PointCTRL - Finger Mounted VR Controller

Yep go for it.

I’m in the UK if that makes any difference.

I fly for at least 15 hours a week. I have a pretty comprehensive VR sim setup and I have been involved in flight simming for the past 20 years.

Also have good understanding of hardware, software and human/computer interfaces.

Cheers D

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

FireCat, add me too the release version list,

Love to help with the beta version, but,

to be fair, I'm not sure I'll have much spare time until February.

CPU = Intel i7-6700K

Motherboard = ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero Alpha, w/ the Intel Z170 Chipset,

RAM = 64 Gigs of Ripjaws V F4-3400C16Q.

GPU = Zotac GTX980ti Amp Extreme

Hard-drive = Samsung V-NAD SSD 950 PRO M.2

@Miles

Thou I'm on the list but currently don't have the money to join the initial rollout, can I make a request?

A "promo" video of the device in use.

So basically just you using it normally in DCS. Will help me motivate the need for this device, to my SO ;-)

Hopefully it will reach the rest of the community as well :-)

A part of NOSIG

Hi Deano87 are you interested in the Initial roll-out list do you want to be added?

wolle will add you and any others on a daily basis until miles tells me to stop. (I have no idea of the type of timeline for the list. It could be days or weeks so I will update daily.)

Initial roll-out list update.

Deano87

FireCat

FZG_Immel

heloguy

javelina1

pgh2atl

wolle

I can be on the initial purchase/rollout as well. I do have every module except for MiGs. Am a Rift user with Pimax 5K+ backer (3,000'ish) so I should have the Pimax for testing in Feb or so.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Hi, hansangb you're added.

Initial roll-out list as requested by MilesD #266 post. Please read his post before requesting to be added to this list as there is also a release version list which those who have already requested are on.

Initial roll-out list

D

Deano87

F

FireCat

FZG_Immel

H

hansangb

heloguy

J

javelina1

P

pgh2atl

R

Ratcatcher

V

VirusAM

W

webweaver40

wolle

Edited by FireCat

I’m still interested in initial roll out testing btw. - missing from above list.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

I agree to be on the first roll out list as well...thanks

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Hi, hansangb you're added.

Initial roll-out list as requested by MilesD #266 post. Please read his post before requesting to be added to this list as there is also a release version list which those who have already requested are on.

Please add us to the initial roll out list. Happy to help initial testing.

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.

@ Deano87, Good question. The buttons can be configured to your preference. Since we don't use the center mouse press in DCS much, I have that configured the farthest back button, as well as a long press to activate it, Short press is the radio menu. Mouse wheel is also emulated with center button hold followed by forward or aft for mouse wheel up or down respectively. I am stil working on the UI for user options.

Update: Its been a few years since I used my 3d printer so it took me all day to get it working again. I am printing the FCU enclosure as I write this. I could not find the black ABS so the first prints are in white. The Black ABS will be here Monday.

If the production molds are holding things up for the "slow roll" I will ship with the 3D printed enclosures and then ship the production enclosures for replacement of the 3D printed ones. Thanks for the list, I think we have what we need for now. It was very helpful to get an idea for the initial production.

I have cleared out my message box so if any of the early posters to this thread would like to be on the "slow roll out" drop me a PM. If all tech questions could be asked in the forum that would be helpful. If one person is asking, I am sure others have the same question.

As always, thank you to everyone for your support on this project.

I feel its getting close.

Miles

Now shipping up to website Pre-Order Form date 2022/03/10

Pre-Order  Form Submission https://pointctrl.com/preorder-form/

PointCTRL Support Discord https://discord.gg/jH5FktJ

PintCTRL Website https://pointctrl.com/

PointCTRLsmall.jpg

Update: First proof of concept print, I will CNC mill the front and rear endcaps from sheet ABS tomorrow. The 3D printer does not do well on thin flat parts.

20181229_234345_resized.thumb.jpg.8417e0dfe993ddaaf3e008ad7bf697fe.jpg

Edited by MilesD

Now shipping up to website Pre-Order Form date 2022/03/10

Pre-Order  Form Submission https://pointctrl.com/preorder-form/

PointCTRL Support Discord https://discord.gg/jH5FktJ

PintCTRL Website https://pointctrl.com/

PointCTRLsmall.jpg

Great progress :D I don't have the time to be in the test group but for sure I'll buy the release version.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

_____________Semper paratus, In hoc signo vinces________________

PC: Intel i7-8700K (4.9 GHz), Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 MB, Gigabyte RTX 3080, 32 GB DDR3 (3,2 GHz), Samsung EVO 860 M.2 500 GB SSD + Samsung 960 M.2 250 GB SSD Gaming: Virpil T-50 CM2, TM WH Throttle, Crosswind pedals, HP Reverb

Update: First proof of concept print, I will CNC mill the front and rear endcaps from sheet ABS tomorrow. The 3D printer does not do well on thin flat parts.

I'll take functional over pretty any day. Keep up the good work.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Cool, thanks for the explanation miles! Exciting stuff!

Proud owner of: