Mission 7 in 2.5.1

San Patricio

I started Mission 7 (Hotel 5) in 2.5.1 this evening but while the radio check and call in to wingman seems to work fine, none of the other active aircraft at Vaziani seem to want to take off. I got clearance to taxi and found the path to the runway blocked by another pair of M2000Cs that seem ready to take off but would not move. Nor would my wingman leave the hanger. I eventually worked my way past the planes blocking the taxiway and took off to see if that broke the log jam but nothing happened (and my wingman remained planted in the hanger the whole time). Seems like a busted start trigger and I'm wondering is this is new in 2.5.1.

I confirm the same on my and, will have to report it to ED.

EDIT: it is connected to radio transmission. Berger 1 gives you a briefing and a bug atops him in his tracks, also preventing others from taxiing. Temporary workaround would be to let everyone else take off before enabling your radios.

Edited by baltic_dragon
ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

I was going to restart this campaign, but sorry to see it won't work with 2.5.1.

FWIW, the graphical evolution of DCS has made starting up in the dark almost impossible for me. I couldn't see anything at the start of mission 2. I tried adjusting monitor settings, but nothing helped!

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

• 1 month later...

I would just like to follow up regarding Mission 7. It seems all the other flights take off fine, whether I wait for their take offs before doing the radio checks, or whether I do them immediately at missions start. Unfortunately my wingman still stays put in his hangar.

I've also noticed an RAF Hercules comes in to land, then gets stuck on the taxi way because and E-3B is in the way. I'm unsure whether this might be intended or also related to a problem that might cause two not to taxi out.

I've enjoyed the campaign thus far, but am stuck now. I assume, as per your last post, the problems that is causing the wingman to not activate, will be patched on Wednesday. My fingers are crossed.

Hey, it has been fixed earlier, I'll try to check what happens.

Oh, it was? Then this might be something else, I'll try to outline what I do at the start of the mission:

1. Get ground power.

2. Turn on Battery.

3. Set PSM mode to VEI.

4. Update current position coördinates.

5. Set PSM mode to ALN

6. Press VAL on PCM to start alignment.

7. Turn on red and green radio, for radio check.

- Berger then checks in and briefs us, checks is done between one and two.

8. Update Altitude of waypoints while INS aligns, probably not necessary, but keeps me busy.

9. Set bingo, IFF code, desired altitude.

During this time all the M2000C's take off successfully.

Once aligned:

10. Set PSM mode to NAV.

11. Get clearance from tower for startup.

12. After start up, get clearance for taxi.

By this time an RAF C-130 has landed on runway 32 and stopped on the runway 14 exit, blocked by an E-3B. (Not sure whether this is intended or not.)

13. I taxi out of the HAS, turn right, taxi past two's HAS, but he stays put. If I keep taxing, I will drove past I'm sure a trigger zone on, where a bunch of troops and vehicles on the left, next to another C-130 start moving out. I've taxied to the active runway (32) and taken off. Two remains in the HAS.

Things I've done differently:

Waited for the INS alignment to complete, before doing the radio check in, with then immediately starting up and taxing out, will yield the same result unfortunately.

I'm playing the campaign on Open Beta.

Edited by umkhunto

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately the wingman is still staying in his hangar, for me at least..

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

Yep! Moved him to the parking spot directly opposite and he is now rolling on his way :-) Thank you for the help!

By the way, great great work on the campaign considering it's not DLC! You should be doing ALL the campaigns, hahah

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

Just a little update on the next Mission 8, the wingman seems to get stuck on the last corner during taxi to runway (beside the Hercules).

I moved the Hercules to another spot and it's fine now, so maybe the AI wingman thought the C-130 was too close to the corner?

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

No problem! It's understandable there are going to be bugs moving over to 2.5 and it still being developed :-)

Now, I swear I'm just trying to be helpful, haha, but on Mission 10 I had problems with the flight lead not taxiing out. Moved him to another park spot and he's moving fine. Hope it helps!

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

I'm doing the campaign to in DC OB and I can't switch between radio channels (I mean, I can change the channels but frequencies do not change) neither can switch the green (main) one to manual frequencies.

Anyone else has this issue?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey! Are you sure that the Easy Comms option (under OPTIONS menu) is set to off? The campaign won't work properly without it.

Ohh! My bad, works now. Srry for that, should had known :doh:

Thanks!

:pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unfortunately the wingman is still staying in his hangar, for me at least..

Just a little update on the next Mission 8, the wingman seems to get stuck on the last corner during taxi to runway (beside the Hercules).

I moved the Hercules to another spot and it's fine now, so maybe the AI wingman thought the C-130 was too close to the corner?

No problem! It's understandable there are going to be bugs moving over to 2.5 and it still being developed :-)

Now, I swear I'm just trying to be helpful, haha, but on Mission 10 I had problems with the flight lead not taxiing out. Moved him to another park spot and he's moving fine. Hope it helps!

Hey! Mission 7 somehow wasn't updated even though I sent it some time ago. Mission 8 was fixed. Mission 10 - can't reproduce, the lead taxis as he should for me. Thanks for your reports!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

I wish i had spotted this thread earlier, just been playing around with the mission editor to get this working.

I can confirm that the AWACS (overlord) and the AC130 (enfield) are a problem. As you had suggested earlier in the thread if you delete the AWACS and move the AC130 further out it stops the blockage and stops the A130 trying to land, the rest of the mission continues as expected. FYI I'm also running the latest OB build.

Note to self, check for a bug thread first before playing around with the editor ;)