Fuel quantity indication vs ME

vctpil

Hi,

What indicate the instrument in the cockpit to measure the fuel quantity ?

In the ME, 100% with 1 tank of 275gal gives a little bit more than 6285lbs, which is correct regarding the real manual. But on the aircraft, the gauge indicate L 2200lbs and R+2400lbs.

If I set 53% of fuel in ME 4165lbs, the gauge indicate L+R 1200, so I suppose a total of 2400lbs.

Is someone can explain ?

Thanks.

Vincent

IAMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12x 3.7 to 4.8Ghz - 32Go DDR4 3600Mhz - GeForce RTX 3080 - Samsung Odyssey G7 QLED - AIMXY

100% with 1 tank of 275gal

Just for clarification.

You mean 100% internal fuel as per the fuel slider in ME and you attached an external tank with 275 gal.

The fuel gauge in the cockpit only shows internal fuel. There is no indication for the external tanks, except the warning light, when external fuel transfer is on and these external tanks are empty.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Jens

Just for clarification.

You mean 100% internal fuel as per the fuel slider in ME and you attached an external tank with 275 gal.

The fuel gauge in the cockpit only shows internal fuel. There is no indication for the external tanks, except the warning light, when external fuel transfer is on and these external tanks are empty.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Jens

Thanks for the clarification. I had the same question a few days ago and came to this conclusion, but both the manual and Chuck's guide are not very clear on this. It is obvious when you know the internal fuel capacity, of course.

A-4E | AV-8B N/A | C-101 | F/A-18C | F-5E | F-14A&B | F1 | FC3 | M-2000C | Mosquito | P-47D | Spitfire | AH-64D | Mi-8MTV2 | Mi-24P | SA342 | UH-1H
Nevada | Normandy | Persian Gulf | Sinai | South Atlantic | Syria | The Channel | Supercarrier | NS430
i7-5820K @ 4.50GHz | 32GB DDR-4 @ 3.00GHz | 2x 1TB NVMe SSD | Asus RTX 2070S O8G
Saitek X-52 Pro HOTAS | Thrustmaster TFRP pedals | TrackIR 5