DCSW Airfield diagrams -Beta Release

shu77

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just printed it off at work - many thanks Shu. It looks GREAT!!

+1 REP

Edited by MadDogMcQ

PC SPECS :

* Intel i7 920 @ 4Ghz | P6T Deluxe V2 | 32Gb DDR RAM | GTX 1070i OC 8 Gb | H50 Water Cooler | Velociraptor 150Gb | Samsung SATA II 1Tb and Samsung 860PRO 512| Prolite 1080p 24" | Logitech G-19 | TM Twin MFD's | TM Warthog | TIR 5 (soon) | Windows 7/64 | My PC | My Blog | My Bikes

Just printed it off at work - many thanks Shu. It looks GREAT!!

+1 REP

I'm just waiting for the new airport to be added, and then I'll print it out too.

It's a must-have document, just added to my dcs-must-have list :thumbup:

L'important n'est pas de tuer, mais de survivre.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

if you read this you are too curious

OK Beslan added to first post.

Not a lot to see there yet, so will revisit later.

There are taxiway markers, though the textures seem to be off, as both the ME and Wikipedia indicate Beslan is RWY 28/10.

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

Correction needed for next version:

Nellis Runways are 3R/L and 21R/L

Tower: 132.55 - 327.0

Elevation: 1870 ft / 569.98 m (Estimated)

Magnetic Variation: 14E

Longitude/Latitude: 115-02-03-3100W/36-14-10-3100N

Rwy 3L/21R: 10123 x 200 ft / 3085.5 x 61.0 m

Rwy 3R/21L: 10055 x 150 ft / 3064.8 x 45.7 m

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Correction needed for next version:

Nellis Runways are 3R/L and 21R/L

Tower: 132.55 - 327.0

Elevation: 1870 ft / 569.98 m (Estimated)

Magnetic Variation: 14E

Longitude/Latitude: 115-02-03-3100W/36-14-10-3100N

Rwy 3L/21R: 10123 x 200 ft / 3085.5 x 61.0 m

Rwy 3R/21L: 10055 x 150 ft / 3064.8 x 45.7 m

Hi Thanks for the feedback, but just to cover, are you working off the Game engine or RL?

There are a couple subtle differences in airfield width/length in particular and also radio frequency, which I suspect is particularly WIP on the Nevada map.

Similarly for consistency reference point is typically placed off the location given by the Mission editor.

I referenced a copy of the actual Nellis approach plate for object placement and debated covering the differences, but figured at the end of the day the airfield is what the game says it is. So if you tune to 132.55 you're unlikely to get the tower. I know my lengths are a little off on Nevada as I didnt allow for the dropshort, which was something I was planning to catch, but would need to check the rest with you.

You will also find a number of differences between the airfields and the real ICAO charts most notably that every FC2 airfield is 60 meters wide regardless of what the real field is (I'm assuming it was an engine limitation at the time of design, as Soganlug for example is now very much wider than 60m)

Edited by shu77

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

cw1.png

RL....

But, if the map is in-fact 10 degrees off, and the elevations are incorrect, then this needs to be fixed by luckybob prior to final release - for sure. The same 10 degrees accounts for your 4 degrees of magnetic deviation versus 14. As for the RF(s), this needs to be corrected as well - by ED at the very least. If this sim is going to pride itself on fidelity and acuracy, then we need to go all the way .... no half steps.

Keep up the good work!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nice job indeed!

If this can help you, you should have a look there: http://aviadocs.net/AIP/aip/ad/ad2/

Have a look at the "rus" directory, you'll find good informations, especially for the way IAC are drawn for russian users.

Enjoy

[url=http://aviadocs.net/AIP/aip/ad/ad2/][/url]

System Configuration: Windows 10 64bits, Intel I5-3570K, 8Go DDR3-1333Mhz, GeForce GTX 560Ti LE

DCS-FC3 Version 1.5.3

RL....

But, if the map is in-fact 10 degrees off, and the elevations are incorrect, then this needs to be fixed by luckybob prior to final release - for sure. The same 10 degrees accounts for your 4 degrees of magnetic deviation versus 14. As for the RF(s), this needs to be corrected as well - by ED at the very least. If this sim is going to pride itself on fidelity and acuracy, then we need to go all the way .... no half steps.

Keep up the good work!

Lets see where the next beta puts airfield layouts and go from there, as I figure these guys are still working on a lot of this.

• Like 1

cw1.png

Great resources, thanks.

However i have a question, I'm making a mission flying out of Krasnodar Centre Military Base, according to you diagram for this base the Tower is on 122.0Mhz. But i seem unable to contact them.

Is this the frequency i need to use? If so which is the best radio to use and how.. as i seem to be failing to contact tower. (in the same mission i'm able to talk to the JTAC)

Do i need the ADF OTR or ADF INR frequencies for anything?

I'm a little at sea with the different radios to use for what. Thanks

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4

Great resources, thanks.

However i have a question, I'm making a mission flying out of Krasnodar Centre Military Base, according to you diagram for this base the Tower is on 122.0Mhz. But i seem unable to contact them.

Is this the frequency i need to use? If so which is the best radio to use and how.. as i seem to be failing to contact tower. (in the same mission i'm able to talk to the JTAC)

Do i need the ADF OTR or ADF INR frequencies for anything?

I'm a little at sea with the different radios to use for what. Thanks

I'll let someone more qualified than me answer your question, but as I am learning at the mooment, there is a lot to learn wrt the radios. You need to make sure you have both the correct radio, frequency, intercom and Mic switch set accordingly if you are using 'hard' comms:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=61144

If you are able to contact other towers ok and it is just that airfield that you cannot contact, it's possible that it is a WIP issue and nothing else. There's still a lot of work to be done on the radios imo.

HTH

Make sure you are under APU or Engine Power, not just Battery Power. For Krasnodar Tower, 122.0 should be the VHF AM radio on the top of the 3 radios.

Set right side rotary switch to TR

Set the left rotary switch to MAN

Set left most frequency dial to 12

Set next dial to the right of that to 2

The freq dials to the right of the 2 should be set to 0

The frequency window should now read 122.0

The radio is now set and all you need to do is hit the MIC SWITCH FWD to activate the VHF AM radio. This should bring up the radio interface.

The next level is to set multiple frequencies in that radio by rotating the channel preset wheel that is on the bottom of that radio, and hitting the LOAD button after each frequency that radio is set up for. Once they are all loaded to a channel preset, then you can switch the left rotary switch from MAN to PRE. Now you can cycle thru the channels you loaded by just rotating the channel preset wheel and activating the MIC SWITCH FWD.

All three radios can be set up like this, the only tricky part is the middle radio (UHF) has the LOAD button hidden under a flip up panel in the top left corner of that radio.

Great and exceptional work! I really appreciate this very much! Thank you.

Found an error: OCHKHAMURI REGIONAL AIRPORT, ELEV in page header is 1492, on map ELEV is 33. Maybe copy and paste error.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog :: Saitek Rudder :: Track IR5 ::

EVGA 3 GB GTX580 :: AMD FX-8120 :: SSD 240 GB :: Win7 Ultimate 64

Warrior: do you have to press and hold the mic switch to bring up the radio interface?

No Sir, just one good press.

In Beta2 Nellis ATC is 140.00 MHz AM, Groom Lake is 142.00 MHz AM. I would guess that they also respond on the appropriately matched UHF frequencies but haven't tested that.

Still not right.......

See: http://www.globalair.com/airport/nellis_afb/lsv.aspx

Note effective dates:

FAA Data valid effective 2010-September-23 until 2010-November-18 (unless otherwise noted).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Still not right.......

See: http://www.globalair.com/airport/nellis_afb/lsv.aspx

Note effective dates:

FAA Data valid effective 2010-September-23 until 2010-November-18 (unless otherwise noted).

I doubt they'll be updating the beta with whatever this weeks frequency is. If it's 140 in game, that's the value that should be on the charts. Remember, "Not for real navigation". :)

• Like 1