Through The Inferno (Persian Gulf) - Highly dynamic and endless task-based mission

I just tried using an agm-65e in an easy a/g mission in a Hornet.

I had everything set up (code 1688 ) and got a lock about 10nm from the target. But when I fired, the missle just went straight down into the ground. This happened each time.

Jtac does lase the targets, doesn't it? (How else could I have gotten a lock?)

Any ideas? (Sorry, I forgot to save the track)

Edit:

With lgb's everything works perfect. 100% hits.

Edited by sirrah

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

HI there

First of all, I would like to thank you for that mission.

Just wonder there is any possibility to make JTAC priority to SAM for now even when you spawn A2G hard hes first target its usually a truck or tank.

Thanks Again

303 & Friends discord

Hangar :

JF-17 Thunder, F-16C Viper, I-16, Christen Eagle II, F-14 Tomcat, Supercarrier, WWII Assets Pack, F/A-18C Hornet, AJS-37 Viggen, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, F-5E Tiger II, M-2000C, MiG-15bis, Bf 109 K-4 Kurfürst, Fw 190 D-9 Dora, F-86F Sabre, Flaming Cliffs 3, P-51D Mustang, A-10C Warthog,SA342 Gazelle, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Black Shark II, Persian Gulf Map, Normandy 1944 Map,

+ 1 The priority should SAM , air defenses, Tanks , Armored vehicles and soft targets.. This is my opinion.

There are 2 categories of fighter pilots: those who have performed, and those who someday will perform, a magnificent defensive break turn toward a bug on the canopy. Robert Shaw

• 4 weeks later...
HI there

First of all, I would like to thank you for that mission.

Just wonder there is any possibility to make JTAC priority to SAM for now even when you spawn A2G hard hes first target its usually a truck or tank.

Thanks Again

+ 1 The priority should SAM , air defenses, Tanks , Armored vehicles and soft targets.. This is my opinion.

There is a bug with the scripting that doesn't allow for this unfortunately.

I've gotten it to prioritize before, but it breaks many other important aspects of the mission.

Also:

Big game changing update for TTI SP!!

UPDATE 01/17/2019

- Added 'configurable' mission settings for TTI SP. Check the readme file on editing mission settings for more details.

Find the download at the ED userfiles link on the first post.

EASILY EDIT AND CONFIGURE MISSION SPAWNING AND OTHER SETTINGS!

You can configure and personalize the many attributes of Air to Ground Missions, Air to Air spawns and JTAC settings within the mission editor easily.

There is a tutorial readme file on how to do this.

You can also just look here to see what kind of mission settings are editable and what they change:

HOW TO CHANGE MISSION SETTINGS:

GO TO THE TRIGGER LIST IN THE MISSION EDITOR (3rd icon under MIS on the LEFT PANEL)

On the FIRST TRIGGER, look in ACTIONS > DO SCRIPT.

There you can edit the number values for adjusting the mission properties.

AFTER EDITING, SAVE MISSION!!!!!

DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING EXCEPT FOR THE NUMBER VALUES!!!

This is what each setting does:

a2a_respawn_time = TIME IN SECONDS BETWEEN EACH AUTOMATIC A2A SPAWN (TTI ALIVE ONLY)

sam_enable = SET TRUE OR FALSE DEPENDING ON IF YOU WANT THERE TO BE RANDOM SAM SITES SPAWNING ON THE MAP OUTSIDE OF MISSION ZONES (TTI ALIVE ONLY)

sam_respawn_time = TIME IN SECONDS BETWEEN RANDOM SAM SITE SPAWN (TTI ALIVE ONLY)

jtac_smokes_targets = SET TRUE OR FALSE IF YOU WANT JTACS TO SMOKE LASED TARGETS!

You can set the number to 0 if you do not want that unit type at these missions.

a2g_hard_misc = how many MISC ground units (armor, unarmed, etc...) will spawn at a2g HARD

a2g_hard_aa = how many Anti Air ground units (shilka, ural AAA, soft single unit SAM like tunguska, osa) will spawn at a2g HARD

a2g_hard_sam = how many SAM ground units (armor, unarmed, etc...) will spawn at a2g HARD

a2g_easy_misc = how many MISC ground units (armor, unarmed, etc...) will spawn at a2g EASY

a2g_easy_aa = how many Anti Air ground units (shilka, ural AAA, soft single unit SAM like tunguska, osa) will spawn at a2g EASY

a2g_easy_sam = how many SAM ground units (armor, unarmed, etc...) will spawn at a2g EASY

a2g_helo_misc = how many MISC ground units (armor, unarmed, etc...) will spawn at a2g HELO

a2g_helo_aa = how many Anti Air ground units (shilka, ural AAA, soft single unit SAM like tunguska, osa) will spawn at a2g HELO

a2g_inf_troops = how many infantry ground units (troops) will spawn at a2g INFANTRY ASSAULT

a2g_inf_misc = how many MISC ground units (armor, unarmed, etc...) will spawn at a2g INFANTRY ASSAULT

"Through The Inferno"

Endless, Dynamic, Open-World Experience for DCS World

Nice mission, but this....:(

So unrealistic...truck on the roof and tanks in the block...

Pls fix..

Sorry about that, there was some logic for units to not do that, but that is dependant on DCS' game logic and engine.

The only fix is to make sure zones do not overlap within the city or buildings, but this is something I can't control as much other than that since the units spawn randomly inside the circle.

Feel free to move the circle and their drone slightly or change the size. I'll look into fixing this but it will take some work and/or we'll have to wait and see what ED does with spawning units. At least they don't spawn hidden inside the buildings anymore or underground...

I'll keep you posted!

ALSO:

New update here:

UPDATE 01/22/2019 - 1: v1.29

- Added waypoints to all missions except anti-ship for F/A-18C, AV-8B, A-10C and M-2000C. The intel reports will specify which waypoints to use to go to an active mission zone.

- Fixed "AI friendly A2A Backup" logic. They will now properly patrol and will also takeoff from the runway directly.

- Fixed the spawned in "ZEUS" aircraft to not just fly straight and/or RTB. They will now do CAP and orbit.

- Fixed the SA-2 unit group to be more active than to just be an extremely close range SAM site.

- Added an SA-11 battery to the unit pool of SAMs.

- Changed frequency presets in the F/A-18C. If you decide to add A2A wingmen to the hornet slots, they will speak to you on 305mhz AM

- JTAC Autolase script now tells you when units are destroyed and when new units are being lased.

"Through The Inferno"

I just took a look at the 1.12 version and noticed a small bug. There's an F/A-18C at Bandar Abbas marked as [CAS] AV-8B.

Also a small recommendation on the weather: The wind direction is rather extreme for carrier landings. IIRC from a thread on the subject, winds should ideally be 9 degrees left of the angled deck (i.e. 18 degrees left of BRC).

Love the mission - thanks for creating!

Being able to spawn in units is a great addition. But on that .. I spawned a couple of F-14s (for some "ambience") whilst my buddies and I were getting our Harriers ready on the Tarawa. The F-14s proceeded to descend and attempt a landing on the Tarawa, ploughing through the four Harriers which were just about ready to depart. Much carnage ensued. Very funny to watch, but any idea what happened here?

Tried the same later with an empty tramline on the Tarawa and the F-14s landed successfully (amazing!) then taxied back through the island. Why would they even attempt to land on the LHA?

Anyway .. really enjoying the mission.

Love the mission - thanks for creating!

Being able to spawn in units is a great addition. But on that .. I spawned a couple of F-14s (for some "ambience") whilst my buddies and I were getting our Harriers ready on the Tarawa. The F-14s proceeded to descend and attempt a landing on the Tarawa, ploughing through the four Harriers which were just about ready to depart. Much carnage ensued. Very funny to watch, but any idea what happened here?

Tried the same later with an empty tramline on the Tarawa and the F-14s landed successfully (amazing!) then taxied back through the island. Why would they even attempt to land on the LHA?

Anyway .. really enjoying the mission.

HAHA I guess it's just the AI being dumb again, glad you're having fun!

I just took a look at the 1.12 version and noticed a small bug. There's an F/A-18C at Bandar Abbas marked as [CAS] AV-8B.

Also a small recommendation on the weather: The wind direction is rather extreme for carrier landings. IIRC from a thread on the subject, winds should ideally be 9 degrees left of the angled deck (i.e. 18 degrees left of BRC).

Would it be possible to select which SAM systems can spawn? Having an SA-10 spawn within 25nm of me as I'm orbiting for Fence In can get a bit crazy.

Thank you for your notes, I've made the following updates today:

UPDATE 01/26/2019 - 1: v1.13

- Added a new "DEFINE MISSION SETTINGS" section where users can now adjust and change which units are spawned in the random spawning pool of A2A and A2G (AA Threats) missions.

This is especially useful if you want to prevent certain units from being spawned for A2G and A2A missions.

- Adjusted wind to account for variable carrier positions.

- Fixed an issue with mismatched airframe slots

"Through The Inferno"

What's with "SAM-CON 2019"?

We've seen this a few times. We spawn an A2G hard mission and we get one that's quite challenging to say the least. Seems there's a SAM convention going on in Iran. I counted (I think) 6 x S-300, 6 x SA-2, 6 x SA-3 along with similar numbers of Osa, Shilka and Tunguska.

From the layout it looks like a copy/paste error.

It's certainly a challenge! But is it intentional?

Screen_190128_210152.thumb.png.692b17b46b5226a118ac97a3337ec393.png

Screen_190128_210241.thumb.png.cf53c733cc726774842bfffc5ff132c2.png

Screen_190128_210251.thumb.png.bf358e3d1998d2d455136c9e9f49e84d.png

Screen_190128_210256.thumb.png.aef7f7809f5bdc523ca646bff287153e.png

Screen_190128_210156.thumb.png.188e55c24e93f4fda3347c7708647052.png

What's with "SAM-CON 2019"?

We've seen this a few times. We spawn an A2G hard mission and we get one that's quite challenging to say the least. Seems there's a SAM convention going on in Iran. I counted (I think) 6 x S-300, 6 x SA-2, 6 x SA-3 along with similar numbers of Osa, Shilka and Tunguska.

From the layout it looks like a copy/paste error.

It's certainly a challenge! But is it intentional?

Thanks for your input here epoch.

I guess my "default" settings are quite intense, but you can easily adjust the A2G Hard missions to fit to your liking.

You can simply:

- Change the amount of SAMs at A2G missions

- Change the amount of AA threats A2G Missions

- Change which SAMs are allowed to be spawned in the spawning engine

- Change which AA units are allowed to be spawned in the spawning engine

by doing this, you can make these A2G missions your own. There's a doc detailing how to edit these mission settings and you won't have to worry about SAM CON 2019 if you don't want to.

"Through The Inferno"

UPDATE 01/28/2019

- Added a new setting to configure where users can now adjust more A2A spawns (the ALL RANDOM set)

- Added a new setting for A2A random spawns where users set a minimum and maximum time to make the time in which a2a spawns occur much more dynamic, random and unpredictable than they already are.

- Added new settings that made TTI Standard vs TTI Alive redundant since now users can configure which missions are enabled for auto-spawned. If you want to revert to a TTI Standard setting where all missions are spawned manually, most of these auto-spawn settings should be set to "FALSE" as they are set to TRUE by default.

-These changes bring a fully custom experience to TTI, encouraging players to adjust the mission as their skills increase.

"Through The Inferno"

Hi

Yeah, we're aware of the configuration options. We have A2G hard SAM set to 2, so clearly there's something not quite right here! And other A2G hard spawns also ignore the setting. I've never seen less than 3 SAM batteries despite setting it to 2.

Still great fun though. :thumbsup:

Edit: could this be the culprit?

for i=1, [b][u]25[/u][/b] do
A2G_SAM:SpawnInZone( AG2, true )
end

I see the 25 for AG1 and AG2 only (though we've never seen AG1 spawn, ever).

Thanks for your input here epoch.

I guess my "default" settings are quite intense, but you can easily adjust the A2G Hard missions to fit to your liking.

You can simply:

- Change the amount of SAMs at A2G missions

- Change the amount of AA threats A2G Missions

- Change which SAMs are allowed to be spawned in the spawning engine

- Change which AA units are allowed to be spawned in the spawning engine

by doing this, you can make these A2G missions your own. There's a doc detailing how to edit these mission settings and you won't have to worry about SAM CON 2019 if you don't want to.

Edited by epoch

Hi

Yeah, we're aware of the configuration options. We have A2G hard SAM set to 2, so clearly there's something not quite right here! And other A2G hard spawns also ignore the setting. I've never seen less than 3 SAM batteries despite setting it to 2.

Still great fun though. :thumbsup:

Edit: could this be the culprit?

for i=1, [b][u]25[/u][/b] do
   A2G_SAM:SpawnInZone( AG2, true )
end

I see the 25 for AG1 and AG2 only (though we've never seen AG1 spawn, ever).

Yeah I found that in all my missions, pushed an update this morning:

UPDATE 01/29/2019

- Fixed an issue where some A2G Hard Missions were not applying player defined settings for number of SAMS on A2G Hard Missions

"Through The Inferno"

Hey deadlyfishes, I have a couple more suggestions/notes (sorry I have so many):

1. The tankers (and AWACS) are often well within SAM range--sometimes right on top of a SAM if it spawns on Qeshm Island. I've been thinking about moving them to a "green zone" so I can tank without getting shot down, but I'm not sure which location would be best given the scope of the PG map.

2. Enemy aircraft will doggedly pursue a player as soon as he takes off, which instantly scrubs any A2G mission the player may have initially planned on. Perhaps set a patrol zone so they only engage players who enter a certain area? Or is that why the backup AI exists (honestly haven't called on them yet so I don't know what they are tasked to do).

3. This may just be confusion on my part, but I noticed that when I set A2G Easy to sam=0 and aaa=1, I get 3 AAA units.

Hey deadlyfishes, I have a couple more suggestions/notes (sorry I have so many):

1. The tankers (and AWACS) are often well within SAM range--sometimes right on top of a SAM if it spawns on Qeshm Island. I've been thinking about moving them to a "green zone" so I can tank without getting shot down, but I'm not sure which location would be best given the scope of the PG map.

2. Enemy aircraft will doggedly pursue a player as soon as he takes off, which instantly scrubs any A2G mission the player may have initially planned on. Perhaps set a patrol zone so they only engage players who enter a certain area? Or is that why the backup AI exists (honestly haven't called on them yet so I don't know what they are tasked to do).

3. This may just be confusion on my part, but I noticed that when I set A2G Easy to sam=0 and aaa=1, I get 3 AAA units.

Hey I'll add these to my to do list, and check it out.

Easy enough to move tankers, and the A2A is pretty random. Their search zones, initial spawn and more attributes are all randomized. I'll see what I can do

"Through The Inferno"

Awesome. I also have a question about the A2A spawn times. I see that it's coded in seconds, with the minimum being (by default) 1680 seconds (28 minutes), however for some reason air units spawn within about 5 minutes when I run the mission. Is the initial spawn time unrelated to the respawn time?

That's odd. On easy I get no SAMs when I set to 0, unless you count SHORADs as SAMs. I'm not sure what gets classified as AAA or SAM in DCS.

For me all the A2G settings work fine. The A2A guys need a leash of some kind--I got hard-locked by three MiG-23s while I was still sitting on the Stennis :lol: