C-101 BUGS WE ARE TRACKING

Tango

Still working on CC navaids and then weapon systems will come, all these could take around a couple of months. Working on parallel with AFM. We want to do things right, with good quality, rather than fast and average.
Would it be possible to get a little blurb about the AFM? Like which aspects of it are the furthest along? Nothing too detailed.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all.

First of all, I'd like to say that I love that module, fisrt I find it a great idea for DCS, as two seat planes are ideal for multiplayer and second, as a spanish guy, I use to watch the spanish airshow team do their training at San Javier Airbase when I'm on hollidays, so it's fantastic to "fly" that plane.

That is why I find the bugs of this module irritating, and I want to post those issues and some "solutions" I found.

1. Bugs I could fix

a. Altimeter

The altimeter pressure adjust only upwards (increasing) from the keyboard inputs even if the clickable cockpit acts correctly. After some "playing" with the "default" file (X:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\C-101\Input\C-101EB\keyboard) , I found that if I change the "value_pressed" from 0 to -1 at line 25, the issues disappears. The line should end up like this:

"{combos = {{key = 'B', reformers = {'RCtrl'}}}, pressed = device_commands.Button_15, cockpit_device_id = 2, value_pressed = -1.0, name = _('Altimeter pressure set Decrease'), category = {_('Main instrument panel')}},".

In order to get the same results with the joystick assignment, same action must be done In the "default" file at "x:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\C-101\Input\C-101EB\joystick".

b. Airspeed gauge knob

The airspeed pinule moves about 100 degrees per touch, and only clockwise. Again, same file, same location (don't forget to backup the file BEFORE any change), and change the "value_pressed" from 1 to 1/100 and from 0 to -1/100 at line 51 and 52. Again, do the same at "joystick" folder file.

c. HSI course and Heading knob.

More of the same spice: change the values of "value_pressed" at lines 122,123,125,126 to 1/100 or to -1/100, and do the same with the joystick folder file.

2. Bugs I couldn't fix (so they're still there!).

a. Wheel brakes

Pedals brakes simply don't work. Keyboard does, both symmetrical and asymmetrical, but the inputs from the pedals don't. In the controls screen ("RCtrl+Enter"), I see the correct action. I've compared the files with other modules (F5E) but I couldn't figure out any solution.

b. Radio controls

That one is perhaps the one I hate the most; none of the radio controls work with the keyboard, not to talk about joystick buttons! I looked at the same files as before and found there are no key assigned to "{combos=..... I typed some entries, did the same for the joystick, but absolutely no response. This annoys me particularly as I'm building a "Standard Cockpit" usable for all the modules, and all the radio controls in other planes/choppers work like a charm. I hope/suppose this will be fixed in the near future.

So, that's all my humble contribution to a great module. I hope it could be of some help to somebody.

See U guys.

P.S. If this has been already discussed in some other/previous post, please accept my apologies and write me the link to it.

• 3 weeks later...

Hola a todos.

Hoy escribo en Español.

Yo sigo con lo mío: las asignaciones de botones o teclas a la radio UHF o al TACAN, por ejemplo, no hacen nada de nada.

Además, me he percatado que los dígitos de los motores (N1, N2 etc), desaparecen al apagar la luz del panel, y no creo que ese sea el comportamiento normal.

Por otro lado, en el panel IFF, los controles saltan de "todo a nada" y vice versa al asignar los controles ('MODE 1 - X0 Increase' o "decrease")(líneas 171 y 172 de "default.lua"). Por ejemplo, el selector de MODE 1 pasa de 0 a 7 y al revés, sin pasos intermedios.

Gracias de nuevo y espero que estos comentarios se tomen como crítica constructiva, ya que el módulo me encanta,

Saludos a todos en general y al equipo de AvioDev en especial.

Thank you for your contribution, Sacarino111. Step by step we'll continue solving all the issues that are pending. The correct way to solve the issues above is inside the code, don't worry, we'll get to it.

Regarding engine indications, they do dim IRL. We can't reproduce what you say about the indication going off. They dim, but they don't go off.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sigpic97175_2_small.pngAERGES-LOGO-sin_fondo_small.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just got this to day and there seems to b no brakes throttle full off brakes fully applied and still its a rocket sled on wheels

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Window 10, i9-9900,2080TI, 32GB ram Puma Pro Flight Trainer, 2 x 1TB WB SSD NVMe HP Reverb

Just got this to day and there seems to b no brakes throttle full off brakes fully applied and still its a rocket sled on wheels

Please use W key for braking. Brakes assignment to an axis is available but not functional, only for toe brakes animation, it will be operative when we release AFM.

Edited by Vibora

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok guess it was a bit of wasted money for now since I only use VR cant keep lifting headset up to look at a keyboard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Window 10, i9-9900,2080TI, 32GB ram Puma Pro Flight Trainer, 2 x 1TB WB SSD NVMe HP Reverb

Ok guess it was a bit of wasted money for now since I only use VR cant keep lifting headset up to look at a keyboard

Hello Rephiled. Good news, I've solved the issue. It will be in next update, but meanwhile, please replace the original default.lua file with the attached one in folder ...\Mods\aircraft\C-101\Input\C-101EB\keyboard of your DCS main installation directory.

default.lua

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Solved the inability to assign page up and page down to kneeboard both with keyboard and joystick.

Solved the inability to assign shortcuts to kneeboard both with keyboard and joystick.

Solved the inability to mark current position in kneeboard map with joystick.

Please use the attached files (contained in their respective folders, keep the structure). Install in folder ...\Mods\aircraft\C-101\Input\C-101EB of your DCS main installation directory.

These corrections won't probably make it for next 2.5 update since it's too imminent.

C-101EB.rar

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

rain effects and cockpit divider

Hi.

Couple of small bugs.

With the rain effects, it seems the rain is beading on the correct side on the canopy but beading on the opposite side on the front windshield. In the first two screenshots, the rain is coming from the left side. On the canopy, the rain is properly beading on the left but on the front windshield, the rain in beading on the right. I tried another module, the F-15C, and it works properly.

In the third screenshot, I'm getting an opaque grey texture between the front / rear cockpits.

Thx.

Screen_180526_114543.thumb.png.2e8750fbd882079369e351c8b3a585c4.png

Screen_180526_114559.thumb.png.7809e95200eecc5e0afc7b4fede4c914.png

Screen_180526_114624.thumb.png.27684a7b1eabdc987c3f63776d615601.png

When i in VR and i sit in the back i can't see the front pilot and vice versa. Only a grey screen. This is in 2.5.2 Open Beta. Thank you.

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly: