VR view of A-10C become wired in 2.5.1?

tifafan

well......sorry for my poor english expression

I'm using Windows MR.In 2.5.0,VR view is completely fine.

But in 2.5.1,the default VR View is that make my head backwards about 50cm of a 2.5.0 default View

I know ED has changed the VR view of A-10C.But is that normal??

This is what i see in 2.5.0,nice HUD view.(an example screenshot in non-VR mode)

CCspfDv.jpg

This is what i see in 2.5.1,cant see HUD fullyi0UcOVl.jpg

Edited by tifafan

well......sorry for my poor english expression

I'm using Windows MR.In 2.5.0,VR view is completely fine.

But in 2.5.1,the default VR View is that make my head backwards about 50cm of a 2.5.0 default View

I know ED has changed the VR view of A-10C.But is that normal??

Yes, before the viewpoint was as if your head right directly above the stick (which, sitting in a cockpit, it obviously would not be).

It's been fixed now :thumbup:

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Yes, before the viewpoint was as if your head right directly above the stick (which, sitting in a cockpit, it obviously would not be).

It's been fixed now :thumbup:

But my view in 2.5.0 is completely fine little backwards from the stick(the same in a F-15C).But now it's far too back......

But my view in 2.5.0 is completely fine little backwards from the stick(the same in a F-15C).But now it's far too back......

Use the View Cockpit controls to move it forward then.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Use the View Cockpit controls to move it forward then.

I make a example screenshot of the problem on the main thread...

View Cockpit controls is still fuctional in VR?Haven't tried.I just used the reset VR view button.

But i still think the change is worse....It means i have to change the view for a full HUD view

Edited by tifafan

Yes, this is normal.

Originally the A-10C View was set forward of what it should be to Ensure the Entire HUD was visible among other things, as DCS A-10C 1.1.0 was released in 2010/2011, before VR, and the Original A-10 DTT didnt use trackIR IIRC, so the pilots in training at the desk had to keep everything they could visible.

now that VR is here and TrackIR is Widely Adopted by pretty much everyone. The Viewpoint was moved back to the correct Position to be more authentic,

Realistically the A-10C HUD Overscans the Glass Edges in the normal head position.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

My custom settings in 2.5 release are exactly the same that in 2.5.1 has become default.

I play in VR and yes, to see the upper part of the hud I have to bow a little, but this is the best solution. If you play VR, look at the back of the seat. Your real back should rest on that back. IMHO now it is ok.

Yes, this is normal.

Originally the A-10C View was set forward of what it should be to Ensure the Entire HUD was visible among other things, as DCS A-10C 1.1.0 was released in 2010/2011, before VR, and the Original A-10 DTT didnt use trackIR IIRC, so the pilots in training at the desk had to keep everything they could visible.

now that VR is here and TrackIR is Widely Adopted by pretty much everyone. The Viewpoint was moved back to the correct Position to be more authentic,

Realistically the A-10C HUD Overscans the Glass Edges in the normal head position.

OH NO:cry_2::cry_2:,wish ED provide an option that can switch back to the unauthentic view......

Enable Custom Snap Views:

RCTRL+RSHIFT+NUMPAD / and * to move forward and backwards.

RCTRL+RSHIFT+NUMPAD Up(8 ), Down(2),Left(4), Right(6) to Move Camera Up, Down, Left, Right.

NUMPAD Up(8 ), Down(2) to rotate head up/down

NUMPAD Left(4), Right(6) to rotate head left/right

NUMPAD / and * to Zoom In/Out.

NUMPAD 5 To Reset Position

NUMPAD Enter to Reset Zoom

RALT+NUMPAD0 To Save as Default View/Position for This Aircraft.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

The head is OK, no problem with that. But ED kept the size of the hud : it's too big ! You cannot see the top of the hud, and if you put the seat at the lower position, you cannot see the bottom of the hud, that's a real problem.

I am fine with the head position, a way better, but the hud...

Hardware :

CPU : i7-4470K @ 4.0GHz

MB : MSI Z87-GD65

RAM : 16Go

GPU : nVidia 1080 Ti

twitter : yeepeekai

Uhm...negative not sure where you got your info but I can sit in the pit of a real a-10 with the HUD on and see everything fine.

I get it.

ED only changed the view,in a very very simple way.What they should do is change the scale of HUD at the same time.

This update make A-10C VR gameplay a total disaster.

The issue has nothing to do with the size of the HUD. Looking at the OP screenshots, it's clear that ED forgot to bring the view up.

We used to have the view set too low and too much forward. In 2.5.1, they just fixed the forward position but forgot to fix the height.

At the beginning of each flight, I manually change my view to the correct position and have no problem seeing the entire HUD display.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The issue has nothing to do with the size of the HUD. Looking at the OP screenshots, it's clear that ED forgot to bring the view up.

We used to have the view set too low and too much forward. In 2.5.1, they just fixed the forward position but forgot to fix the height.

At the beginning of each flight, I manually change my view to the correct position and have no problem seeing the entire HUD display.

that screenshot is just an example.In real gameplay,i can only see the buttom of the hud.

I think they move the view back and higher,but forget to change the scale of hud

Weird, I read all the messages here, and I can only say: "EVERYTHING is MUCH better now"

My head position is good, I can even see the heading clearly. I don't have to adust my head position anymore. I can start-up the A-10C from the moment I start a mission..

COOL ED..!!!

Dell XPS 8700: 28" DELL S2817Q 3840pi, i7-4790 3.6 GHz, 16 GB RAM, RTX 2070 Super, Windows 10, SSD 1 TB, HDD 2 TB + 32 GB SSD, TM HOTAS, Oculus Rift S.

Repetition is the Mother of All Skills:matrix:

[sIGPIC]<a href="http://www.flyfighterjet.com/" target="_blank"></a>[/sIGPIC]

Uhm...negative not sure where you got your info but I can sit in the pit of a real a-10 with the HUD on and see everything fine.

Is that with your head forward a little you (see everything) including all the way back on the headrest?

A-10-pilot-interview-706x470.jpg

-

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

This update make A-10C VR gameplay a total disaster.

No it doesn't. It just changed the default head position of the pilot. If you don't like it, change it back and save it to a new "default".

In 2.5.0 and earlier it looked like the control stick was stuffed some place where the sun doesn't shine, and this has been addressed, as it should have been a long time ago.

The entire HUD is indeed not visible if you move your viewpoint to a more realistic position. If in a real A-10 the HUD is not 100% visible at all times it should remain that way. If not, it should be changed.

I'm 6'2" so I would have issues in a real cockpit as well, but that's why the seat height can be adjusted.

The entire A-10 cockpit is overdue for remodelling anyway (same with the Ka-50), to make it more alike the current standard of cockpits where you can see actual bolts and screws for example, and not just a flat low-resolution texture that shows a 2D-view of bolts and screws. That is entirely normal given the age of the module. But since the introduction of DCS 2.x and DS/PBR it looks increasingly out-of-date.

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

So here is how my view is setup ingame. As you can see, the HUD is perfectly fine. Now, looking at the picture David posted, I realize I should bring my head a little more forward, which would even give a better HUD view. Anyway, again my point is: nothing wrong with the HUD itself, all ED has to do now is bring the head position up a little.

Screen_180427_131728.thumb.jpg.eda014abc807415195b2c90d180358c2.jpg

Screen_180427_131149.thumb.jpg.462165c7e3a754ae8d236533dad00cab.jpg

Screen_180427_131142.thumb.jpg.c0e1768b132a0b07aa18ff1302c823cf.jpg

Screen_180427_131733.thumb.jpg.2a9b70583dce1ee217944220e914f2ea.jpg

Edited by Nooch

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've gotten used to programming 'Cockpit Camera Move Forward/ Backward' and 'Seat Adjustment Up/ Down' while in VR in every. single. sortie.

Most everyone else (Track IR or not) were fine with the viewpoint. Some made minor adjustments to snapviews, lua, etc.

I'm enjoying the new adjustment for those in VR! I still use the 'Seat Adjustment Up/ Down' switch between takeoff (up), cruise (middle), and refueling (down). But the default view is just right for me.

i7-8700K / 64GB RAM / ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti / (Win 10 Pro) / Oculus Rift S

No it doesn't. It just changed the default head position of the pilot. If you don't like it, change it back and save it to a new "default".

In 2.5.0 and earlier it looked like the control stick was stuffed some place where the sun doesn't shine, and this has been addressed, as it should have been a long time ago.

The entire HUD is indeed not visible if you move your viewpoint to a more realistic position. If in a real A-10 the HUD is not 100% visible at all times it should remain that way. If not, it should be changed.

I'm 6'2" so I would have issues in a real cockpit as well, but that's why the seat height can be adjusted.

The entire A-10 cockpit is overdue for remodelling anyway (same with the Ka-50), to make it more alike the current standard of cockpits where you can see actual bolts and screws for example, and not just a flat low-resolution texture that shows a 2D-view of bolts and screws. That is entirely normal given the age of the module. But since the introduction of DCS 2.x and DS/PBR it looks increasingly out-of-date.

Yes it does ! the head position is perfect with the 2.5.1 BUT they should have changed the size of the HUD accordingly. The display has to fit in the HUD, you don't have to be above the stick to have a full display of the HUD

Hardware :

Yes it does ! the head position is perfect with the 2.5.1 BUT they should have changed the size of the HUD accordingly. The display has to fit in the HUD, you don't have to be above the stick to have a full display of the HUD

Please read my posts from the previous page and hopefully you will better understand where the problem comes from.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Please read my posts from the previous page and hopefully you will better understand where the problem comes from.

Yes I know I have to move the head at the old position in order to have a full HUD, but this bring our head above the stick wich is not fine. As I told, the head placement is perfect with the 2.5.1 but, as I always said, the HUD should be smaller in order to fit completly.

Just to understand what I am saying : move the pilot's head forward and backward and you will see that the HUD size does not change. Of course, it should not change when you move your real head, but when you place the pilot's head it should be smaller or bigger to fit, OR you will have the ability to change the size of the HUD display.

And I saw in your picture that you don't have the full HUD, there are missing part at right and all the top ;)

Hardware :