Chain Home Radar Mod

SUNTSAG

I believe I fixed that in the previous update. Same applies here Patriot should be fine to place. :thumbup:

Yes, you are right, it was me that was still using the initial version of your Mod. Now it works perfect, I even made a Static Template to make it easier to add them into existing missions. It requires your Mod and ED's Assets Pack.

As the Static Templates cant save trigger zones (that I use for naming places), I've included a .miz to show what sites are on the template, the location info was taken from wikipedia:

http://www.anti-aircraft.co.uk/chain_home_map.html

Best regards

PS: Had to zip the Static Template, as the Forum's attachment system doesnt accept the extension :(

Normandy - Blue - Home Chain Radar Sites.zip

Normandy - Blue - Home Chain Radar Site.miz

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Hi All,

attachment.php?attachmentid=167969&stc=1&d=1503568835

Chain Home Radar Mod by the BFVG

So what's in our latest WWII pack that is 1.57 OpenBeta & 2.1 NTTR + Normandy compatible......

Contents:

• Transmitter Tower.

• Receiver Tower.

• Control Centre Bunkers x2.

• Nissen Hut.

• RDF Station Building.

• Sandbag Emplacement.

• Chain Home Radar Script based upon Steggles original EWRS Script.

• Sound Files x2.

*Note You will find all the items INCLUDING THE BUILDINGS listed under "AIR Defence" in the ME.

Everything you will need to build your own fully functioning Chain Home radar Station. By using the script provided, you will be able to request a picture in flight via the F10 menu and the radar will feed back bandit information. The original script is not mine and a big shout out goes to Steggles for the original EWRS script.

I have included sound files that will also need to be loaded via the mission editor. When the script first starts you will hear a radio mike switch and when you ask for a picture, you will hear a very short message from your GCI. If you don't wish to hear them, simply do not include the sound files in the ME during your build. For the script to function, you will require a copy of the excellent Mist and CTLD:

MIST: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616&highlight=ctld

CTLD: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=143107

Download Pack Here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eOjJVBrJgqymSc-kzc4PkP0ILJL4g0wM/view?usp=sharing Revised link(9th August 2018)

Activating the Mod:

Simply download and extract the mod folder (WW2 RDF Radar Station)and then place it in your relevant saved games folder relating to the version of DCS you are running: Users/YOUR NAME/Saved Games/DCS VERSION/Mods/Tech.

Now Save the .miz file in your missions folder and you can save the ScriptNSounds folder anywhere you wish.

Refer to the rdf.miz file included as an example, regarding the use of the Chain Home Radar Script in the Mission Editor. The script will only report bandit information if the Transmitter towers are intact/not destroyed, thus adding an interesting dimension to WWII mission objectives; from BOTH SIDES perspective. We hope you enjoy.

** Important Note we have used data from the Patriot Radar to enable the mod to function with the script. Remove the Mod from the tech folder if you wish to return to a modern scenario and see the patriot radar in game rather than our transmitter tower.**

Update: 3rd January 2018:

The Mod can now function without the need for a script. Simply download the attached lua file and replace the one in the current mod with it. You will need to assign a radio channel in the ME to receive the broadcast messages. Just remember to tune your radio in pit.

Cheers

The BFVG (British Fighting Vehicle Group)

SUNTSAG (Callsign: Naked)

Mithandra (Callsign: Specter)

I'm not understanding the update, exactly what is the name of the file I should be replacing with this new lua file? Thanks TC

Win 10 Pro 64bit | Half X F/T Case | Corsair 1200AT ps | Asus ROG Maximums XIII Extreme | I9 11900K Clocked@4200 | Nepton 240 W/C | 64GB DDR4-3600 Gskill Mem | Asus 3080 gpu/8gb | SB-Z audio | Asus 32" 1440 Monitor | Winwing Super Tauras/Super Libra | Crosswind R/P | Track-ir-5 |

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on 2.5.4. I installed the mod following the instructions in the Youtube film. I get the radio click and the message that Chain Home is "manned". I also have the F10 menu in comms. But I never get any BRA call. Is it an issue with the latest version of DCS or am I missing something?

I haven't tried the old version of the mod in the latest update not since I upgraded the mod on the 3rd January. I use the latest version. Cheers

My bad. I was trying to use the new version in the old way. Works now. Thanks .

• 7 months later...

Can one help me step by step to set this up. Thanks

X-Plane 11.5x / DCS 2.5.6 / P3Dv5 / Aerofly FS 2 / War Thunder

Win10-x64 | ASUS Z390 Maximus VI | Intel i7-9700K @3.6GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 2TB M2 PCI 4x | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift S

Can one help me step by step to set this up. Thanks

MN90KMu_caE

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Best for servers ?

I have noticed you have more than one mod for the chain home radar. I run a casual server and would like to know which of your mods would be best to run on it. Their are quit a few low tech gentlemen that fly on my server and I would like to implement a chain home mod that requires the minimum amount of effort on the client side. Which do you recommend for this effort ? I have tried this mod https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4386449#post4386449 with success, only with a computer savoy user. Thanks for the help and I truely love your work. Keep it up !

• 2 years later...