q regarding (mostly) to early access (F-14)

hawk66

I don't remember that ED allowed another module to be released while there is currently another available for pre-purchase.

So I assume we won't see the Tomcat released (or any other module) before the summer.

I've never heard of such a rule. Source?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

from the Cobra847;

The aircraft feels very much like a complete product (despite the in-game aircraft still being the Chromecat) - but we need some more time to migrate in all of our new art assets, and brush all of the dust away. The FM is complete, and most, if not all of the systems are Early Access or close to Early Access ready.

we’re very excited to note that the F-14 codebase can be considered in a practically Early Access ready state

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

I've never heard of such a rule. Source?

I was talking in a similar discussion, and no one could remember two modules overlap each other before release. Yes we know ED will do what it wants to do. However, it was wondered in the conversation if it was a part of the GLA because it has never happened. A module in pre-sale and then a second module going on sale at the same time has not happened. Unless we remember incorrectly. DCS has also never had this much activity in the pipeline, so that alone could change things.

"It's amazing, even at the Formula 1 level how many drivers still think the brakes are for slowing the car down."

VF-2 Bounty Hunters

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group 1 | Discord

I was talking in a similar discussion, and no one could remember two modules overlap each other before release. Yes we know ED will do what it wants to do. However, it was wondered in the conversation if it was a part of the GLA because it has never happened. A module in pre-sale and then a second module going on sale at the same time has not happened. Unless we remember incorrectly. DCS has also never had this much activity in the pipeline, so that alone could change things.

Alright, but that's just speculation then.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Alright, but that's just speculation then.

75% of these forums is speculation. Wouldn't you agree? Release dates, modules, etc. People have questions all the time.

"It's amazing, even at the Formula 1 level how many drivers still think the brakes are for slowing the car down."

VF-2 Bounty Hunters

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group 1 | Discord

well there's educated speculation and there's wishful thinking.

i think with consideration to the lead times presale marketing needs, there's no reason to believe the tomcat will beat the hornet to release.

there's always going to be a very distinctive increase in pr tempo preceding major events, and it's just not there yet.

Edited by probad

• 2 weeks later...