A-10C AI

Hovis

I spend quite a bit of time in the A-10C, and there are a few rules which I have accepted are laws of nature when it comes to flying the Hog:

1. In a merge, you're nose ain't gonna stay above the horizon

2. Even if you jettison everything that airspeed indicator isn't going to go above 280 in a merge (and you're trying to live)

3. An angry pilot with a pistol in a crop duster could give you a fair run for your money when it comes to maintaining turns

Now I just set up a little mission in the PG map, some smoke, some tanks, two flights of A-10s attacking and lil ol me defending the tanks in a fishbed.

Those A-10s were pulling 6Gs easily, following through loops and pursuing me at 400 knots, with 30mm cannon hits at extremely long range... without jettisoning anything.

No matter which way I went about it they made me in my supersonic interceptor cry like a child

The AI flies on a substantially downgraded flight model and has near godlike situational awareness and aim -> if they fly on the enemy side. Friendly AI on the other hand ...

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

Problems with enemy AI is hardly a new topic here. They are godlike in all modules! Users have been moaning for a long time now.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box