New Guy Question FM homing.

OK All easy on new guy.

I have looked and looked in search and you tube and cant find what I'm looking for. Its pretty simple. I am trying to get the understanding of the FM homing for huey. I made an Infantry guy, set frequency FM. and then put my huey like 3 miles away. Dialed in FM freq, turned to home and nothing. ive tried multiple times in different spots different freqs, and nothing the lines stay centered. next I tried a hummv in trees set frequency, then had the EPLRS on. and still heli wont hom in. Please help. I am just trying to pick up 2 infantry in 2 different places. and the helo to home in on them. Please help. Thank you

If you can you use CTLD, I've attached a simply mission for you.

The radio beacon for the first infantry is 30.00 MHz, the radio beacon for the second infantry is 35.00 Mhz, the radio beacon for Kobuleti Airport is 40.00 Mhz.

Bye.

Simple radio beacon .miz

Edited by edokg

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic128931_4.gif[/sIGPIC]

SO:Win10 64bit CPU:Intel i7 8700K@3.7 RAM:DDR4 46GB G.Skill Trident 3200MHz CL14 GPU:Nvidia EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW iCX MB:ASRock Z370 Extreme4 HDD:

512GB Samsung 970 PRO SSD M.2 NVMe + 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD + 2x500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM

OK All easy on new guy.

Its pretty simple. I am trying to get the understanding of the FM homing for huey.

I made an Infantry guy, set frequency FM. and then put my huey like 3 miles away. Dialed in FM freq, turned to home and nothing.

Here is quick example, embark doesn't work, hasn't for a while.

Two infantry on 30 FM and 35 FM, with mission editor homing will not work unless you give it an audio file to play for the beacon, I have included ELT-tone.ogg in mine, can't miss the sound very annoying, will have to turn your volume down on radio in huey.

Regards, Ian

Test - UH-1H radio beacon.miz

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

Are you wanting to home in on something ... in single player or multiplayer ?

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

Man you guys rock, it worked. had to change to put a sound in and remove a flag too. I still don't understand how the time more and flags work. LOL

If you want event 2 to happen 30 seconds after event 1, you assign a "flag on" to event 1, then Time since flag 1 = 30 ->trigger event 2. Not sure about time more, I sometimes use it assigned to "mission start", that saves you a flag, but that's it.

OK guide me. I have a triggered message,(no event---part of group in zone---Sound to all,message to all).

then I want a message chain after that. Do I need to keep going in the last colum with the messages and sounds. Or do they have to be separte events for each unit?

Example.

When Dodge, enters its message zone. message starts from anoter unit, (ford). But I want have it set up like they are talking.

Dodge this is Ford we are at your 3 oclock, hover practice.

Ford this is dodge, I see you we are 5 miles, passing for IP jester.

Dodge this is Ford. Roger that nice little show you guys got going there. Fly safe. Ford out!!

So how is that set up. I can't get it to go.. I set flag on and then flag value 1,1 under the first message. But nothing. I tries after with no flag value and nothing..

• 1 year later...
Are you wanting to home in on something ... in single player or multiplayer ?

Dear Johnny,

I set up a beacon that is working ok only for the guy that serves the mission. Any idea?

My Hardware: ROG Strix X570-F Gaming - AMD 5600X @ 4.7 ghz - G.SKILL TRIDENT 32GB DDR4 3200 (14-14-14-34 CL) - GigaByte 3080ti OC 12gb - Corsair MP600 Force 1TB - 2 x EVO Nvme 500GB - Virpil Warbird Base T-50CM2 and TM Throttle + Trackhat + G25 + AOC AG271QG 27"

My Modules: JF-17, F-16C, AV-8N/A, F-18C, ASJ37, MiG-15Bis, MiG-21Bis, Fw-190D, Bf-109K, P-51D, F-86F, Ka-50 III, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, NS430, FC3, A-10C, Mirage 2000C, L-39, F-5E-3, SA342, Spitfire, AH-64, Mirage F-1CE.

My Maps: Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria, South Atlantic.