DCS: Mi-8MTV-2

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really, calling about strict.......

What kind of place you work then? Can't imagine it being civillian.

Where i work i am allowed to take pictures, but i should ask permission before making them public.

(some bright fella posted pictures of a lightning strike on face book.......)

Talking about work, i'm due to head over there in a couple minute's, cant wait. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

Navy Air Base :smilewink:

Although I can do pictures outside of my work area if I get permission, would do some of the Mi-8 MTV-1 and Mi-14, but the maintenance hangar is one big construction site at this moment. And don't have time to bother people on the flight line.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"If a place needs helicopters, it's probably not worth visiting." - Nick Lappos

I will buy it, but I'm rather ambivalent toward the Mi-8. Would rather like the Mi-14 with SAR and ASW missions, or any other helicopter really.

I don't work on those helicopters, I sort of did during my internship. They don't really allow an intern to do anything on his own, so it was sort of a prolonged introduction to mechanics and maintenance procedures mainly on airframe structure, avionics (navigation, data recording), sensors and weapon system. Don't think a civilian can get into an internship like that anymore though, it was in times when base commander was the undisputed ruler ;) It's different these days.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's still the military, so one would have to ask either in the Navy Command, or in Aviation Brigade headquarters, can't deal with such things locally anymore.

Just found the internship practice book, some of the activities sound more awesome then they were:

Testing of ESBR-49AW, USRB-1, KWSB-48A and KSB drop switch with UKBW-49M
^ at this point my professor gave up and approved the whole thing, without asking me what the "Kalmar" is, and what was I actually doing with the bomb racks :megalol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well it's easy to ditch the flight engineer. My organization flies with crew chiefs in the doors but no flight engineer. The pilots, however....well you have to have two bodies up there because neither seat can reach all the switches that are required for startup and flight. But just the ability to switch seats will take care of that, and the Huey already has that so it stands to reason that this module will do the same.

well you have to have two bodies up there because neither seat can reach all the switches that are required for startup and flight. But just the ability to switch seats will take care of that, and the Huey already has that so it stands to reason that this module will do the same.

That will be a very interesting start-up.

:joystick: YouTube :pilotfly:

TimeKilla on Flight Sims over at YouTube.