Can't assign Joystick Slider as Throttle

LtMacGowan

As the topic states I just bought the MiG 15 and unlike every other aircraft I own I can't get the slider on my joystick to control the throttle. In the controls section there is "Thrust" which is controlled by page down/up, and when i hit Axis or whatever, there is a Throttle section and Joy_slider is assigned to it, but I'll be damned if it does anything.

I slide the joystick slider up and down and nothing but the second i hit page down the throttle responds. How can I get the joystick slider to control the throttle? I mean i use a joystick for a reason and having to use page down/up while dogfighting is really annoying.

If u r not able to assign it via Axiz assign option, then I dont think u will be able to assign it.

Other option is before launching the game, Go to usb game controllers and open the properties and keep the window open. Then launch and try.

i can't imagine that the publisher decided that you can use the joystick slider in every other one of their aircraft but the mig 15, and i went into axis, cleared the joy_slider for thrust, and added it manually and still nothing. in the standard controls its labelled as "throttle" when i click the logitech 3d box next to keyboard there is no option for joy_slider just joystick buttons, when i go into the axis, there is no throttle option, just "thrust" ive manually added it, and ive pulled up/down on the slider to auto detect it and still it does nothing to control the throttle. its rendered the game all but unplayable.

please there has to be some way to use the slider like every other aircraft model made for dcs as the throttle control.

I did what the 2nd person suggested I left the control panel properties of my joystick open (don't know what that was supposed to accomplish) but it did nothing. I tried clearing all the default keyboard settings for "Throttle" and cleared the axis "Joy_Slider" for "Thrust" and re did them. I can only use Joy_Slider for Thrust, not for "Throttle" and nothing i do allows me to control the throttle with my joystick's slider and yes the slider works perfectly on every other plane i own for DCS.

Wait, let's back up a little, 'cause what you write is getting confusing. There is no "throttle" function anywhere in MiG-15 controls, neither sim nor game ones. Only "thrust" and it should be possible to assign to any axis easily.

I've noticed your similar problem with Mi-8 was caused by using game flight model, did you check if switching to simulation mode fixed the MiG as well?

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

sorry i didn't update the thread. switching the game back to simulation settings solved the issue. the joystick slider now controls the throttle, however, that being said i can assure you that under the game settings there are 2 distinct categories 1 being throttle, and the other being thrust.

thanks for the assistance but i have to say i am getting slightly annoyed at my controls and settings being "adjusted" whenever i update or add packages. e.g. i bought dcs f-15c and had my own custom controls set but when i bought flaming cliffs 3 with a bundle it reset all my controls. which is what happened here i updated and bought some new packages and viola my settings had been overridden and making me look like a total n00b.