[REPORTED]UN Mission 14 Bug

After dropping Walker off on the top of the roof and flying away he proceeds to clear that building. He then states he has spotted something nearby and is going to investigate. Unfortunately the AI then bugs out and just stands there. I have check a YT video and they are supposed to confirm large amount of enemies and move away but they dont do that.

After dropping Walker off on the top of the roof and flying away he proceeds to clear that building. He then states he has spotted something nearby and is going to investigate. Unfortunately the AI then bugs out and just stands there. I have check a YT video and they are supposed to confirm large amount of enemies and move away but they dont do that.

Can confirm this bug. I was just playing this mission tonight on the latest OB build of the game.

Bug still present. Playing now, stuck in same spot :(

This video shows what's supposed to happen next:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff93gSKhKm8

This mission also suffers from bugs related to enemies on rooftops (reported elsewhere I recall) where the soldiers often drop off the roof to the ground below.

I’m having the exact same issue the OP is having. Soldiers just stand there staring at nearby building. Every now and then wingman Huey lobs some bullets at a random small house near the large building that we landed on top of but no enemies appear to be by the small building. The campaign is just frozen here.

Ok tested the mission and it actually doesnt progress as far as it used to now. After killing the 2 AI on the apartment building Walker used to prompt me to land on it - this trigger is no longer happening. What i can say though is that I did land with no issues on the building and didnt go through it.

I am running the latest version of non-Beta 2.5. I am able to land on top of the building but the dead guys and my helicopter seem to think the roof is about 18 inches higher than it really is. Last night I was thinking about it and I’m wondering if the infantry guys are running to the proper building but are getting scared away by my wing man’s preemptive gunfire. So they run to the north and just stand there and stare at the wrong building. It’s as if my wing man is firing too soon in the script Before the infantry has a chance to discover the cache of weapons.

update: So I shot down my wing man at the base before takeoff to get them out of the way. Then I proceeded with the mission on my own. Once walker group came out of the high rise they started moving south but the turned around and ran north to stare at the other building again indefinitely. I have no idea what's going on but this mission is bugged. Does anyone know how to skip a mission so that I can keep playing the campaign?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I found the issue with mission 14 (Aurora) of Huey Campaign "UN-Pilot". WALKER squad (group woker) has to be near the rebel house to trigger next action. However, I don't know why, they don't go near enough of the house to enter into the zone (Sklad) even the waypoint is well in the zone. So I changed size of the zone SKlad from 49 ft to 130 ft (15 m to 40 m). That fixed the issue.

Edited by Flyingfrog

Hello,

I found the issue with mission 14 (Aurora) of Huey Campaign "UN-Pilot". WALKER squad (group woker) has to be near the rebel house to trigger next action. However, I don't know why, they don't go near enough of the house to enter into the zone (Sklad) even the waypoint is well in the zone. So I changed size (from 49 to 130) of zone Sklad. That fixed the issue.

Awesome! I’ll try that. How do you edit that zone in the campaign?

Awesome! I’ll try that. How do you edit that zone in the campaign?

Before making any change, make sure to backup the mission "\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Uh-1H\Missions\Campaigns\UN-Pilot_14.miz"

From DCS - Mission Editor, clic on menu button of Zone listing. Then from the Zone list, click on Sklad. On top right, change radius from 49 to 130. Save and you're done.

Easy change. Hope this help.

PS. I also found how to fix the issue with Mission 12 about your wigman firing on vehicules. On waypoint 4 your wigman has an action to attack the group "Karavan". Simply desactivate that action.

Before making any change, make sure to backup the mission "\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Uh-1H\Missions\Campaigns\UN-Pilot_14.miz"

From DCS - Mission Editor, clic on menu button of Zone listing. Then from the Zone list, click on Sklad. On top right, change radius from 49 to 130. Save and you're done.

PS. I also found how to fix the issue with Mission 12 about your wigman firing on vehicules. On waypoint 4 your wigman has an action to attack the group "Karavan". Simply desactivate that action.

Well that totally did the trick. Thank you! That was frustrating and I really wanted to complete the mission. It was a good one. Thank you so much!!!

Well that totally did the trick. Thank you! That was frustrating and I really wanted to complete the mission. It was a good one. Thank you so much!!!

Great, happy to read this. Was a pleasure. Hope ED will fix UN-Pilot missions 12 and 14 on next update.

Thanks heaps for the solution will try it tonight!

• 11 months later...

Its frustrating that this mission has now even more bugs. Im trying to complete the mission and I have to make modifications on every step. I don't know why they are not interested in fixing it. Maybe they think not many people get that far on the campaingn???

Im about the give up and the mission looks so cool 😢

Edited by gabrielete

• 3 months later...