Disable GunSight not disabling

Akmatov

Just got the L-39 today and busy trying to paddle around in the kiddy pool to get started learning DCS. The great big Gunsight which in the L-39C is just a pita is not disappearing after I got into Settings and checked "Disable Gunsight", it's still there.

What could I be doing wrong?

Steam DCS if that matters.

Edited by Akmatov

It disables allright in the latest 2.5.2.20143 version. Don't know which build Steam runs on at the moment, though.

Keep in mind, in predefined combat and training missions or campaigns, any DCS aircraft equipment and armament are selected for you and you cannot adjust them. That applies to L-39 tutorials as well, where there will be gunsight and there will be a grumpy instructor sitting behind (so, before you make another thread, you cannot switch cockpit positions in these ;)).

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Thanks folks, very helpful. Just checked and my version is also 2.5.2.20143. Also checked and the Gunsight is present in Tutorials, but not in Instant Action, just as you suggest.

I'm coming to realize that DCS is a patchwork of not necessarily coordinated pieces rather than a coordinated whole. Explains a lot and is a good thing to know.

Hmm, perhaps modifiable in the mission files, something to explore.

To modify mission, open the .miz file with Winrar (for example) and you'll see a file "options", open it with Notepad++ and modify lines:

["L-39C"] =

{

["dismountGunSight"] = false,

to

["dismountGunSight"] = true,

Just save it :smilewink:

FOX-2 2021_ED_1.PNG