Should I buy the Sabre?

Reflected

Ha. Sorry guys. I butchered it twice.

And I hate to ask again, but does anyone know if there are any currently working Sabre campaigns for 1.5.3? And period units?

Or do I just need to research which ground units were used in Korea, then use them and create my own missions?

ASUS Sabertooth P67 :: Intel i5-2500 3.0 GHz :: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 :: 16 GB DDR3 RAM :: Crucial 240 GB SSD :: WD Black 2TB HD :: 50" Magnavox TV as monitor :: TrackIR 5 :: Saitek X52 :: Saitek Rudder Pedals

• 2 weeks later...

I finally bought the Sabre!:)

I love it. Amazing detail, great looking cockpit, very immersive procedures. It's very maneuverable and fast, it's amazing how easy it is to pull 5-6 Gs. A real joy to fly.

In combat however...i still can't get used to the radar guided pipper. I usually just cage it mechanically. Also, aircraft visibility in DCS is a serious issue, the worst I've seen in all sims, and this makes it virtually impossible to dogfight with MIGs. I just installed the impostors mod, hope it will help.

• 2 weeks later...
I finally bought the Sabre!:)

I love it. Amazing detail, great looking cockpit, very immersive procedures. It's very maneuverable and fast, it's amazing how easy it is to pull 5-6 Gs. A real joy to fly.

In combat however...i still can't get used to the radar guided pipper. I usually just cage it mechanically. Also, aircraft visibility in DCS is a serious issue, the worst I've seen in all sims, and this makes it virtually impossible to dogfight with MIGs. I just installed the impostors mod, hope it will help.

You have to make sure to electrically cage button after using the manual uncagrr. And only let the piper float around once your pointing it at a target.

If you turn the radar range knob down to lowest then it doesn't track at all and can instead becomes a gyro sight. I generally turn my radar ranging to 0 just so I can ambush a mig within first pass mig15bis has a alarm that goes off when the radar ranging unit is point at its direction.

its added bonus that we have a post Korean refitted with the avionics to arm early aim9b/gar8 sidewinder.

Sabre also makes for a decent fighter bomber, its got both manual bombing modes and automatic release modes.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD