DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone

Ciribob

It’s been a year or so since I last used srs. I was watching/reading something recently that said that srs automatically configured to the server if the server is setup for that once dcs connects is that for most servers now or is it sparsely available?

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

It’s been a year or so since I last used srs. I was watching/reading something recently that said that srs automatically configured to the server if the server is setup for that once dcs connects is that for most servers now or is it sparsely available?
It's done that for years but the recent change is if you haven't opened SRS, it'll do it for you

Most servers that run SRS have it enabled

Sent from my HD1903 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Thanks last time I used it you had to define the srs server info now it’s automatically done upon connecting dcs

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Request:

Can we get "Radio switch as PTT" enabled by default? It took me an excessive amount of time to get that working because the setting was buried at the bottom of the list and I had to dig through a few setup tutorials to find it. In most modern aircraft (Hornet, Harrier, Viper, Tomcat pilot seat) the COM1/2 switches are individual PTT switches. Needing three switches to operate two radios doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Request:

Can we get "Radio switch as PTT" enabled by default? It took me an excessive amount of time to get that working because the setting was buried at the bottom of the list and I had to dig through a few setup tutorials to find it. In most modern aircraft (Hornet, Harrier, Viper, Tomcat pilot seat) the COM1/2 switches are individual PTT switches. Needing three switches to operate two radios doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Replied on Reddit, counter is any helicopter and non Hotas aircraft doesn't have that.

As I said, can bump the setting up but it's pretty clearly labelled as as the controls say radio switch, and there is a separate ptt, the assumption out of the box should be they do different things

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Cribob: Could we get an option for Radio Switch works as PTT only on that radio? I'm sometimes finding I push radio switch for a non-available radio and end up transmitting on the last selected radio, which isn't necessarily the one I wanted. In other words, if the radio selection fails, shouldn't the PTT fail too, at least as an option?

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

Replied on Reddit, counter is any helicopter and non Hotas aircraft doesn't have that.

As I said, can bump the setting up but it's pretty clearly labelled as as the controls say radio switch, and there is a separate ptt, the assumption out of the box should be they do different things

There should be no assumptions required. When users who are used to modern aircraft where radio switch is PTT by default use the software, they are going to assume that the software functions the same as the aircraft should "out of the box."

There should be no assumptions required. When users who are used to modern aircraft where radio switch is PTT by default use the software, they are going to assume that the software functions the same as the aircraft should "out of the box."
You completely ignored my reply that DCS is not just modern jets... It's helicopters, vintage props and jets which don't work like that so I won't be changing it.

You are also the first person to complain about it since 2016 when SRS was released.

So I think we're just going in circles.

The buttons are labelled as what they actually do so the assumption should be, they do what they say the do and I'm sorry it took you a while to get it working as you like but it's working now :)

Cribob: Could we get an option for Radio Switch works as PTT only on that radio? I'm sometimes finding I push radio switch for a non-available radio and end up transmitting on the last selected radio, which isn't necessarily the one I wanted. In other words, if the radio selection fails, shouldn't the PTT fail too, at least as an option?
When I wrote that function I had a long debate with myself about how it should work and that is possible, just not sure how to name the setting!

Only allow radio switch ptt of radio exists? Bit long :)

If you can think of a better name I'll look at adding it.

You completely ignored my reply that DCS is not just modern jets... It's helicopters, vintage props and jets which don't work like that so I won't be changing it.

You are also the first person to complain about it since 2016 when SRS was released.

So I think we're just going in circles.

The buttons are labelled as what they actually do so the assumption should be, they do what they say the do and I'm sorry it took you a while to get it working as you like but it's working now :)

Could we at least get a short "readme" in the install path that explains what the settings do, then? The lack of out-of-the-box documentation is really the only thing that makes the software clunky from my perspective. It would have solved this PTT issue entirely in about 20 seconds of skimming a readme file, instead of having to fumble through Google to find a setup guide...or worse the 10+ minute "tutorial" videos designed for ad revenue that are so popular these days. Setting names alone are not necessarily self-explanatory. Case in point: The current discussion of naming a setting "PTT if radio valid." Without documentation I wouldn't understand what that setting does just by looking at the name because "valid" could mean any number of things. Same for "Only allow radio switch ptt of radio exists." In what case does a radio not exist? All the modules have radios existing. See what I mean?

Edited by Nealius

Could we at least get a short "readme" in the install path that explains what the settings do, then? The lack of out-of-the-box documentation is really the only thing that makes the software clunky from my perspective. It would have solved this PTT issue entirely in about 20 seconds of skimming a readme file, instead of having to fumble through Google to find a setup guide...or worse the 10+ minute "tutorial" videos designed for ad revenue that are so popular these days. Setting names alone are not necessarily self-explanatory. Case in point: The current discussion of naming a setting "PTT if radio valid." Without documentation I wouldn't understand what that setting does just by looking at the name because "valid" could mean any number of things. Same for "Only allow radio switch ptt of radio exists." In what case does a radio not exist? All the modules have radios existing. See what I mean?
Sure fair comment on documentation as a lot is in release notes so lost over time.

I prefer a wiki to docs inline as people can contribute and there is a help section in SRS with some basic info.

If you're up for it, I can add you as a contributor on the GitHub if you're up for editing the wiki?

Edited by Ciribob

+1

Three settings for radio switch action: Select Radio only. Select Radio and PTT, Select radio and PTT if radio selection is valid. The second one for backward compatibility, although I'm not sure I see the need.

Ptt if radio valid

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

I’ve tried removing all signs of srs except for the auto Updater.exe file shut down completely and tried reinstalling using the autoUpdater.exe I’m trying to bring up the settings page but I’m not able to bring up anything. When in dcs I have the black windows with red and green tent but I’ve never had troubles with srs I. The past I’m not sure what’s wrong or where to look for it. Or where the CFg data is stored on a drive or in the registry.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

I’ve tried removing all signs of srs except for the auto Updater.exe file shut down completely and tried reinstalling using the autoUpdater.exe I’m trying to bring up the settings page but I’m not able to bring up anything. When in dcs I have the black windows with red and green tent but I’ve never had troubles with srs I. The past I’m not sure what’s wrong or where to look for it. Or where the CFg data is stored on a drive or in the registry.
For support please go to Discord, https://discord.gg/Ajzxqxj

Follow #common-issues first post

Simple (and certainly stupid) question. Is it possible to hide the transparent popup telling "No Radio Connected..." when playing offline?

F-16C, M2000C, Persian Gulf

Ryzen 5 3600, RX 5700 XT, 32GB ram, Odyssey HMD+, Home-made TrackHat, X56 Hotas.

Sure fair comment on documentation as a lot is in release notes so lost over time.

I prefer a wiki to docs inline as people can contribute and there is a help section in SRS with some basic info.

If you're up for it, I can add you as a contributor on the GitHub if you're up for editing the wiki?

I could do a bit with that if needed. Wiki sounds good and easily accessible. GitHub is an absolute nightmare to navigate for laymen; it's designed by software engineer brains for software engineer brains.

Simple (and certainly stupid) question. Is it possible to hide the transparent popup telling "No Radio Connected..." when playing offline?

Use <Alt><Shift><Esc> to cycle through the display options, one of which is no-display.

The next time you start DCS it will display automatically again, and if you want to display it again during the same session, simply use <Alt><Shift><Esc> again until you get the display you wish :)

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

I could do a bit with that if needed. Wiki sounds good and easily accessible. GitHub is an absolute nightmare to navigate for laymen; it's designed by software engineer brains for software engineer brains.
GitHub has a built in wiki but it's very easy to use so no worries.

Send me your GitHub username and you can edit then. Thanks!

Use <Alt><Shift><Esc> to cycle through the display options, one of which is no-display.

The next time you start DCS it will display automatically again, and if you want to display it again during the same session, simply use <Alt><Shift><Esc> again until you get the display you wish :)

On my computer it's <Ctrl><Shift><Esc>.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

VA SRS Puzzle

I have NO issue with SRS.

I have NO issue with VA.

I have need to ask if anyone can assist me with what I'm trying to achieve.

I have an issue with keyboard use and found that voice attack employ helps me greatly.

It has a setting somewhere that allows a switch/button on a controller to be activated that instucts the application to "Stop listening"

I have many times tried to set up this effect although up to this point in time without success.

Thank you to the many people that post on the many different forums

methods to do this, but as yet no. I push the chosen control and, voice attack keeps listening.

So, Voice Attack does it for me in flying the aircraft.

All good. SRS came along.

Yeah, this is great, really is. I much prefer SRS over the other options. However.... I would like an opportunity to use VA and SRS at the same time.

I would like to press ingame "PTT" and have SRS "listen" and at the same button push have VA “go deaf"

This I hope will allow me to talk to fellow pielets without suddenly being ejected from the aircraft mid-sentence thanks to VA.

Is this achievable? Is anyone doing this, how did you get to this position?

Can, and this is going to be the difficult part. Can you write out the method to set this up?

I will ask that you take into consideration that you will be instructing an elderly dyslexic.

So for all you CC's out there please don’t reply with "RTFM"

Hello pilots.

I unzipped the file "DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone-1.7.4.0.zip" and I have found a virus in the file "VC_redist.x64.exe".

Have a nice flight!

That is 100% a false positive.... As its the file from Microsoft (and signed)

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

Specifically- https://aka.ms/vs/16/release/vc_redist.x64.exe

Compare the hash to see :)

Edited by Ciribob

VA SRS Puzzle

I have NO issue with SRS.

I have NO issue with VA.

I have need to ask if anyone can assist me with what I'm trying to achieve.

I have an issue with keyboard use and found that voice attack employ helps me greatly.

It has a setting somewhere that allows a switch/button on a controller to be activated that instucts the application to "Stop listening"

I have many times tried to set up this effect although up to this point in time without success.

Thank you to the many people that post on the many different forums

methods to do this, but as yet no. I push the chosen control and, voice attack keeps listening.

So, Voice Attack does it for me in flying the aircraft.

All good. SRS came along.

Yeah, this is great, really is. I much prefer SRS over the other options. However.... I would like an opportunity to use VA and SRS at the same time.

I would like to press ingame "PTT" and have SRS "listen" and at the same button push have VA “go deaf"

This I hope will allow me to talk to fellow pielets without suddenly being ejected from the aircraft mid-sentence thanks to VA.

Is this achievable? Is anyone doing this, how did you get to this position?

Can, and this is going to be the difficult part. Can you write out the method to set this up?

I will ask that you take into consideration that you will be instructing an elderly dyslexic.

So for all you CC's out there please don’t reply with "RTFM"

One for Hollywood (VAICOM) rather than myself (i think?)

Currently SRS has an integration with VAICOM where VAICOM can inhibit the transmission of an SRS transmission when VAICOM is dealing with it.

Enable Allow VAICOM TX Inhibit for this feature to work.

There isnt anything for the other way around - i.e SRS PTT is pressed so VAICOM shouldnt listen but could be done but would need work from Hollywoods side