Dynamic Campaign Engine - Page 80 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-02-2018, 04:30 PM   #791
grant977

Anything for the hornet operating off the carrier?
grant977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 06:24 PM   #792
PB0_CEF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristofer View Post
I think there is something special with the fueltanks, they won´t stay dead for some reason (for the map objects). Static objects are those you add in the mission editor and can be viewed in the game with F12. They will stay dead as far as I know.
It can be a solution, not the best one for me because it's smarter to destroy on map object and you can't mix static objects and on map objects in the same target i think...
Why not two targets groups for one airbase : One with map objects that "accept" destruction (with coordinates) and another one for strategic static objects like Fuel tanks warehouses or other interesting static object not present near an airbases like hardened Command center or Communication center (with names) ?
It can be the solution.

The best would be to know what building don't accept precisely destruction to avoid to put them in the wrong target group !
PB0_CEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 06:56 PM   #793
QuiGon
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by grant977 View Post
Anything for the hornet operating off the carrier?
Take a look at page 74 of this thread.

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

QuiGon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 04:55 AM   #794
71st_AH Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBot View Post
Here is the helper mission to get scenery coordinates. Put the trigger area over the scenery object(s) you want, then run the mission. A file called "SceneryFinder.lua" will be exported to your DCS folder with the x-y coordinates of all objects. The mission is for 2.0. For 1.5 you have to rebuild the mission with the script provided.

Is the Scenery Finder still working in 2.5.2.19157 Update 6?

I am getting the same message as Christofer was getting in post #412

I did double check and the MissionScripting.lua was edited so that is not the reason.

Failing that, has anybody used it to collect some target data from the Normandy Map and are they willing to share the data?

Training for Sabre Pilots
http://1-fighter-otu.enjin.com/

http://www.il2aceshigh.com/

Last edited by 71st_AH Rob; 07-05-2018 at 05:03 AM.
71st_AH Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 11:30 AM   #795
QuiGon
Veteran

I think I found out what is wrong with map object damage. It's not the PG map that is making problems. The problem is that map object damage (e.g. fuel tanks and warehouses as targets at airbases), don't get registered by the DCE if the objects have been destroyed by clients in multiplayer coop. Only objects that are beeing destroyed by the host or by AI are accounted for.

Old 07-09-2018, 07:46 PM   #796
PB0_CEF

Since last updates it seems that Caucasus DCE campaigns work normally
Old 07-10-2018, 02:45 AM   #797
Caput_58

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuiGon View Post
I think I found out what is wrong with map object damage. It's not the PG map that is making problems. The problem is that map object damage (e.g. fuel tanks and warehouses as targets at airbases), don't get registered by the DCE if the objects have been destroyed by clients in multiplayer coop. Only objects that are beeing destroyed by the host or by AI are accounted for.
That's pretty consistent with what I've seen too.
Caput_58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 10:45 AM   #798
PB0_CEF

Attention ! With the last PG map upgrade datas were modified and 2 new airbases added : here is the new db_airbases.lua needed to make DCE campaigns :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o85mdrl2qn...s_PG2.lua?dl=0

If it can help someone

Nota : a first PG campaign project (with M-2000C as usual) should come soon (I'm testing it )
Old 07-21-2018, 11:02 AM   #799
QuiGon
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB0_CEF View Post
Attention ! With the last PG map upgrade datas were modified and 2 new airbases added : here is the new db_airbases.lua needed to make DCE campaigns :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o85mdrl2qn...s_PG2.lua?dl=0

If it can help someone
Thanks, I really appreciate it!

Old 07-21-2018, 10:13 PM   #800
PB0_CEF

@QuiGon : I tryed to use your ATO_FlightPlan.lua file to put AI FA-18C on CVN Stennis in the PG. The planes never appear as static planes on the CVN but that's not a ploblem. My second mission was planned with 2 FA-18C in SEAD support. The 2 planes appeared on the deck and I was nearly enjoying this new possibility but Number 1 tryed to move and stopped immediatly and the 2 planes never moved again

Don't know why ...