Su-27 autopilot?

Hi!

Another noob question. So I press "a" and the plane starts rolling left. After disabling autopilot the plane cannot fly straight anymore. It will be unstable. Am I using the autopilot wrong?:helpsmilie:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Planes fly, birds fly, you wont for long!

i5 4460, GTX 760 1.5GB, Windows 10, 1TB Hybrid HDD, 8GB DDR3, 500W Power Supply, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, TrackIR 5, Firefight H01, Macs Tungsten 500 Pro and a standard Acer mouse.

Hi!

Another noob question. So I press "a" and the plane starts rolling left. After disabling autopilot the plane cannot fly straight anymore. It will be unstable. Am I using the autopilot wrong?:helpsmilie:

The autopilot uses the trim to control the plane's control surfaces. If you disengage the autopilot in the middle of a maneuver, the trim will be very offset which is why you can't fly straight anymore. It's best to wait until your attitude is stable before disengaging the autopilot. By stable, I mean your bank and pitch and yaw are no longer changing. So you could be in a 30 degree bank but your attitude (not to be confused with altitude) is stable.

The autopilot is not only "a". It has different settings like hold altidute and others.

Should read the manual. It helped me.

What goes up, must come down !

Intel Core i7-8700, 16 GB-RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060, 6 GB GDDR5, 1TB HDD, 500 GB 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD, Windows 10/64, A10-C, Rhino X55, Persian Golf, F/A-18 Hornet

You can also press and hold the fire button in order to override the AP (works for all AP modes) temporarily while maneuvering, and then let go of the fire button to let the AP re-engage. Might be better than turning the AP on/off fully all the time. Just make sure you're aware that the same fire button might also pickle a missile or fire the gun when you're locking someone up while flying with AP on. ;)

Edited by rrohde

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Ah, okay. I was stupid. Even more stupid now when I noticed this was in fact FC1 and 2 section, not FC3. My mistake.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Planes fly, birds fly, you wont for long!

i5 4460, GTX 760 1.5GB, Windows 10, 1TB Hybrid HDD, 8GB DDR3, 500W Power Supply, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, TrackIR 5, Firefight H01, Macs Tungsten 500 Pro and a standard Acer mouse.