Vote for the OH-58D for president !

Shadow KT

Vote for the OH-58D for president !  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the OH-58D for president !

• Yes !
    • Yaaaaaaaas !

Maybe that Kiowa crew did do that...maybe not? I'm pretty certain there's a VERY similar story of an OH-6 scout crew doing this to a VC during the Vietnam war. It's been years since I read it, but it's still my favorite book. And as much as I hate these "wish threads"...yes, I want the OH-58. There. I helped.

Link to the book here: https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/115018/low-level-hell-by-hugh-l-mills-jr/9780891417194/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The poster put it out there, so it is open to the ridicule that it deserves.

Yes, I hope Belsimtek builds this.

I am guessing you meant Polychop

Longbow is a better choice.

I guess you haven't read, that an AH-6 or an AH-64 (or the AH-1Z) will not be possible as it is mostly classified. It has been said many times, over and over and over again.

Same as the F-16 won't be coming either in the near years (due to other reasons of course).

I involved the F-16, as if I was to take a chance, I would say that you are one of those people who keep asking about the same thing over and over again :music_whistling:

Better choice for the first DCS scout ? I don't think so

I'd rather get UH-60 ;) But I would be happy for you guys if you got Kiowa!

Yeah, we all wanna fly over Mogadishu ( as I mentioned in the OP ), but not get shot down. Maybe one day.

A very capable recon chopper that deserves to be in DCS.

Not the most manoeuvrable, but a very desirable machine

Most importantly, it has the capability to work directly with fixed wing aircraft, aiding them in precision striking :)

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

I highly doubt that.

I also doubt it.

But Polychop will mature and have shown real promise!

I think they could be the first door less chopper with skull movement befitting such a chopper.

Belsimtek are more experienced and have bigger game to skin!

Belsimtek make rock solid sims, they do not push boundaries like this machine deserves.

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

• 1 month later...
Wow a compound one sided poll. Geeze what should my choice be here?

The OH-58 is just one of those choppers that deserves a one sided Poll.

Without doubt though, her systems must be thoroughly modelled!

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Wow a compound one sided poll. Geeze what should my choice be here?

Ah, it seems like another user who just saw the thread and thought they are very clever and offended by it. Try reading trough the first page at least next time :thumbup:

There was a FB pole a while ago, and as I have no FB, I wanted to bring awareness to this helicopter and what it can do for DCS.

Nobody is making you vote. I am not a polychop member of any kind so I can make what ever poll I want (which in this case, has no meaning, but to express my views for the helicopter and anyone else who supports it)

This is not an official vote for anything and I don't know why people think it is. It clearly is an OH-58 thread......

:doh:

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

• 9 months later...

As it is it's the #1 module I'm waiting for. (Possibly excluding Afghanistan but you can't fly Afghanistan.)

Perhaps a bit similar to the gazelle but the mast mounted sensors give it unique capabilities. Also flew it briefly in Longbow 2 and liked it quite a bit. Shooting behind hills and cooperating with other aircraft is pretty far out for today's DCS. I hope the proper datalinks will be at least easily user moddable.

SA-342 Ka-50 Mi-8 AJS-37 F-18 M2000C AV-8B-N/A Mig-15bis CA --- How to learn DCS

• 1 month later...
As it is it's the #1 module I'm waiting for. (Possibly excluding Afghanistan but you can't fly Afghanistan.)

Perhaps a bit similar to the gazelle but the mast mounted sensors give it unique capabilities. Also flew it briefly in Longbow 2 and liked it quite a bit. Shooting behind hills and cooperating with other aircraft is pretty far out for today's DCS. I hope the proper datalinks will be at least easily user moddable.

But you CAN fly the OH58 IN Afghanistan, when the Afghan map comes out in a couple years.

I remember Banshee flight supporting us Canadians in Afghanistan in 2008... they were incredible and went way above and beyond for us.

I’d also like to use this platform for FAC, as you can lase with the ball. If we get a platform with hellfire, we could do buddy lasing with that as well. Imagine a Kiowa lasing for Cobra or Apache, or even other Kiowas - all in a radar threat environment where UAVs or A10C AFACs couldn’t survive.

Edited by Sandman1330

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2