F18 Warthog panel

Glider_UK

A couple of questions, before I place an order.

What are the plates made of, and how thick?

Also, what glider do you fly? I used to have a Phoebus B1, then a Libelle 201B. Too old to fly in real life, anymore. That’s why I’m in simulators, now.

Cheers,

Hi TWC_SLAG

The panels for the Thrustmaster are made from 2mm B&W laminated acrylic. Any thicker and they stand too proud of the throttle. They are pretty sturdy, i'm not saying you can bend them double.

Name Glider actually comes from years and years of simming, I got that call-sign in the 90s from my LAN group, due to always running out of fuel and gliding into land. I used to always go everywhere full throttle until, Ooops "ran out of fuel"

Regards

Mark

http://www.modeldesigns.co.uk

Mobo Asus Maximus XI RAM:64GB DDR4 CPU:Intel I9 9900 Nvidia 2080TI WIN10 64Bit HP Reverb

Hi TWC_SLAG

The panels for the Thrustmaster are made from 2mm B&W laminated acrylic. Any thicker and they stand too proud of the throttle. They are pretty sturdy, i'm not saying you can bend them double.

Name Glider actually comes from years and years of simming, I got that call-sign in the 90s from my LAN group, due to always running out of fuel and gliding into land. I used to always go everywhere full throttle until, Ooops "ran out of fuel"

Regards

Mark

LOL

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

LOL

Glider,

I’m going to send you an order for an F-5E panel. If I like it, I will probably order some others. I have cataract surgery on 10/7, so it will be after I can see again. :)

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

Glider,

I’m going to send you an order for an F-5E panel. If I like it, I will probably order some others. I have cataract surgery on 10/7, so it will be after I can see again. :)

No Problem, i'm sure all will go well.

Just go to the website once your ready.

Regards

Glider

Mobo Asus Maximus XI RAM:64GB DDR4 CPU:Intel I9 9900 Nvidia 2080TI WIN10 64Bit HP Reverb

I ordered a panel for the Tiger ll. Will get back with a review.

TWC_SLAG

Are your panels backlightable? How are the legends applied?

Thanks

Yes they are back light-able but only were they align with the throttle lights. Its all dependent on the terminology on the switch.

To assign what you want the switch to do, you just fill in the form on the website.

Our main Cockpit panels (non thrustmaster)will all be back light-able.

I hope that answers your questions

Regards

Mark

Edited by Glider_UK

• 2 weeks later...

I received my F-5 panel today. First off, it was packed and protected very well. The labels I requested were done correctly, and very legible. Glider UK said the lighting would depend on how what I wanted lined up with that on the Warthog itself, so I was not surprised.

My only criticism is that the panels themselves are priced reasonably, but then adding the postage to the USA from the UK means I probably won’t buy any more.

TWC_SLAG

I received my F-5 panel today. First off, it was packed and protected very well. The labels I requested were done correctly, and very legible. Glider UK said the lighting would depend on how what I wanted lined up with that on the Warthog itself, so I was not surprised.

My only criticism is that the panels themselves are priced reasonably, but then adding the postage to the USA from the UK means I probably won’t buy any more.

I am currently trying to organise an account that would allow slightly cheaper postage. As with all these things its dependant on volume.

I'm glad you liked the panel though and thank you for doing the review.

Glider