCS World to the latest version and now that I want to update the pop up doesnt come up when I start the exe., is there another way to get the sim up to date?

By the way, I started to get blue screens when trying to fly the Mustang since 2 or 3 days ago, they can occur on the menu or after I've played for 30 minutes.Doesnt happen on Cliffs of Dover so I doubt it is a problem on my system.

Edited by Royraiden

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Go in to DCS_updater properties and change goal line to ---> amics\DCS World\bin\DCS_updater.exe" update

That will change the updater to update every time you doubleclick on DCS_updater.

Or you could just use the Start Menu shortcut.

Start Menu>All Programs>Eagle Dynamics>DCS World>Update DCS World

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...
Or you could just use the Start Menu shortcut.

Start Menu>All Programs>Eagle Dynamics>DCS World>Update DCS World

I am also new and my DCS P-51 is installed in both my Steam and Saved Games folders. The above suggestions do not work for me.

I get the following but don't know how to find the auto updater and Module Manager.

The "link" takes me to DCS World that doesn't have a download button.

vose.jpg

I've done searches and opened every folder associated with DCS but can't find those things.

Any help would be appeciated.

Thanks

I am also new and my DCS P-51 is installed in both my Steam and Saved Games folders.

The above suggestions do not work for me.

The Steam DCS:World version keeps it's self and registered modules up to date as long as Steam/Library/DCS World/Properties/Updates/Automatic Updates is left as the default "Always keep this game up to date"

I get the following but don't know how to find the auto updater and Module Manager.

These features are only available in the standalone version (as Steam performs the same function), which is why you cannot find them.

You can check the Steam version in the GUI - 1.2.6 update 2 is 1.2.6.18933.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

The Steam DCS:World version keeps it's self and registered modules up to date as long as Steam/Library/DCS World/Properties/Updates/Automatic Updates is left as the default "Always keep this game up to date"

These features are only available in the standalone version (as Steam performs the same function), which is why you cannot find them.

You can check the Steam version in the GUI - 1.2.6 update 2 is 1.2.6.18933.

Thank you Ramsay for the explanation. Yes, I left automatic updates on.

Yes, I am at Version 1.2.6 18933.

But what fixes were made by the update ?

In my SteamApps/common/DCSWorld/Doc is a DCS World Changelog showing changes up to Version 1.2.4.

Again, thanks for helping me !