Issue with the IR Mavs

jetstorm96

Hi guys, I could be totally wrong here - but I think there is an issue with the IR Mavs.

I always used the method of finding the target on the TDC - un-caging the the so it focused on where my TDC was - then as I got within firing range to tap the TDC slew down key until it got its lock.

Doing this now appears to unslave the Maverick and its a really hard thing to fight just to get the crosshairs back on target so it will lock.

Is this normal? Has something changed because I swear pressing the TDC down as per all guides indicate would not un slave the MAV

Cheers

tap the TDC slew down key until it got its lock.

Cheers

Are you sure your not confusing TDC aft with TDC Down

Pressing TDC aft would cause the Mav to look elsewhere as you describe. Pressing TDC Down (Action position) (Default key N) should lock the target if its within parameters.

• 1 month later...

I have been having problems with IR maverick (AGM65D) in the Harrier. Will not lock on once uncaged....sensor select fwd...tdc select...nothing. Move sensor head around a bit....shakes all over, still no lock. Is it a desert and temperature thing targeting vehicles against a desert background in higher air temps? Will try in Caucasus map..but still not sure if will solve.