using mouse cursor in cockpit with oculus rift

bartdude300

Hi Guys how can I zoom and use my mouse cursor in the cockpit to swith switches with a oculus rift dk2 is it possible or not ??

Regards Glynn

Gigabyte X470, 32gb corsair 3200 ddr4, AMD Ryzen 7 3800X, Ml240 coolmaster, Nvidia GTX1080ti 11gb, 512gb ssd Seagate for DCS,Oculus rift CV1, X52 joystick and throttle

Go to controls and where you'd normally select what aircrafts controls you want to edit look for UI Layer. In there you should find VR zoom. Map this to a button on your joystick. Now under the VR tab of options there should be a box to "use mouse cursor" or something similar, that should get you going. You may struggle to read things with the DK2 but the CV1 is another world compared to that :D

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Brilliant thanks Deano

No probs! A rep would be nice :D:thumbup:

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

This should explain it, let me know if you have any other problems.

• Like 1

Proud owner of:

Hi Deano thanks for the youtube tutorial managed to map the VR zoom to my joystick now still cant get the cursor to show in VR mode though its driving me nutts lol. Ive ticked use cursor mode in VR settings but see no cursor

Gigabyte X470, 32gb corsair 3200 ddr4, AMD Ryzen 7 3800X, Ml240 coolmaster, Nvidia GTX1080ti 11gb, 512gb ssd Seagate for DCS,Oculus rift CV1, X52 joystick and throttle

Hi Deano thanks for the youtube tutorial managed to map the VR zoom to my joystick now still cant get the cursor to show in VR mode though its driving me nutts lol. Ive ticked use cursor mode in VR settings but see no cursor

You actually have to move the mouse to get the cursor to pop up. If you are trying to disable use of the mouse, you need to make sure, again to map the control input. You will need to assign/bind a key to use as the left mouse button ( I think either in the UI layer or the General layer tab of the control section).

I personally found that it became tiresome to move my head that much, so I enabled the normal mouse movement again.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Also what module are you flying? the FC3 aircraft don't have clickable cockpits so you'll see no cursor.

Proud owner of:

I correct my previous comment. You do not have to move the mouse physically if you bind a key for the left/right mouse button(s) to your HOTAS/keyboard or other peripheral..

I have the zoom button set to my HOTAS so I can still fly and use the button, but you are definitely still able to use the mouse while zoomed in or move your head while zoomed in and press the button you have bound for the mouse key you wish to simulate or use.

UI Layer under control options, then look for VR zoom. Bind that.

Then look for the left/right mouse button, bind each as you wish (I personally have them set to pg up/dwn as I have a bluetooth # keypad that is used as a kneedboard to enter CDU coordinates in my A10C.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

• 1 year later...

I must be doing something wrong because I can only see the white dot when I click on the menu button in flight. So it only works in selecting the menu options. I do not see it in game.

I've tried both with Use Mouse on and off, with both Keep cursor in window. No go. Programmed the left mouse button to shift-joystick trigger button. But can't use it while in flight.

Trying to figure out how to make it work with my HOTAS so that I can press the DDI or AMPCD buttons. Any ides anyone? Thanks.

OK...so as a total noob had to experiment and I think I got it working. You have to turn OFF Use VR Controller to see the cursor. Works for "most" things. DDI, UFC and AMPCD buttons work great. But other's not so much (i.e. AA and AG buttons can't - not a big deal since I'll set that to a HOTAS switch). So I'll experiment more with this but looks like this will work with solving my issue of how to press buttons on those devices. Cheers.