Non-standard resolution problem

Slowrider8

Since 2.5 released I've been struggling to get it running at a decent framerate without disabling deferred shading and getting a lot of visual bugs. I can get a playable framerate at 1440p, however, on my 4k monitor, it is too blurry to easily read anything in cockpits.

I've tried changing the height and width of the resolution option to 16:9 settings not in the drop-down, such as 2880x1620 or 3200x1800, and while these are clear enough and give me a decent framerate, the mouse cursor does not line up correctly in fullscreen; meaning that I can't click menu options or buttons in a cockpit correctly without playing in windowed mode.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem if they've also come across it?

I recall having a similar problem when I was playing with DSR but I can't replicate it now to tell you 100% how to fix.

edit:

ok, I managed to replicate the problem. I think you can resolve it by NOT clicking "Full screen" in the menu (make sure it is unchecked). Then start the game windowed and press "L-Alt+Enter" to go full screen

edit2: pasting back part of my original response since it seemed to work and may help someone else: "make sure your video card has a matching resolution listed (or make a custom one to match)"

Edited by prccowboy
  • Like 1