F-86 Gone

Chicki

Wow. I just updated to latest of open beta. I been flying the F-86 and I loaded up a mission and found myself sitting in the A-10 pit. Huh. So, I fire up the mission editor and try to put in the F-86 as "type". It's not listed in the drop down window. ????? The F-86 icon is lit bottom of opening screen and module manager says it's installed. What the heck? Help?

You have Mods on the program files, try it again with no Mods.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

All mods disabled via OVGME prior to update. Maybe OVGME doesn't work so well?

OvGme works fine, but the new version of DCS does not like edited files within its /CoreMods folder.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Yeah, I figured it out. When I applied the gun elevation mod, the F-86 goes away. Very strange. Anyway, probably don't even need it in the beta. But, mystery solved. Thanks for your interest pal.

What in the world? I just saw this too. Really this seems kinda odd after all these years. And it's beta after all. I will run the regular install and see if that helps. I notice "manifest" files in both the F-86 and MiG-15 folders now. Good grief, this is beta too.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's perfectly ordinary banter Squiffy, "Bally Jerry, pranged his kite, right in the 'how's your father.'" - Monty Python, RAF Banter Sketch.

Squiffy, a. slang. 1. Intoxicated; drunk. 2. Askew, skew-whiff. - OED

"Put that sucker in a 4G turn and keep it there!!" - Maj. Gen. "Boots" Blesse

OK now this is a pleasant surprise! After trying to save the updated MiG-15bis.lua from the recent update, I gave up and repaired the install with the DCS app. I was able to save the F-86.lua but still noticed some odd shotgun effect in the 50s. Who knows, I may have fouled up the update with all my mod files in the CoreMods folders. But I am happy to say that the new AI for the MiG's and the new muzzle velocities for the Sabres made for some pretty decent dogfighting 2 Sabres v 3 MiGs. I could have sworn I got tagged once but it must have been the report of my 50s as I switched to outside view. So thanks for the updates guys. I am a little sad that it seems we can't mod for the time being but if this helps make improvements and finally squash the sound loss bug then I can't complain too much. I'll make a new sig pic to celebrate. Thanks also to 000ric000 for the epic Sabre skins! Clean out your folders I think the manifest file works like a shipping or passenger manifest ;)

Edited by Squiffy

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's perfectly ordinary banter Squiffy, "Bally Jerry, pranged his kite, right in the 'how's your father.'" - Monty Python, RAF Banter Sketch.

More fun. The high G turning fights seem much more realistic.

Screen_200524_212626.thumb.png.45d736787c2fac6468ce8325229f8933.png

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I can confirm that edited .luas in the aircraft core mods folders do now work. I have kept them clean of other files and saved the originals elsewhere but modding is active again. I can also say that 890m/s is the sweet spot for the M3 Browning ammo. I also tweaked a little more effective range to really let the Sabres snipe with the 50s. Especially rewarding at low speed, high angle off and long range over the top in loops and hammerheads. I have cut the barrel heat and warp down by 75%. In defense of the original files from ED/Belsimtek, the effective range and muzzle velocities of the MiG cannons are pretty fair. I wondered about it and checked. And I do need a new stick! :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]