Did they say anything about meteor?

Kazansky222

I just read the newsletter and faq real quick, didn't see anything about weapons, specifically meteor, thats really all I care about. Has anybody seen anything said about that?

Meteor = hype

no meteor = new plane, same air to air weapons... cool.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

Truegrit, please, please focus on A2G capabilities (Brimstone and Paveway iV would be especially welcome)

The Eurofighter has only used A2G capabilities in RL scenarios...and do we really need another jet just to lob more and more active radar missiles towards furballs in PVP in the complete complete absence of a realistic A2A environment (AWACS/Datalink/IFF capabilities etc)

Airbag_signatur.png

Has the Meteor even been integrated yet? Typhoon is a European fighter with canards,

but it is not a Gripen =)

British (and Spanish?) Typhoons are already flying with Meteor in active service. German Typhoons will start doing the same this year.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

So because its such a recent addition its probably not feasible to expect the meteor for the typhoon in DCS.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Truegrit, please, please focus on A2G capabilities (Brimstone and Paveway iV would be especially welcome)

The Eurofighter has only used A2G capabilities in RL scenarios...and do we really need another jet just to lob more and more active radar missiles towards furballs in PVP in the complete complete absence of a realistic A2A environment (AWACS/Datalink/IFF capabilities etc)

Brimstone is UK only. TG are modeling a German EF initially. Manage your expectations accordingly.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

• 2 months later...
Brimstone is UK only. TG are modeling a German EF initially. Manage your expectations accordingly.

That is correct - initially ;)

-TITS-

Lead SME Eurofighter Typhoon

TrueGrit Virtual Technologies

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...
I'll be happy just to have a well modelled AA focused Tyhoon.

Anything beyond that is a bonus - though if you can manage to add Brimstone somwhere down the line.... :)

Exactly this.

I'll take reasonably realistic high fidelity Tranche 1 over fictional made up castrated Tranche 2/3 any day.

I believe TrueGrit know which variant can be modeled in realistic manner and which - not.

Exactly this.

I'll take reasonably realistic high fidelity Tranche 1 over fictional made up castrated Tranche 2/3 any day.

I believe TrueGrit know which variant can be modeled in realistic manner and which - not.

the CEO of TrueGrit said that if Boeing add thrust vectoring on a production model and not just limited to test planes then he will add it to DCS and I quote "If Boeing brings it out of their basement and we can get info on it we'll try to add it" ...considering Boeing's new Tranch 4 is going to have it as standard....yeah preeeetty sure its going to be a frankin module

the CEO of TrueGrit said that if Boeing add thrust vectoring on a production model and not just limited to test planes then he will add it to DCS and I quote "If Boeing brings it out of their basement and we can get info on it we'll try to add it" ...considering Boeing's new Tranch 4 is going to have it as standard....yeah preeeetty sure its going to be a frankin module

I'm hearing again from Boeing... Have I missed something? Neither the plane nor the engine is from boeing with the EF?

1000 flights, 1000 crashes - perfect record

First of all, boeing doesnt have anything to do with the EF. Tranche 4 isnt going to have tvc as standard, there isnt even any real info out there on what exactly a Tranche 4 will have. Airbus is the primary german contractor (and spanish).

I don't think anyone really thinks tvc are worth it for the EF, they also add weight and its already a very maneuverable airplane.

I'm hearing again from Boeing... Have I missed something? Neither the plane nor the engine is from boeing with the EF?

Who knows ? Maybe Southernbear is working for Boeing in the procurement department and... you know like Microsoft bought companies to acquire SW technologies they were not able or wanting to do themselves, Boeing will buy Airbus to be able to build passenger aircraft and high-performance fighters again ? :music_whistling:

So maybe he already knows stuff we don't ? ;)

Who knows ? Maybe Southernbear is working for Boeing in the procurement department and... you know like Microsoft bought companies to acquire SW technologies they were not able or wanting to do themselves, Boeing will buy Airbus to be able to build passenger aircraft and high-performance fighters again ? :music_whistling:

So maybe he already knows stuff we don't ? ;)