No smoke when starting engines?

oscar19681

What do you mean "spit smoke and stuff" like chunks of exhaust valves and piston, parts of piston rings, supercharger impeller chunks ?

Smoke is not always present but flames would be nice.

Some one said that p-51 had flames, but got lost in process.

Same with pilot, oxygen mask would be nice too.

But ED team is working hard on introducing 2.5.6 finishing DM model,P-47, map for WW2 period and many other things.

Any way, DCS p-51 is the best p-51 simulation on market imo.

P-51 got visual and sound upgrade recently making it even better module.

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

What do you mean "spit smoke and stuff" like chunks of exhaust valves and piston, parts of piston rings, supercharger impeller chunks ?

Smoke is not always present but flames would be nice.

Some one said that p-51 had flames, but got lost in process.

Same with pilot, oxygen mask would be nice too.

But ED team is working hard on introducing 2.5.6 finishing DM model,P-47, map for WW2 period and many other things.

Any way, DCS p-51 is the best p-51 simulation on market imo.

P-51 got visual and sound upgrade recently making it even better module.

I meant it just like I said, smoke comming from the engines when starting the engines.

Gotto agree on DCS offering the best P-51 sim. I actually for IL2 operation bodemplatte which also does a nice job of simulating the p-51. I allways considered the P-51 for DCS to expensive because it would only make sense it you buy the assets and normandy map allong with it. But when it got a massive “corona” discount I just couldn’t resist. Now I’m allmost only flying the DCS p-51 Because it just go,s that little step further then Il2. But I play IL2 still to from time to time,

Mainly because is its career mode which DCS lacks in many ways.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I actually for XXX xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx which also does a nice job of simulating the p-51.

I disagree here.

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

I disagree here.

Why if you don’t mind me asking? I never said it was anywhere near DCS levels. It does a nice job by combining sim with some game elements at a much lower price then the high fidelity DCS offers. IL2 offers a more action oriented kind of gameplay in a semi dynamic campaign envirement. Where DCS is much more hardcore and a studysim which is more for the purist

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

P-51 in DCS used to spit flames from exaoust pipes, i fly this Bird since 2013 so i do remember it well.

When it comes to Graphics Updates it got only new Cockpit wich looks Great but the Exterior did not change from it release date. Still so far behind Birds like Spitfire or Anton 8.

There are many graphical problems with the P-51. Most all have been reported many times but ED never address’s them or even acknowledge the problems.

Smoke and stack flame on start up missing since 1.5

Watch aother 51 on landing it will look like no landing gear down then it will just pop in.

Navigation lights will pop on as you close in on one in flight.

Load up a TF-51 go to F2 view and zoom out watch the tires turn white.

For a plane that has been out since 2013 you would think it could have been fixed by now.

A prime example of what they think of this plane is the current sound issue with the popping sound that has been since the first 2.5.6 update. Oh we are sorry it was fixed a while ago we just forgot to include it in any updates. If this had been one of the new jets a hotfix would have been out quickly. Ie: Oh my we put the C130 sounds on the Hornet…. So sorry just put up with it for 5 weeks we will get to it.

There are many graphical problems with the P-51. Most all have been reported many times but ED never address’s them or even acknowledge the problems.

Smoke and stack flame on start up missing since 1.5

Watch aother 51 on landing it will look like no landing gear down then it will just pop in.

Navigation lights will pop on as you close in on one in flight.

Load up a TF-51 go to F2 view and zoom out watch the tires turn white.

For a plane that has been out since 2013 you would think it could have been fixed by now.

A prime example of what they think of this plane is the current sound issue with the popping sound that has been since the first 2.5.6 update. Oh we are sorry it was fixed a while ago we just forgot to include it in any updates. If this had been one of the new jets a hotfix would have been out quickly. Ie: Oh my we put the C130 sounds on the Hornet…. So sorry just put up with it for 5 weeks we will get to it.

Yes and if you take ur time to look/lean outside of the cockpit in Mustang on the engine hood you will see there is a spot on it where you can see right throu it and see the ground/runway.

It seems to me that the new Cockpit jut dont fit in to the old Extirior Model.

You can also turn on the Navigation lights and look to the side and see them shining through the panel seams.

Also with the lights on go to F2 and notice the light on the rudder does not move with the rudder.

This list of items is LONG and many. Sad part is they know about them all and do nothing.

Yes and if you take ur time to look/lean outside of the cockpit in Mustang on the engine hood you will see there is a spot on it where you can see right throu it and see the ground/runway.

It seems to me that the new Cockpit jut dont fit in to the old Extirior Model.

Granted, ability to lean outside the cockpit has been added only very recently to all warbirds, so none of these 3D models is 100% prepared for it.

I wouldn't mind some refreshing job for the Mustang being done, though If messed up bort numbers are still there on TF-51, I don't expect more throrough fixes anytime soon.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Granted, ability to lean outside the cockpit has been added only very recently to all warbirds, so none of these 3D models is 100% prepared for it.

I wouldn't mind some refreshing job for the Mustang being done, though If messed up bort numbers are still there on TF-51, I don't expect more throrough fixes anytime soon.

FW-190 A8 and Spitfire look just lifelike from that perspective.

I just hope ED will Update Mustang Exterior model just like they plan it to do with D9

There are a ton of problems with the P51 at the moment and a lot of them are show stoppers.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

There are a ton of problems with the P51 at the moment and a lot of them are show stoppers.

Can you elaborate ?.

I find hard to believe that p-51 suffers ton of problems.

I think that p-51 is great module, even with old textures.

Engines popping even without the aircraft running, ears screaming as if you're in a negative G dive or climb even while flying straight and level, belly landings in which you DIE even if you just scratch the paint....2 out of those 3 right now is a game breaker for me and Im not flying until they're fixed.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

Engines popping even without the aircraft running, ears screaming as if you're in a negative G dive or climb even while flying straight and level, belly landings in which you DIE even if you just scratch the paint....2 out of those 3 right now is a game breaker for me and Im not flying until they're fixed.

Engine popping you mean this sound bug? If Yes, then this bug is fixed internally.

About left 2 bugs don't know much, this pilot death in case belly landing is with us for quite time iirc.

But when new DM will pop in, this bug must be fixed, i assume that p-51 will get landing gear mechanism combat damage, which not allow to properly extend landing gears. So belly landings will be much much more often.

From my experience i had never any landing gear failure in any of warbirds so far.

Edited by grafspee

And the negative G noise heard in helmet is a big stay the hell away from this plane bug for me. The popping noise may be fixed internally, but not externally so whenever they fix these two bugs Ill start flying it again. Be nice to finally start the Blue Nose Bastards of Bodney campaign.

My wallpaper and skins

I think the popping sound is actually coming from the jeeps and trucks around airfields. A while back I was bored and explored the Normandy map in free flight. And the source it the sound came from the jeeps and trucks around the bases

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No its not. It has to do with cold start aircraft; you wont hear the popping and what not from a hot started aircraft.

My wallpaper and skins

The popping sounds are fixed. The other strange muffled sound when you are coming down from Alt. is NOT.

Do you mean this ear muffling sound ??

This bug isn't reported yet so don't expect to be fixed.

Edited by grafspee

• 2 weeks later...
Do you mean this ear muffling sound ??

This bug isn't reported yet so don't expect to be fixed.

What do you mean ear muffling? The sound where it feels like you are yawning all the time? Because that is reported; I reported it early in 2.5.6.

My wallpaper and skins