April in the land of VEAO - Wall of text inc! - Page 11 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 04-25-2018, 06:24 PM   #101
MikeMikeJuliet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pman View Post
Currently no plans for multicrew in 2.0

It was never an intended feature of Hawk and was something done by a couple of members of the team as a side project. I can not see multicrew making a re-appearance at this stage.

Pman
Thanks for clarifying. I dearly hope it has not been ruled out completely. The point of the whole aircraft is, as a trainer, training. At this point even a rudimentary "dummy cockpit" rear-seat ride capability would be very beneficial. What I am wondering is: if the systems will see a complete recode, why not make it multicrew-compatible from the get-go?

You do you, but I believe a lot of people lose interest in the module if one can't use it for it's primary purpose - regardless of how the aircraft was envisioned to work in DCS at it's inception.

Regards,
MikeMikeJuliet
Old 04-25-2018, 06:32 PM   #102
Pman
3rd Party Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMikeJuliet View Post
Thanks for clarifying. I dearly hope it has not been ruled out completely. The point of the whole aircraft is, as a trainer, training. At this point even a rudimentary "dummy cockpit" rear-seat ride capability would be very beneficial. What I am wondering is: if the systems will see a complete recode, why not make it multicrew-compatible from the get-go?

You do you, but I believe a lot of people lose interest in the module if one can't use it for it's primary purpose - regardless of how the aircraft was envisioned to work in DCS at it's inception.

Regards,
MikeMikeJuliet
We have no experience with the system and the job is large enough with what we already have planned. It would add a considerable amount of time to work this through and through.

I do not see us making any aircraft in the future where the investment in the technology and code base would be used again.

I'm sorry some of you feel disappointed however I have always said to our customers, please look at the product description for what to expect.

Pman

edit: That said, never say never and if the some of the guys wants to put their free time into doing it then no reason why not, but it is not currently on the board.

Last edited by Pman; 04-25-2018 at 06:35 PM.
Pman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 06:39 PM   #103
MikeMikeJuliet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pman View Post
We have no experience with the system and the job is large enough with what we already have planned. It would add a considerable amount of time to work this through and through.

I do not see us making any aircraft in the future where the investment in the technology and code base would be used again.

I'm sorry some of you feel disappointed however I have always said to our customers, please look at the product description for what to expect.

Pman
Fair enough I guess.

Many of us have been very exited by the brief 2-seat capability. Too bad.