My effort in cockpit translation

Weaponscontrolpanel.jpg

hud.jpg

I am doing this becase I want to make the Su-27 pit, so I have to know what exactly those switches and knobs do..

But I found this job nealy impossible, information is very limited, and I know squad about Russians.

I really hope some of you nice guys could contribute a cockpit bluprint and functional details.

"НЕУП ПУСК" Means unguided launch (like pressing Alt-W and then launching)

"АВАР СБРОС" meanы emergency canpoy jettison

"АВАР ШАССИ" means emergency gear <lowering>

Sorry mate I'm in a bit of a hurry, so I only did the red switches... Might do the rest later if I got time

The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.

Hi all.

This really has me interested.

Trying to learn a new language has never been one of my strong skills. I like to play LOMAC to relax and take a breather from the real world. I like being Captain KILSEK Eagle/Hog pilot.

I am sure we all agree that LOMAC presents enough challenges, an Eagle driver going H2H against 2-4 Su-27's with missile effectiveness set to 100% and A.I. skill set to excellent, IMO is tough enough. So now let's reverse it. I am Comrade KILSEK going against 2-4 Eagles with M.E. set to 100% and A.I. set to excellent. I have not done that but I would bet that is probably equally as difficult. Now I need to learn how to read Russian and understand Betty? It is too much for me and I don't do it.

So I basically fly 2 of 6 flyables. It would help to have this available to me so that I would/could learn to fly the other 4 jets, working my way from the Su-27 to the Su-33(carrier experience) to the Su-25 to the Mig-29. It would also be great once having learned the Su-25 to advance to the the Su-25t and get a real appreciation for the full LOMAC/FC 1.1 experience.

As of right now I am "considering"(for lack of a better word) trying to learn the Su-27 so that I could jack around with the "humancockpit=yes" option that 1.1 sounds like it will offer. This will in-turn teach me to learn the Su-27 by default, and then possibly progress me with the other jets I described above. If the "humancockpit=yes" option loses my interest then I will in all likelyhood abandon my advancement and then keep myself within the confines of my Nato aircraft, only getting a partial taste of the full LOMAC/FC1.1 flavor.

Omega Oska, I do not want to add any pressure to you, but if you can get this accomplished , it would truely be a great contribution to LOMAC. Again I would bet that I am not the only one who would benefit from you work. Good luck and I look forward to this project you are attempting to do. Thanks, -KILSEK

lol get a russian keyboard.....:roll:

My :) girlfriend :) Vika originally comes from Volgograd :P, thats another way to learn russian. Why translate the cokpit, it spoils realism.

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

"умный, спортсмен, комсомолетс"

[sIGPIC]159th_pappavis.jpg[/sIGPIC]

[TABLE]SPECS: i9-9900K 32gigs RAM, Geforce 2070RTX, Creative XFi Fata1ity, TIR5, Valve Index & HP Reverb, HOTAS Warthog, Logitech G933 Headset, 10Tb storage.[/TABLE]

Hi all.

I am "considering"(for lack of a better word) trying to learn the Su-27 so that I could jack around with the "humancockpit=yes" option that 1.1 sounds like it will offer. This will in-turn teach me to learn the Su-27 by default, and then possibly progress me with the other jets I described above.

Yes, once you've learned the Su-27, you'll be able to use 90% of the avionics of the other Russians(I really like their Grid radar map). I would recommend Ironhand's Clipped Eagle tutorial - that should give you a good handle on how to MASTER the Russian planes.

ZoomBoy

My Flight Sims Page

- Link to My Blog - Sims and Things - DCS Stuff++

- Up-to-Speed Guides to the old Lockon A10A and Su-25T

- Some missions [needs update]

In the section of the Armament Control Panel to the right of where you have translated CbPOC as "Discharge"

"RAbOTA" = 'Work' = Selected Weapon Type: The black/white flag indicating that no weapon is selected changes to display the selected weapon type ("b" for bombs, "YP" for missiles, "HPC" for rockets).

"PE3EPB" = 'Reserve'?? = Internal Stores: In this case the internal cannon designated "BNY" (that middle letter isn't actually an 'N' but I don't have the appropriate Cyrillic character).

Below that is a section labeled "OCATOK" (Sorry, no translation but that entire block is dedicated to internal and external cannons): "NNY" are external gun pods (I believe). The window is 'flagged' because there aren't any mounted. To the right of that is "BNY" (Internal Cannon) again and a window showing rounds remaining: "K" for full, "3/4" for three-quarters, "1/2" for one-half, and "H3" for one-quarter(??). A black/white flag indicates empty.

Below this are two switches: The left switch has 2 (3??) positions. The top position is marked "NPOFP" (again I don't have the proper cyrillic characters but it transliterates to: PROGR) = 'Programmed' (I think) = the gunpod barrel depression angle is controlled by the onboard laser rangefinder. The bottom position, "0" is '0' (Zero) = gunpods are boresighted. Not sure if "FIKC" belongs to this switch or the one to the right. At any rate, "FIKC" = 'Fix' = the depression angle is controlled manually.

Also not sure what the word above the right-hand switch is. The complete word might be (in transliteration) OTSECHKA. Not sure what it means, though.

Before anyone asks, no there are no gun pods available for the SU-27 or -33 in FC. Also I don't know if they are available for the real world aircraft. You DO, however, get to play with the gunpod modes in the -25T.

Rich

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

• ED Team

Gunpods was tested but newer used with Su-27. But armament control panel

still have gunpods related switches and indicators.

"OTSECHKA" stands for "CUT OF BURST" in context it used at the aircraft. It is intended for switching on/off cut of internal gun burst after paticular amount of rounds had been fired. In another words it enables the max rounds limit that could be fired per one trigger depression.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

К чему стадам дары свободы?

Их должно резать или стричь.

Наследство их из рода в роды

Ярмо с гремушками да бич.

Hello Ironhand.

few corrections: "RAbOTA" -> "PAБOTA"

"BNY" -> "BПY" (internal cannon unit)

"OCATOK" -> "OCTATOK" ("ammount, how much ammo left")

Omega Oska, allow me to give you a little advice. If you DL and read both English and Russian 1.1 manuals, you can easely recognize and translate most cockpit symbols.

"There are five dangerous faults which may affect a general: recklessness, which leads to destruction; cowardice, which leads to capture; a hasty temper, which can be provoked by insults; a delicacy of honor which is sensitive to shame; over-solicitude for his men, which exposes him to worry and trouble." Sun Tzu

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic2354_5.gif[/sigpic]

Hello Ironhand.

few corrections: "RAbOTA" -> "PAБOTA"

"BNY" -> "BПY" (internal cannon unit)

"OCATOK" -> "OCTATOK" ("ammount, how much ammo left")

Omega Oska, allow me to give you a little advice. If you DL and read both English and Russian 1.1 manuals, you can easely recognize and translate most cockpit symbols.

My problem is that I don't (as far as I know) have a cyrillic character set available on my keyboard. So I'm trying to represent the characters as best I can with English letters. Is there a way for me to type messages here using cyrillic characters? I checked under "Fonts" in the Message Box and didn't see anything. And sorry about misspelling OCTATOK.

And I'm not sure how the Russian version of the manual will help Omega Oska. The cockpit labels remain in Russian as is the Russian explanation.

Rich

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Thanks for the contribution guys, but where do you people get the knowledge of Russians.

And Dmut, thanks for the advice, I will give that a try.

I hope this thread can inspire some experienced pit builder to start working. Since I am not sure how far I can progress with my limited skill and resources.

BTW, what is meant by the DAY and NIGHT switches under the HUD? Cockpit lights?

And the toggle that I marked AIR, the other side of the switch is "Ground". So I suppose it's a master switch that you toggle when you take off from the ground.

a few Updates

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v307/OmegaOska/gearcopy.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v307/OmegaOska/Trimcopy.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v307/OmegaOska/Weaponspanelcopy.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v307/OmegaOska/hud.jpg

These are my best guess, blame me if I was wrong....

Near the gear handle:

1. "cooling" : cooling of the R-73 seeker head

2. "near-auto-far" : dunno

3. "?? Helmet mounted sight" : dunno

4. "type target" : dunno

5. "amplify ??" : dunno

Near the trim lights:

1. "trim ??" : what is PH? rudder trim?

2. "visual correction" : hm....the strangest translation I found.....

Weapons control panel

1. "release" : jettsion gunpods

2. "cuttoff" : set gun burst, shift-c in v1.1

3. "unguided launch" : dunno

4. "series" : related to salvo mode, ripple interval (v, shift-v in v1.1)

5."main engine start" : sort of like car-key, guess can model it with engine start

6. "LA auto-override" : launch permission (alt-w)

7. "Air - ground" : dunno

8. "emergency canopy jettsion" : not modelled I think, but may programmed to "ctrl + c" ( actually I suspect this is to jettsion weapons)

9."emergency gear lowering" : not modelled, but may program to "ctrl+g"

10. "TOPM" and "B3PblB" : dunno, no idea at all

11. for those buttons related to gunpods, I think is only useful for Su-25T

Under the HUD:

1. "Brightness" : HUD display brightness (ctrl+h)

2. "setka" : grid mode (8)

3. "day", "night" : no idea

Here's additional screens:

"ТРИМ РН" - Trim direction rudders

"ТРИМ ЭЛ" - Trim Ailerons

"ТРИМ СТ" - Trim, but which - sorry, I don't know...

"ТОРМОЗ" - Brakes

"ЛЕВ" - Left, "ПРАВ" - Right

"ВОЗДУХ" - Air

"КОНТР" - Control

"ГИДРОАК" - Hydroacoustics

"ГИДРО" - Hydro

"КЛИН" - Wedge

"ТОРМ" - Brakes

ScreenShot_151.jpg.0e3f01319877e7c21c53cab04dc349bc.jpg

With best regards, Albert R. Valiev

----

Oculus Rift S, i7-8700, RTX-2070, 32Gb RAM, M2 SSD (X4 PCI-E mode).

BTW, what is meant by the DAY and NIGHT switches under the HUD? Cockpit lights?

And the toggle that I marked AIR, the other side of the switch is "Ground". So I suppose it's a master switch that you toggle when you take off from the ground.

The day/night switch on the hud brings up a red filter on the hud projector. So, whilst the day image is yellow-green, the night image is dark red.

The air/ground switch is what selects the A/G mode - there's no sepparate zemlya mode, as in lomac - you switch to the opt mode and place the switch in ground position.

And the switch you labeled "main engine start" is actually the master weapons system switch.

The one labeled by you emergency canopy jettison is "emergency drop" -used for dropping bombs throuhgh the backup circuit.

Octavian