Tacview, the ACMI for DCS World – Official Thread

Vyrtuoz

Yep, works fine. :thumbup:

How to set it up? I see icon in the reght corner that is saying that tac view is recording...but after flight i dont see anything recorded? Do i need to specify that it is fcs open alpha somewhere in settings?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

How to set it up? I see icon in the reght corner that is saying that tac view is recording...but after flight i dont see anything recorded? Do i need to specify that it is fcs open alpha somewhere in settings?

It worked straight out of the box for me, no setup required. Check that the Tacview is not placing the files in a different folder than you expect :D. You can specify the folder by clicking the 2nd icon from the left, top of the screen.

If that doesn't help, check the online documentation, there's a procedure in case Tacview doesn't record.

http://tacview.strasoftware.com/documentation/dcs/en/

It worked straight out of the box for me, no setup required. Check that the Tacview is not placing the files in a different folder than you expect :D. You can specify the folder by clicking the 2nd icon from the left, top of the screen.

If that doesn't help, check the online documentation, there's a procedure in case Tacview doesn't record.

http://tacview.strasoftware.com/documentation/dcs/en/

Ok i ll check when i get home.. do you have to save replay in dcs to get taview to export to acmi file? Or is it done automatically?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

Then, why do certain servers *cough*104th*cough* block tacview??

I think it's relatively easy to write a program that gives BRAA to all nearby enemies utilizing export scripts. They don't block just Tacview but the whole system of exporting data from the game to prevent this.

DCS Finland: Suomalainen DCS yhteisö -- Finnish DCS community

--------------------------------------------------

SF Squadron

• 2 weeks later...

This kind of data is not yet available. You have a good point! I’m adding this to my todo list ;)

In any version, is it possible to capture/export/graph skid, or adverse yaw?

I'd like to track the coordination of turns, for example.

• Like 1
tacview-signature-512x128x24.png

I think it will be possible to add this kind of information within the new Tacview 2.0 data exporter.

Ok..to add this wuestion..can you add fuel state of wingman so i can check reason for them reporting ejection when there is no apparent reason to do so?

Vyrtouz,

Would it be possible to add a method of having a key/Hotas button add an event marker/bookmark in a tac view recording while it's being created?

I'm thinking, for example, if using such a feature to mark simulated weapon releases etc when flying training missions.

If it is possible, it'd be exceptionally useful if it could be done in such a way that we could have more than one type of marker, with custom names using different key commands as chosen by the user.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Yes and no :)

I had the same idea at some point and this feature is already supported by Tacview script. However, it is currently limited by the fact that DCS export script can only capture official aircraft interactions. In other words, it is not yet possible to directly capture HOTAS interactions.

I have planned to improve this with Tacview 2.0 exporter which should have access to much more data.

Meanwhile if you are flying the MiG-21, you are lucky because bookmarks are exported when you are turning on and off the aircraft flight recorder. And you can dynamically inject bookmarks by touching the CANOPY_anti_ice device.

If you are flying other aircrafts, feel free to experiment by changing Tacview script, just have a look atACMIRecording and ACMIBookmark variables. For example, I already thought about connecting the Huey hook release to ACMIBookmark.

• 2 weeks later...

I think releasing a flare can mark that point just fine eddy. vyrtuoz, any fix for the wrong IAS problem?

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

looking forward to it, btw, xp10??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

I think the information is already available even if it is not very clear yet:

11.27,1,MiG-29S Fulcrum-C,Allies,Vyrtuoz,[color="RoyalBlue"]HasFired[/color],1,4,[color="royalblue"]Parachutist[/color],Allies,,,,,

You should find it as a “HasFired” “Parachutist” in the xml and csv event logs. I will make if clearer in Tacview 2.0.

Is this working for you or did you find a case where the ejection has not been properly detected?