LHA Amphibious Assault Package

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks, downloading now.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

No sorry DCS not that advanced yet.

If there is a big God that can edit the script, refer to the Dismounts Script file (https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=109676&highlight=mbot), you should be able to do it.

This script file can only play with the map that he gives. If we edit the map to add new vehicles, the added vehicles will have no effect.

Can you edit the script file again, so that the new vehicle will be effective.

Edited by cao990

Nop, you can place AAV7 in water in mission editor (2.5 open beta) . Place a waypoint on the ground , you must testing the beach where you want the AAV7 group land ( Sometimes they cannot pass the water limit) . but they land and follow their waypoints on the ground .

See the miz files ;)

test mod usmc .miz

Edited by Angus

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You are right but here is the weird thing. I tried to place an AAV7 in the water in 2.5 this morning before making my post and it would not accept a water spawn in the ME.

I download your mission and it worked. I then made my own and it worked. DCS is a very strange animal at the moment.

Thank you for the update and I can now spawn the land versions of the LCAC on water with the relevant lua tweaks. :thumbup:

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Following further testing with both the AAVs and the LCAC...... the deeper the water is as the starting point neither will reach land and follow their land based waypoints. I will continue to test and try to resolve the problem.

This will be a nice up-date to this package.

Looking forward to your magic!

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

I believe the simple answer is that whilst the AAV7 is amphibious it cannot be placed in the mission editor to start in the water. It can be driven in water using CA but no waypoints can be assigned to it to enter the water either.

In the task editor, AAV7 can be pre positioned in water or land. It can move from land to sea, or from sea to land.

Nop, you can place AAV7 in water in mission editor (2.5 open beta) . Place a waypoint on the ground , you must testing the beach where you want the AAV7 group land ( Sometimes they cannot pass the water limit) . but they land and follow their waypoints on the ground .

See the miz files ;)

AAV7 can go back and forth from land to sea. After the first air cushion vessel landed, it could no longer return to the sea. The second batch of hovercraft could not land on the shore.

Yes Cao990 this is normal .This LCAC mod use 2 different models . one "at sea" and other one "at land" . In Mission editor you can see the "at sea " model iis like a vessel ( oliver perry for example) and can't land on the ground .

The other model "at land" is like a armored vehicle and cant go to water .

This is the thing Sunstag try to do , make LCAC amphibious like they are AAV7 . But DCS have limitations on this point (or bugs ) .

Sorry for my bad english ....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi All,

I hasten to add this is not my Mod to adapt or change, it is simply an additional element I have managed to incorporate through the .lua. I am supporting fellow modders in their pursuit of pushing the bounds of DCS modding.

It is not my place to issue any of the changes I have made and that will be at the discretion of the Mod developers. I would hate to tread on anyone's toes as I know how much time and effort goes into producing such fine work.

All I have done is create this video to show what is potentially possible.

My thanks go to the Mod development team and Angus for highlighting the core DCS change.

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great !!!

It's all in your Honor ! :thumbup: Thanks also to people who spend time to offer mods to cheer our missions and scenarios!

glad to have been able to participate at my height.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]