** DCS: AJS-37 WIP Pre-Release Manual Released! **

Cobra847

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the book! :)

P. 201, Ground power.

In real life, ground power would already be connected and applied when the pilot enters the aircraft. It will also disconnect and actually fall off the aircraft connector automatically after engine start is complete.

I don't know if this is possible to simulate in DCS..?

That's cool. I drive on Ambulances on a voluntary basis and ours do that as well as soon as you start the engine.

Thanks for the manual!

Page 17. "The aircraft is powered by a high-bypass engine, the RM8A"

I believe it's actually low-bypass?

Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming

AMD Ryzen™ 5 5600X

AMD Radeon™ RX 6800 XT 

G.Skill 32GB (2 x 16GB) Trident Z Neo DDR4 3600MHz

High and low bypass are quite relative terms; the JT8D which the RM8 is based upon is a low bypass airliner engine (compared to the 3-5-10:1 ratios of other airliner engines), but a bypass ratio of 0,96:1 is very high compared to the 0,3-0,6:1 ratios of some modern fighter engines (F404, EJ200, AL31).

Thx Cobra!

Where is Chuck Owl? :D

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Great, thx!

Now it's time to start learning.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Awesome, thanks Cobra, I really appreciate this!

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

This is great!

By the way Cobra/Jedi/swither/whoever, how are you going to handle inputting coordinates into the waypoint system in Nevada? I think on the real aircraft you can input the coordinates in any order (lat/long or long/lat) because the computer just cheerfully assumes you're somewhere in northern Europe east of Greenwhich, but this is not possible according to your manual and in fact you have to input them backwards. Thing is though, in Nevada the longitude is somewhere around 115° west of Greenwhich, but the data panel only has two digits for degrees. Are you just going to tell people to input longitude minus a hundred, or are you going to chop off one digit of precision?

Edited by renhanxue

This is great!

By the way Cobra/Jedi/swither/whoever, how are you going to handle inputting coordinates into the waypoint system in Nevada? I think on the real aircraft you can input the coordinates in any order (lat/long or long/lat) because the computer just cheerfully assumes you're somewhere in northern Europe east of Greenwhich, but this is not possible according to your manual and in fact you have to input them backwards. Thing is though, in Nevada the longitude is somewhere around 115° west of Greenwhich, but the data panel only has two digits for degrees. Are you just going to tell people to input longitude minus a hundred, or are you going to chop off one digit of precision?

Now that's a thoughtful and interesting question if I ever saw one.

This is great!

Good question since the AJS37 was never ment to fly far outside Sweden. I hope the solution won't delay the release...

How (s)low can you go

oh, the function check of the Master Mode Selector is not implemented.(yet) It's sometimes sad to see that function tests like this are left out in a super comprehensive in depth military jet simulation. It's part of the aircraft systems, isn't it?

Will we possibly see it implemented in the future? And what does it even do exactly?

Edit: or is it for maintenance only?

Edited by Manuel_108