DCS Steam sale, up to -65%

GeorgeLKMT

Yo made it sound like there are 2 games.

Actually is the same game you can install via steam or via old method which is ED distribution and installer.

Also Steam installation is identical in the end with classic ED installer but has on top Steam protection and benefits from Steam easiness to manage your games. (btw... I have Steam but I don't use it for DCS World).

bottom lines...

Sales on Steam don't coincide with sales on ED site... reasons are dictated by marketing and are understandable. You don't need to feel bad about it... you can buy a phone at different prices if you search the vendors... and you don't have bad feelings about it, nor confusions. Yo even get happy if yo fiond that one has a sale and his price is 50% lower than anybody... So is here in this case.

ED site sale modules in $ and if you buy in Euros you get a normal currency conversion. Other sites or distribution systems... like Steam have a parity on $ with Euros so the prices might be bit higher for Europeans.

What should you buy?

If you are new and you are used to steam... buy on Steam. Yes you might chip 2-3 Euros on ED site but Steam Keys are valid in ED stand alone installer and maybe at some point everyone will move on Steam... basically... your key is good in two "worlds".

Why the Key from Steam is valid on ED site but not viceversa?

Cause Steam Key is a ED key! ED gave that key to Steam to sell it so they recognize it. But DCS stand alone keys are not known (anymore) by Steam because Steam don't want to complicate its database.

So... The multitude of Steam Keys are included in the multitude of ED DCS World Stand Alone installer. Simple. 1st grade thingie :) .

One reason I decided to go standalone and directly with DCS themselves. Plus all the cool downloads by users and such. And you deal directly with DCS if any problems arise.

Out of curiosity;

I have 8 DCS modules installed in DCS world standalone.

When I go to Module Manager and then the installed tab I can find and see the serial keys of 7 modules but when I look at the serial of the Mig-21 module it reads "No Key" and I have Mig-21 module installed?

Out of curiosity;

I have 8 DCS modules installed in DCS world standalone.

When I go to Module Manager and then the installed tab I can find and see the serial keys of 7 modules but when I look at the serial of the Mig-21 module it reads "No Key" and I have Mig-21 module installed?

Have you used "bind key" to your login in DCS website in personal section?

That's what the Module manager uses to detect new modules, for example.

• Like 1

"I would have written a shorter post, but I did not have the time."

Have you used "bind key" to your login in DCS website in personal section?

That's what the Module manager uses to detect new modules, for example.

Thank you that did the trick; going to personal section and then to licensing and binding the serial. The odd thing is that I didn't have do this manually for the other 7 modules.

I guess if I buy modules on steam and then want to use those steam keys for my standalone installation I also have to manually bind them.

Everyone needs to stop spreading this disinformation. You can use Store-bought modules on Steam DCS with the smallest amount of prepwork.

You need to consistently, as in 'every post', remind people that they cannot get support from Steam or ED once they have done as you advise.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

You need to consistently, as in 'every post', remind people that they cannot get support from Steam or ED once they have done as you advise.

You are more likely to die of old age than you are getting any timely support from Steam.

Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4P | i7-860 2.8Ghz | 16G Corsair Vengeance 1600 DDR3 | Asus GTX 750 Ti OC | 2 x Acer G235H | Samsung 850 256 GB | Windows 7 Pro 64bit | Saitek Cyborg Evo

Hey, what Steam treachery is this!?

couple days ago, when the sale start, Bf -109 was 30% discount (32.19 euro).I wanted to buy Bf-109 today and the price is 36.79 euro (20% discount)!!! God dam you Steam :badmood:

[sIGPIC]D:\avioni\razno\potpis 1 orao.jpg[/sIGPIC]

Hey, what Steam treachery is this!?

couple days ago, when the sale start, Bf -109 was 30% discount (32.19 euro).I wanted to buy Bf-109 today and the price is 36.79 euro (20% discount)!!! God dam you Steam :badmood:

The 30% was a special 1-2 day deal. Check the countdown next to the price next time so you don't end up disappointed.

RimOnBlue.png

F/A-18C - A-10C - FC3 - L-39C/ZA - Ka-50 - UH-1H - Mi-8MTV2 - F-86F - Spitfire - P-51D - P-47D - BF-109K - CA