Is it realy done?

Tailstrike

Robert, if you're not happy with what we're saying here, just not come check this one anymore and spend more time in other " weather, ATC " sections of this great forum.

This one was made by a Huey lover like me, who know ( even if you say it's not possible, some people are very good of noticing those small details, that you won't notice, you, the real pilot " Hero " lol ... )

We all know you're the god here and you think your posts are like the voice of god, but we don't care anymore, there are also other real professionals like Huggy Bear or PilotMi8 that are really nice and not such " boring " or attacking ( your " pathological nitpicker " idea, I hate that ).

Please let's say us whatever we want to, I personally was waiting for an answer from EB-1 or Krebs or anyone related to Belsimtek, not a guy who is constantly fighting with each other, to prove their way to autorotate is better than the other's, to prove that 3D esthetically and mechanical side is useless etc etc ...

Hueyman

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPL(A)IR ME/SEP/MEP/SET - CPL(H)

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like your attitude Robert. And I don't think you even know what nitpicking can be with that kind of products. And apart from that, you don't understand how the whole thing works - requiring Belsimtek to work on ATC ? Weather ? Are you serious ? What they have to do with the core mechanics of DCS ? They are developing the UH-1, nothing more, nothing less.

I require true representation of function, this includes the modular nature of both pedestal, and overhead panel, lack of it cough my eye, and I called on that, and you call me a pathological nitpicker ? Seriously dude, you need to calm the **** down.

Yes, pathological nitpickers for sure. There has to be someone to give a reality check. And ofcourse Belsimtek has nothing to do with the core mechanics of DCS, I'm just saying people should have higher priority issues to 'complain' about apart from the most awesome heli-sim ever.

Robert, if you're not happy with what we're saying here, just not come check this one anymore and spend more time in other " weather, ATC " sections of this great forum.

This one was made by a Huey lover like me, who know ( even if you say it's not possible, some people are very good of noticing those small details, that you won't notice, you, the real pilot " Hero " lol ... )

We all know you're the god here and you think your posts are like the voice of god, but we don't care anymore, there are also other real professionals like Huggy Bear or PilotMi8 that are really nice and not such " boring " or attacking ( your " pathological nitpicker " idea, I hate that ).

Please let's say us whatever we want to, I personally was waiting for an answer from EB-1 or Krebs or anyone related to Belsimtek, not a guy who is constantly fighting with each other, to prove their way to autorotate is better than the other's, to prove that 3D esthetically and mechanical side is useless etc etc ...

Hueyman

Lol, this just made my day. Awesome!

Instead of learning something, just continue with your life... lol. I'm not constantly fighting. I'm honest and direct. Most people can't handle that. Can't blame them... but at least I worry more about realism than people nitpicking about rivets.

Really, try to learn from it instead of feeling offended.

I'm not offended at all, just tired to see such statements. I never authorized me, from the past, of doing such comments about other people you even don't know out of their posts or pseudo...

We are not in an engineering sim ? We are ! As it's said above, flying is also pure engineering marvel... But you, you aren't in your US airbase, you're in an international forum, full of novice, newbie, rookie whatever you call them, with the same passion for aviation, realism etc etc, even if they never ever took control of a real aircraft ...

I'm only 18, already PPL(A) and should start, if I success, my Army heli pilot course next year. Even if I succeed and reach huge amount of flying hours ( a great old friend of mine, who did Algeria, has more than 18 500 hours in so many machines that I can't count them, so I know who are the real heroes and veterans, how they look like etc, and they certainly aren't constantly ranting on " beginners " ... ), even if I reach what I call a " dream career ", I would NEVER act like you are doing mate.

We love flight simming, we love the Huey, so we WANT those details Tailstrike nicely explained on page 1 be sorted out. Eventually, we want you be a tad more quiet here that would be nice instead of creating one new page per day because you hate " crazy nitpickers "

Thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Exactly my point msalama!

Belsimtek did such a great job at creating this awesome Huey model, and then you STILL have these imo freaks that nitpick about rivets. That really bothers me.

If you worry about that much details, throw away your PC and fly a real Huey, for crying out loud.

I'm not offended at all, just tired to see such statements. I never authorized me, from the past, of doing such comments about other people you even don't know out of their posts or pseudo...

We are not in an engineering sim ? We are ! As it's said above, flying is also pure engineering marvel... But you, you aren't in your US airbase, you're in an international forum, full of novice, newbie, rookie whatever you call them, with the same passion for aviation, realism etc etc, even if they never ever took control of a real aircraft ...

I'm only 18, already PPL(A) and should start, if I success, my Army heli pilot course next year. Even if I succeed and reach huge amount of flying hours ( a great old friend of mine, who did Algeria, has more than 18 500 hours in so many machines that I can't count them, so I know who are the real heroes and veterans, how they look like etc, and they certainly aren't constantly ranting on " beginners " ... ), even if I reach what I call a " dream career ", I would NEVER act like you are doing mate.

We love flight simming, we love the Huey, so we WANT those details Tailstrike nicely explained on page 1 be sorted out. Eventually, we want you be a tad more quiet here that would be nice instead of creating one new page per day because you hate " crazy nitpickers "

Thanks

Believe me... with that nitpick attitude... you'll never make it as a military aviator because it just proves you cant set your priorities straight. Good luck anyway.

If the rivets are out of place or missing it would be great to have them fixed, but not at the expense of other features or upcoming aircraft. Its all a balancing game for Belsimtek to decide if these rivets are worth the time/expense to punch.

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

The funny thing in this thread is, how people rush to defend Belsimtek.

But nobody attacks them at all!

They made a great sim, everybody here thinks that. Just that somebody has found minor points to make it even better. What's the big deal about it?

IMHO defending Belsimtek in this way makes this little inaccuracity much larger than it was in the first place.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Well... take a look at the thread title.... look at the tone in the opening post... people debating if its worth a lousy 50 bucks with the present deficiencies, all the nonsense insignificant nitpicks put together, no wonder some people step up and act in defence of this model.

if its worth a lousy 50 bucks with the present deficiencies

Yup. Nitpick all you want, but to claim that the finest virtual helo ever made isn't worth $50 because some completely insignificant details may be lacking is nothing but sheer idiocy.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

I never raised the 50 buck argument, I could have buy this one 5 or 500 $, I don't care.

Some visual stuff just has to be changed as the too high pitch or too backward canted rotor mast... The space between blade grips and blade is yes, really " nit picking ", as no one can see it except if focusing on it.

And Robert, don't judge people you don't know, my priorities in life are so well defined you can't imagine so ... mmmm up

Thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OMG!!! The rotor masted is canted backward 1 degree too much! OMG, look at the rotor blades, the pitch is way off! Lol... Who gives a flying ****, the thing flies and handles really well and it looks better than anything else on the market, most likely even better then a multi million dollar actual Huey simulator.

Nitpicking.

Priorities.

If you want something fixed about the Huey, discuss how easy the Huey gets in a settling with power situation. Not at what angle the blades are. You couldn't even see that in real life with the blades turning.

And an 18 year old kiddo with SO well defined priorities in life... I nearly pissed my pants lol.

While I'm with everybody wanting the visual model to be correct, I do all my flying from inside the pit. Perfectly (down to the rivets) exact would be good for a picture or a static model for your desk, I'm far more concerned about how it flys and that the game is stable. I also understand people like to make movies with dcs and while I do enjoy them I think people are missing the point of a simulator.

I've been more active in this sub forum because there wasn't flaming wars in every thread, I love making all you guys missions and tutorials because I know they're appreciated, but to take the fact that somebody pointed out some visual problems to this level is unnecessary IMHO. He pointed out a problem that Belsimtek will get to eventuality I'm sure but it doesn't affect the game play, nor the flight model, nor the ability to blow stuff up. :thumbup:

Edited by wess24m

I can't say that "having brough this on myself" I'm feeling any particular pain.

I'll pass on your observations (that while physically possible, and seen on existing Hueys, the representation of panels used to cover the center console as it currently exist in the DCS.Huey doesn't conform with 'official' guidelines for the US millitary - leaving aside the question of whether forcing this standard on every country that actually used the huey - and those that didn't - is necessarily more realistic or less), but I still come back to my original position - that I'd rather have this model :

attachment.php?attachmentid=81766&d=1368667371

and a good flight model than a photo-realistic model & the flight model of some competitors products...

Cheers.

I can't say that "having brough this on myself" I'm feeling any particular pain.
Didn't meant that in any other way, than to say, that our back-and-forward was probably distracting both of us from our daily routine. Other things could be achieved during that time.

Everyone have their priorities, and Belsimtek is free to do anything we write here about, or not, it's up to them. But inaccuracies will be called out whenever found, that's the way flight sim communities work - it's all about virtual representation of those machines, inside and out, static and dynamic. It's developers job to figure out which have higher priorities and assign resources accordingly.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"If a place needs helicopters, it's probably not worth visiting." - Nick Lappos

Didn't meant that in any other way, than to say, that our back-and-forward was probably distracting both of us from our daily routine. Other things could be achieved during that time.

Everyone have their priorities, and Belsimtek is free to do anything we write here about, or not, it's up to them. But inaccuracies will be called out whenever found, that's the way flight sim communities work - it's all about virtual representation of those machines, inside and out, static and dynamic. It's developers job to figure out which have higher priorities and assign resources accordingly.

:)

Very true.

I will pass on your comments (if they haven't already been noted)

Cheers.

@ robertnegentienhonderddrieentachtig, ........dude!

You've made your statement for now and do not fall in repetition!

Snap out of it and stop talk condescending, grossly and asocial to people who discus matter to give their contribution in a positive

meant starting point with the confidence that people of BST, ED and DCS will take in consideration!

(already updated the FM), (already replied to what was stated!).....

Okay!..... So that is cleared!

The one and only "nitpicker" is obvious you who lives in a illusion counting what bothers you!

Your tone setting is what i think absurd, inappropriate and vulgar, perhaps it has to do something with your education!

If you are so happy then don't download the final product and updates and stick with the first beta version and

remain in illusions for ever!

In my point of view you do not have the mental capacity to judge people! Your behavior is like an adolescent, grow up!

If you have constructive criticism for the subject, please do reply civilly in a substantiated maner, otherwise *******.

take that into consideration .......

Now back to the subject gentlemen and robrt,

Got nice little pictures,

An example how it is done in 3DSMax !!!

Source: http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/3d-model-boeing-ah-64d-apache-longbow/642300

I am aware about the billion polygons count etc... for simulation but it looks nice.

@ Sundowner.pl

By the way Solidworks evolved gigantically over a period of time. (it is not 2003 anymore)

Thanks for your contributions!

-TailStrike-

Apache_th003.jpgb5f936b1-2289-490f-a940-7e07fe71f328Large.jpg.6ae6c86dd79deefb52ac49eefec8dcca.jpg

Apache_th004.jpg678ddab2-5a1e-44af-9ca5-9bf224e1bc4aLarge.jpg.420ffa1caa690a3ee7f283052a62b1f3.jpg

@ Sundowner.pl

By the way Solidworks evolved gigantically over a period of time. (it is not 2003 anymore)

I know, I stopped using it at version... 2011sp2 I think. Much of the complex shape modeling was addressed in... 2007 ? To late for the project I had problems with though. Now I'm cracking the Autodesk Inventor, just can't afford the Solidworks anymore to just mess around, I'm not employed as mechanical engineer at this moment.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"If a place needs helicopters, it's probably not worth visiting." - Nick Lappos

wow guys...whats going on here?

This is a game...so enjoy it....as you may like it most ;) :joystick:

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

@ robertnegentienhonderddrieentachtig, ........dude!

You've made your statement for now and do not fall in repetition!

Snap out of it and stop talk condescending, grossly and asocial to people who discus matter to give their contribution in a positive

meant starting point with the confidence that people of BST, ED and DCS will take in consideration!

(already updated the FM), (already replied to what was stated!).....

Okay!..... So that is cleared!

The one and only "nitpicker" is obvious you who lives in a illusion counting what bothers you!

Your tone setting is what i think absurd, inappropriate and vulgar, perhaps it has to do something with your education!

If you are so happy then don't download the final product and updates and stick with the first beta version and

remain in illusions for ever!

In my point of view you do not have the mental capacity to judge people! Your behavior is like an adolescent, grow up!

If you have constructive criticism for the subject, please do reply civilly in a substantiated maner, otherwise *******.

take that into consideration .......

Now back to the subject gentlemen and robrt,

Got nice little pictures,

An example how it is done in 3DSMax !!!

Source: http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/3d-model-boeing-ah-64d-apache-longbow/642300

I am aware about the billion polygons count etc... for simulation but it looks nice.

@ Sundowner.pl

Thanks for your contributions!

-TailStrike-

Lol. Pretty funny.

I thought I was being civilized when calling these nitpickers in this thread unhealthy. Can't bring it anymore civil than that, cuz you don't want to know what I really think :)

Don't worry about my mental capabilities, they well above average. Maybe explains some of the arrogance. :)