1. 1. AH-1 S or W? What do you want?

• AH-1G
    • AH-1S
    • AH-1W

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PilotMi8 just confirmed that they MAYBE switch to AH-1S or W Variant.

What do you think?

P.S.: I will add the G variant to show them what the community thinks

Personally, and only for selfish reasons, I'd have to pick the S first and the G second, since the G is very much like the gunship fitout for the C or D, but with a SCAS system.

I have RL experience with the S and the G, but not with the W.

The S and the G I could just get in and use. For the W I'd have to study! :-(

FWIW, my $0.02 is that if there is only going to be 1 Cobra, then let it be the W.

If there will be more than one, then I'd say start with the S (TOW missiles differentiate it from the UH-1H) and hopefully do the Viper later on. But, as there are tons of other great helis vying for attention and with the potential classified issues of the Viper, 2 Snakes seem unlikely so stick with the Whiskey.

I'm really looking forward to this one too!

3570K w/ 16GB, 1070 w/ 8GB @ 1440p, VKB Gunfighter/MCG-Pro & T-Rudder Mk.IV, CH ProThrottle, TrackIR 5, HTC Vive, UniversRadio, VoiceAttack, TacView Pro, DCS Menu Nav

F/A-18C, F-5E, F-86F, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Ka-50, SA342, P-51D, Spitfire Mk.IX, Bf109, Fw190, FC3, CA, Persian Gulf, NTTR, Normandy, WW2 Assets

Somehow, if the S or G were released first, I don't think the W would be off the table. Seems like most people here would easily buy more than one Cobra, or at least an "upgrade" price for the next model.

Indeed. Actually I would find it quite interesting to have them all - just to experience of how the Cobra evolved. How (dis)similar is the handling, the flight model between Huey and Cobra G? How much difference does the differen armament options really make in practice? Same for G vs S or S vs W. And ofc always the W just because it's badass. :o)

Either S or W. G is fine too, I guess but not my cup of tea. S would be a nice in between, and can be easier to do, and W can be released later on. I think I'd get both eventually, even though I am a horrible chopper pilot :)

W, even the early version, I believe would be very different what work may have been done on G, and would mean a long wait most likely. Different and twin engines, very different airframe, very different systems & avionics even in earliest W version. So a progression of S then W would be cool in my opinion.

Didn't vote though, since I believe companies should be able to choose and go ahead with what they develop, for their own reasons, regardless how much we want them to develop Sopwith Camel, F-22 Rapor, X-Wing or Tie Fighter instead :)

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Either S or W. G is fine too, I guess but not my cup of tea. S would be a nice in between, and can be easier to do, and W can be released later on. I think I'd get both eventually, even though I am a horrible chopper pilot :)

W, even the early version, I believe would be very different what work may have been done on G, and would mean a long wait most likely. Different and twin engines, very different airframe, very different systems & avionics even in earliest W version. So a progression of S then W would be cool in my opinion.

Didn't vote though, since I believe companies should be able to choose and go ahead with what they develop, for their own reasons, regardless how much we want them to develop Sopwith Camel, F-22 Rapor, X-Wing or Tie Fighter instead :)

Good God VOTE. The developers ARE the ones asking.. (At least they were the ones that said there is some question on which model) They wouldn't have posted the question if they didn't want to know what we wanted... I agree they have the right to provide what they want, but they are asking for our opinions to figure out what they want to provide..

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

Good God VOTE. The developers ARE the ones asking.. (At least they were the ones that said there is some question on which model) They wouldn't have posted the question if they didn't want to know what we wanted... I agree they have the right to provide what they want, but they are asking for our opinions to figure out what they want to provide..

I voted for W version since I would like to see another modern heli in DCS.

But my recommendation is not to be so excited about this poll. It was not created by anyone labeled "BST developer" and there was no sign of their interest. I am just not sure how much it is them who asks us.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I voted for W version since I would like to see another modern heli in DCS.

But my recommendation is not to be so excited about this poll. It was not created by anyone labeled "BST developer" and there was no sign of their interest. I am just not sure how much it is them who asks us.

This poll was created in response to an earlier post from Belsimtek stating G,S or W... They weren't certain yet.. Depended on the community..

(And no I don't have the link)

I doubt they would have said what they said if they didn't want to hear what our opinion was..

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

They didnt outright ask for our opinion but I guarantee you they are watching this thread/poll.

Intel i7 6700k OC 4.7ghz

Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero Motherboard

Zotac GTX980ti 6GB Amp Extreme

32 GB DDR4 3200 RAM

Oculus Rift CV1

Thrustmaster Warthog

I just dont like missinformation. This forum is quite full of it. This poll was maybe created as some response to some statement there and elsewhere, but the point is still the ones who should be the ones asking are not the ones asking. I dont want to see disappointed group of people who believed that BST wanted to know something.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They didnt outright ask for our opinion but...

They did not ask for 'our' opinion at all.

we are now reviewing the plan .. maybe it will be "-1S" or "-1W"..:book:

Also note that PilotMi8 hasn't even posted on the English forum since he made that statement, much less commented on the poll progress.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: