Which HOTAS?

As I said before, I totally love the Warthog, but I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the X65. Think of it, one of the most manufactured jet fighters currently in service features a force sensing stick. If the concept sucked so much, we'd see Vipers falling out of the sky on a daily basis.

Regarding the actual hardware, I've read a lot of praise about the X65 from its owners. Not as much as Warthog praise from its respective owners, so I'd call the X65 the underdog. But I see no reason to call it an inferior product on a such a level as you seem to do, especially since you say you've never used it.

I dont dismiss the quality of it as I dont know a lot about it. I am not saying force sensing is a bad technology either but it's only on the viper.

If the only aircraft I was to fly was a viper I would still have a hog because its a replica of the f16 stick.

My bias from the saitek was only based on his criteria. Firstly, if he was flying the f18 then I dont see how the stick is preferable over the f16/A10 stick and secondly as he is an a10 pilot then I really dont see the sense in getting the stick that is not an exact replica of what he currently flies.

Other than that I am happy with the five saiteks products I have owned and if the OP had different criteria I might have suggested the saitek - if it was cheaper :)

I dont dismiss the quality of it as I dont know a lot about it. I am not saying force sensing is a bad technology either but it's only on the viper.

If the only aircraft I was to fly was a viper I would still have a hog because its a replica of the f16 stick.

My bias from the saitek was only based on his criteria. Firstly, if he was flying the f18 then I dont see how the stick is preferable over the f16/A10 stick and secondly as he is an a10 pilot then I really dont see the sense in getting the stick that is not an exact replica of what he currently flies.

Other than that I am happy with the five saiteks products I have owned and if the OP had different criteria I might have suggested the saitek - if it was cheaper :)

Yeah, + also I read that initally the F-16 stick was completely motionless, but they made it move a bit because the pilots just couln't work with it. I do like the idea of having the TM WH already mapped out, AND the lift detent for engine off/afterburner, AND a nice 2 stage trigger for PAC1 - PAC2 stabilisation.

And honestly, I'm looking to buy this stick very soon; we don't even have a release date for F/A-18C yet, so I feel I should by the WH and make the most out of A10C, then just make a smooth transition (with hopefull little re-mapping) to the F/A-18C :)