VLOG: DCS WORLD 2 EXCLUSIVE PEEK

Wags

The Mini Dunes and clumps of grass on the ground :)

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nvidia is not scrapping 3dvision or sli. But since the 900 series release the drivers don't do very well with many games. That being said I'm not asking nor care about company theoretical policy as you say. Both tech work to certain extent in current Dcs. Question is is that the case and in the plans for new engine?

I see exactly where your coming from, your having a panic attack because somebody is asking about tech that in your mind would further delay the release of 2.0. None of these questions where directed to you, they are directed to Matt Wagner and any other staff or testers.

I7 4770k @ 4.6, sli 980 evga oc edition, ssdx2, Sony 55 inch edid hack nvidia 3dvision. Volair sim pit, DK2 Oculus Rift.

I take it collidable trees might be in DCS World 3 but that we shouldn't expect them in the Alpha? Rotorheads care :) You fast jet jocks only care about your radar models ;)

Well it states in the Dcs 2.0 post From Wags that colidable trees are in new maps

Will have to say the map looks excellent from a Heli point of view

I7 4770k @ 4.6, sli 980 evga oc edition, ssdx2, Sony 55 inch edid hack nvidia 3dvision. Volair sim pit, DK2 Oculus Rift.

Nvidia is not scrapping 3dvision or sli. But since the 900 series release the drivers don't do very well with many games. That being said I'm not asking nor care about company theoretical policy as you say. Both tech work to certain extent in current Dcs. Question is is that the case and in the plans for new engine?

I see exactly where your coming from, your having a panic attack because somebody is asking about tech that in your mind would further delay the release of 2.0. None of these questions where directed to you, they are directed to Matt Wagner and any other staff or testers.

Nope no panic attack as you say, just trying to understand the convoluted logic is all... Please go ahead and continue to ask ED and Matt about issues that are completely out of their hands and firmly in the lap of the hardware manufacturer..

:huh:

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

Nope no panic attack as you say, just trying to understand the convoluted logic is all... Please go ahead and continue to ask ED and Matt about issues that are completely out of their hands and firmly in the lap of the hardware manufacturer..

:huh:

Its on them weather or not they continue using sli or 3dvision or Oculus Rift...

The tech is their its up to game developer to decide what tech they want to use. Im simply asking if they will continue the use of 3dvision and if they have some new profiles to better utilize said tech above.

"At first you had my curiosity, but now you have my attention."

Intel Core i5-4690K Devil's Canyon Quad-Core 3.5GHz (cooler master hyper 212 evo CPU FAN), ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO (Intel LGA 1150) motherboard, 16GB PC2400 DDR3 RAM, ASUS STRIX GTX 970 4GB Video Card, Creative Soundblaster Z Pci-E Sound card, 750W Power supply, MS Force Feedback 2 Joystick, Trackir 5, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 surround sound.

one thing that must be mentioned from the video....the quality of flying displayed! talk about a smooth takeoff and flight. Bravo! (I normally do the huey shuffle on t/o).

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

And the cool thing is: we know the configuration of Wags: i7 4770K, 8 GB RAM, GTX 780ti, Windows 8.1, and 512 GB SSD. Now we have an idea about perfs... even if it's an alpha the focus seems to be on efficiency.

Edited by Cedaway

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

Some light at the end of the tunnel. Thank you ED, Matt and Froogle. Great video. 2014 was a good year for DCS and 2015 looks to be even better.

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908

one thing that must be mentioned from the video....the quality of flying displayed! talk about a smooth takeoff and flight. Bravo! (I normally do the huey shuffle on t/o).

In case some of you miss this.. A pre-alpha one from Waggs channel

Edited by Akki

Win 8.1, I7 4770K 4.5ghz watercooled, 240gb SSD in Raid 0, 16GB DDR3-2400, EVGA GTX780 watercooled, LG 29EA73-P (2560x1080)

Cobra M5 *modded by BRD*, CH Pro Throttle, Pro Combat Pedals, TrackIR5 Pro + Delanclip, Bose QC 15, TM Cougar MFD's

300/30 mbps

And the cool thing is: we know the configuration of Wags: i7 4770K, 8 GB RAM, GTX 780ti, Windows 8.1, and 512 GB SSD. Now we have an idea about perfs... even if it's an alpha the focus seems to be on efficiency.

These videos are however recorded in solo flying only I suppose. Wonder what bunch of AI units & players would do to the performance :)

Frame rate is very smooth everywhere :thumbup:

because DX11 gives plus 400% FPS than DX9 :bounce:

Will we notice the difference between 26 FPS and 104FPS do you think?:music_whistling:

Enjoyable video and nice surprise:thumbup:

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It just looks amazing :)

DCS-Modules these days offer way more than DCS 1.x can support.

Now add the matching vehicles ( WWII, Nam, Korea etc.. ) and DCS really becomes the "world" we all long for.

I like the way speed and height are presented, the rich and detailed environment just makes the difference. I hope this also works with Mach One haha :)

Hats off Wags !

Bit

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Great stuff! Loving the detail, its going to be a blast experiencing it first hand in the Huey and Mi8, as it is in the fast movers im sure. Also great low level flying by Wags, this is how I like to fly the Huey as well. Collective up to get into a stable ground effect hover, then gain some forward momentum until the main rotor starts to act as a wing, lower collective just a tiny bit to counter the extra lift and let her rip!!! Alpha can't come soon enough! I really hope they let us in asap. :)

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Very impressive flying from Wags , i cannot get the Huey to behave nice like that.

And very VERY excited to hear about the open alpha , can`t wait for it to arrive.

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

First matter of business upon release: fly into a tree to see if they have collision models

Not sure why people are bothered about collision models on trees. You'd probably end up dead the first time you hit a tree in real life, so isn't it best just just to avoid them?

Looking forward to the Alpha release, hopefully, soon.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

Not sure why people are bothered about collision models on trees. You'd probably end up dead the first time you hit a tree in real life, so isn't it best just just to avoid them?

They can and are used in tactical concealment. Attack and transport helicopters frequently fly at or below the tree line if possible to avoid detection. Currently in DCS the many AA defences (as well as ground and airborne radar) 'see' through the trees and can and will fire through them as if they are nonexistant. Tree collision is indeed very important when taken in context.

• Like 1

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.