designating targets for AUTO bombing mode

Cik

Yes you are wrong :).

1. Master arm ON

2. A/G select

3. select a bomb and configure it to drop in AUTO.

4. HUD SOI (sensor select forward). Ball and chain should now appear.

5. WEAPON RELEASE (this will not release a bomb, but will designate a target. Use this or TDC depress).

ball and chain just never appears with sensor select fwd

bomb config is MK82Y - AUTO - NOSE - OFF - RET - 8 - 1 - 200

it used to work, but a few patches ago it stopped. unsure how i could be doing it wrong, it's a single button press IIRC.

Just undesignate (pinky switch) the castle up (sensor control) that will bring the ball and change up. I have been practicing with it tonight, so it works in the latest patch.

PS how great that Mover pops in every now and then!!!

Cheers

Mike

Edited by Sting57

Win11 64bit, AMD Ryzen 58003DX, GeForce 3070 8GB, 2TB SSD, 64GB DDR4 RAM at 3200MHz _ full 1:1 FA-18C Cockpit https://www.youtube.com/@TheHornetProject

I've certainly seen several HUD tapes where the target approach and initial pull was in CCRP. Hands on select to CCIP was made once the target was in HUD. It makes all sorts of sense.

Like so,

I'm pretty sure that's what he means.

Yes, we kept it in CCRP around the pattern to avoid off range or inadvertent release.

If that is how you have it mapped, that is not realistic. The pickle button does not designate anything.

IIRC, with TDC to the HUD, you hit the pinky switch/NWS button to designate/undesignate.

I edited this post shortly after. Had no idea Weapon Release was not meant to do that, but that's what it does in the sim at the moment.

In DCS, as it is right now - once the hud is your sensor of interest (and you have no target waypoint already designated), you can either use TCD Depress or Weapons Release to designate a target to release a bomb in AUTO (assuming you have a bomb selected on the stores page and you are in A/G mode).

That works for me every time. I would love to hear more about this from you and I hope ED can further improve this in the future if it's not accurate.

The CCIP pipper is a lot better in the Viper IMO.

Well that’s a given... it’s a Viper, it does everything better! ;)

- runs away -

:harhar:

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Well that’s a given... it’s a Viper, it does everything better! ;)

- runs away -

:harhar:

Actual footage of Mover chasing Deano:

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

Is there a way to reduce TDC slew sensitivity (in the HUD) for auto bomb without impacting the slew of the AGM65? I find that HUD slew is ridiculously fast and the AGM is too slow.

Processor: i7-8700K CPU @ 5.1GHz (OC)

Memory: 16384MB RAM DDR 4266

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080TI FE

VR: PiMax 5K+

HDD: Samsung SSD 960 EVO

HDD: WD SSD WDS100T2B0A-00SM50

You could try reducing your Saturation Y in the axis control setting, it flattens the line out. Try 70 and work from there. It will affect all the slews but it's subtle.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog