2000B and 2000D

Grift-06

Hi everyone,

do you think we will see a M2000B or D version in a near future?

"Near future" and DCS never get along well.

So, as far as I can see, unfortunately there are no official projects running.

Honestly, with RAZBAM already actively working on three new modules (MiG-23, F-15E, EE Lightning), with probably more I don't recall right now... I wouldn't hold my breath. Unless AdA gently pushes for them...

Razbam has shown, teased, announced or hinted in some way the following:

F-15E, A-29B, Mig-23, Mig-19S, AV/8B+, Sea Harrier FRS1, Super Etendard, Mirage 3, OV-10, IA-58, Bo-105, Mirage 2000-5, and now the EE Lightning.

So to anwer the OP's question, no we are not. Likely not even in the long term.

AdA is interested by 2000-5F first. So if we get a new Mirage in the near future, that will be the -5F.

Regarding 2000B, i don't see the point of doing it. Only used for training basically.

2000D on the other hand would be interesting, but not sure it would have a huge success outside the French community, as it's quite limited (no guns, limited to Mach 1.45, small weapons load capacity...) compared to the Strike Eagle for example and it has not been exported.

Someone form Razbam once said that the AdA is interested in the D and later in the Rafale for a PC Sim.

The Mirage 2000D is a very versatile plane.

M2000D can do SEAD (ARMAT), ASuW (Exocet), Cruise Missle Attacks (Apache, SCALP), has glide bombs (AASM), a built in TFR and with the MICA IR, she has a decent A/A capability.

Recently the AdA is implementing a 30mm gunpod.

M2000D can do SEAD (ARMAT), ASuW (Exocet), Cruise Missle Attacks (Apache, SCALP), has glide bombs (AASM), a built in TFR and with the MICA IR, she has a decent A/A capability.

Recently the AdA is implementing a 30mm gunpod.

Just to clarify, IIRC the ARMAT is not used anymore, and MICA IR is not yet in service with the plane and the radar is really not designed for air-air.

I don't know if the Exocet is used by the AdA 2000D.

If they do it, I would want all of there weapons, I'm just providing more context and correct me if I'm wrong :).

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

The Antilope V radar can only provide ACM mode 10NM for self defense, not really calling that "decent A/A capability", rather 'minimum A/A Capability''. And indeed they are not equipped yet with either gun pod or MICA IR.

Never heard of M2000D mission with Exocet and ARMAT.

Basically, they are dropping GBUs and launching SCALP.

Quite a good recap here of current payload and what is in the book: https://www.defense.gouv.fr/content/download/559579/9683699/fiche_technique_Mirage_2000D_BD.pdf

Don't get me wrong, i'm a huge fan of the 2000D. Just don't think it would appeal to the mass.

True, the D will never be a fighter, but compared to other fighter bombers (Tornado, F-111, A-6, Su-24, Jaguar, JH-7 etc) it's A/A armament is quite good (with the Mica IR).

For DCS it doesn't matter, if the Aarmat is no longer in service (if the D can use it), the Walleye is not in service as well, but you can use it in the F/A-18.

Edited by schroedi

True, the D will never be a fighter, but compared to other fighter bombers (Tornado, F-111, A-6, Su-24, Jaguar, JH-7 etc) it's A/A armament is quite good (with the Mica IR).

For DCS it doesn't matter, if the Aarmat is no longer in service (if the D can use it), the Walleye is not is service as well, but you can use it in the F/A-18.

Of course, that's what I said, I was just adding information :).

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

Just to clarify, IIRC the ARMAT is not used anymore, and MICA IR is not yet in service with the plane and the radar is really not designed for air-air.

I don't know if the Exocet is used by the AdA 2000D.

If they do it, I would want all of there weapons, I'm just providing more context and correct me if I'm wrong :).

No Exocet for French Air Force, AM39 is only used by French Navy.

ARMAT never made it to Mirage 2000D, Mirage IIIE, Jaguar A and Atlantic only.

In French service it was AS-37 Martel. ARMAT is for export.

AM39 Exocet on Atlantique 2, Super Etendard (Modernisé or not) and Rafale M.

I guess nothing would prevent from loading AM39 on FAF Rafale since it's the same weapon system. But FAF isn't training for that.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Honestly, I wouldn't argue to have "too few" weapon options as long as there would be some that really work well. Accurate modeled bombing (CCIP/RP) and self-designated LGB dropping - hey, I'm fine! You can do a lot with this...

I forgot the AS-30L. Is that still used? It is not listed in the Pdf (so the AASM), but I am pretty sure the AdA used it in combat.

I don't think it's still in use, but yes, it was used in combat by Mirage 2000D.

2000D_1994_3-ID_JFL.jpg

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

AdA is interested by 2000-5F first. So if we get a new Mirage in the near future, that will be the -5F.

Regarding 2000B, i don't see the point of doing it. Only used for training basically.

2000D on the other hand would be interesting, but not sure it would have a huge success outside the French community, as it's quite limited (no guns, limited to Mach 1.45, small weapons load capacity...) compared to the Strike Eagle for example and it has not been exported.

a -5F? Yes please! AT least it will be able to compete in bvr vs Falcons and Hornets!

Win 11Pro. Corsair RM1000X PSU. ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PLUS [WI-FI], AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3D, Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX Nitro+ Vapor-X 24GB GDDR6. 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series (4 x 8GB) RAM Cl14 DDR4 3600. Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG Thrustmaster. TWCS Throttle. PICO 4 256GB.

WARNING: Message from AMD: Windows Automatic Update may have replaced their driver by one of their own. Check your drivers.

M-2000C. Mirage F1. F/A-18C Hornet. F-15C. F-5E Tiger II. MiG-29 "Fulcrum".  Avatar: Escadron de Chasse 3/3 Ardennes. Fly like a Maineyak.

Razbam has shown, teased, announced or hinted in some way the following:

F-15E, A-29B, Mig-23, Mig-19S, AV/8B+, Sea Harrier FRS1, Super Etendard, Mirage 3, OV-10, IA-58, Bo-105, Mirage 2000-5, and now the EE Lightning.

So to anwer the OP's question, no we are not. Likely not even in the long term.

Lol yikes. They need some ADHD meds and a project manager.

Banner EDForum2020.jpg